Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Injuries on an already weaker part of your team makes things hard. Patriots had to have our special teams captain (Slater) take reps with the first team offense as a WR, just to keep things going. We have like 5 WR's not training. If it's your O-line, then everything just grinds to a halt, I suspect.

Still really curious who will end up being the starter in Denver in a few weeks. Probably going to try and watch a pre-season game or 2 of you guys to see what's up.
    It will either be Siemian or Sanchez. The downside to Siemian is he takes longer to get through his reads, but makes safe throws so he has an advantage there. They have been flip flopping who looks better, but it will come down to the preseason games since this defense doesn't make any QB look good. Kind of hoping they just run the ball 40 times, don't turn it over and let the defense do their thing. Even with barely any defensive starters taking reps today they still dominated with only 1 non o-line starter.

O-line has a couple back-ups and 1 starter dealing with injuries, 2 of the top 4 corners aren't practicing, but pretty much it outside of guys getting days off and Ware. Can't wait for Okung to get hurt and have to see Schofield try to play LT. Might have have a QB left soon after that.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-08-04 at 09:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Chiefs lost their backup to the Eagles, but they still have Aaron Murray and drafted Kevin Hogan, who was one of the more NFL ready QBs this year. They probably signed Foles just to have a backup with an NFL pass attempt. Dak Prescott might be fine when he is forced to play, at least better than they had last year. There are enough teams with 4-5 QBs right now that someone with experience might end up cut before the season starts.

Trading McCarron sounds like a bad idea come playoff time because Andy Dalton.

Daltom could throw the worst game in histroy and Lewis still wouldn't bench him.

At least not in a moment's notice like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Leon Hall to the giants.

I hate being reminded that the majority of our secondary are first round picks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys have reached out to Josh freaking Freeman, just to do their due diligence on what's available at QB. Pretty damn telling how bad the QB market is if teams are looking at Josh Freeman as a possible option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys have reached out to Josh freaking Freeman, just to do their due diligence on what's available at QB. Pretty damn telling how bad the QB market is if teams are looking at Josh Freeman as a possible option.
    Josh McCown is their best bet.

Is Vick around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbf I think McGloin probably already is. There's no reason to keep 3 QB's on a roster unless one of them is hurt.
    It's the Green Bay way of doing things that Reggie's brought with him, they always try to keep 3 QBs on the roster, training one up and looking to trade off a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today was interesting.

Ifedi or Britt got into it with Bennett in team drills. Bennett was forced to sit out of practice. Ifedi praised Bennett during his presser however, saying hes been a great mentor on and off the field. TE/FB Brandon Cottom and TE Ronnie Shields both went down with serious achillies injuries within a few plays of each other. TE Luke Willson was nursing an injury and Cooper Helfet broke a bone in his foot last week, so the TE position is confirmed the injury stricken position now. Doug Baldwin got his foot stepped on and was held out. Kam Chancellor hurt his groin.

They also worked out former Saints RG Jahri Evans, which is the position Ifedi is playing atm.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Josh McCown is their best bet.

Is Vick around?
    Based on what Vick did with the Steelers last year, might be better off with Freeman. Isn't McCown the starter in Cleveland?

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what Vick did with the Steelers last year, might be better off with Freeman. Isn't McCown the starter in Cleveland?
    Huge action hasn't decided yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Huge action
    I like it. Reminds me of Philly Defensive Coordinator Gym Shorts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    They also worked out former Saints RG Jahri Evans, which is the position Ifedi is playing atm.
    I read this earlier and wondered what was up with that. I hadn't heard anything out of Seattle about the O-line being bad (and usually that's the main thing you hear out of Seattle) so I was kind of surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Reminds me of Philly Defensive Coordinator Gym Shorts.

- - - Updated - - -

I read this earlier and wondered what was up with that. I hadn't heard anything out of Seattle about the O-line being bad (and usually that's the main thing you hear out of Seattle) so I was kind of surprised.
    Just a depth move I think if they get him/got him. I have been playing OW since getting home lol.

O line sounds improved from what I hear.

Reggie Bush signed with the Bills. Guess they did not see he has a total of like 80 carries the last 2 years combined.
    Punt returner.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Punt returner.
    Oh, well in that case he has 8 returns over the last 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matt Ryan got picked off in practice by Kyle Shanahan.

If you're not familiar with Falcons staff let me rephrase that:

Matt Ryan got picked off by his own offensive co-ordinator.

That's gotta sting a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Yeah, but that's cheating. He called in the play, so he knew what was coming!

(he probably didn't)

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots held intra-team scrimmage. Brady went 25 for 25 and was fired up out of his mind. Easily won the scrimmage against the Garoppolo led team. Spoke to the press afterward (first time in months) but didn't say anything remarkable (of course he didn't).

It was slightly mixed teams, not straight up first team vs second team, but still, Garoppolo had Gronk, which should have been sizeable advantage, but he still didn't manage to actually score a TD and apparently things got a bit flustered at times and things broke down.

While hearing that Chris Hogan and Martellus Bennet are thriving is good news, I don't like it at all that Garoppolo is apparently not even ready to do a team scrimmage yet. In about 30 days we need this guy to lead the team against the Arizona Cardinals, he needs to be ready.

Shanahan might not be any worse than the Saints corners, so good practice for those games.

Seriously though, he probably did know the route the looked like TE was supposed run so he knew where to stand to get the ball thrown right to him.

10+ Year Old Account

What I read was Shanahan and Ryan designed the play to teach the receiver to cut towards the quarterback, so he already knew it was coming and Ryan basically threw the ball right at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking back at the video it looks under thrown, the receiver hadn't started to look back from the ball and Shanahan kept eyes on it.

It wasn't well received by people watching at camp.

Edit: Looks like they clarified, the receiver ran the right route but too deep. Matty Ice doesn't suck that badly.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2016-08-05 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Looks like they clarified, the receiver ran the right route but too deep. Matty Ice doesn't suck that badly.
    Time for damage control! Don't want to have a Tannehill situation

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, no one mentioned this yet, but Palmer and Fitz both got contract extensions from the Cardinals. Ballsy move for 2 guys that are very much at the end of their career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, no one mentioned this yet, but Palmer and Fitz both got contract extensions from the Cardinals. Ballsy move for 2 guys that are very much at the end of their career.
    I like this move a lot. I'm half way through All or Nothing and one thing I realize is Bruce Arians is a mean mofo when they lose. That kind of coaching doesn't work when you come up short a lot.

Not much outta Seahawks camp. Hawkblogger reported that the players were forced to remove their pads mid practice. Not sure if it was planned or a disciplinary action. Sounds like the former because nobody else mentioned it. Browner is looking like he will make the team by playing very good on special teams. D line is improving and O line is waning as coaches mix up the line.