Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Jobs are not bad if you enjoy the people you work with, have a few friends from work now.

15+ Year Old Account
    You said you are still in school, right. You can try selling your notes and/or essays and such online to other students. Don't know about the UK, but it's a big thing in the Netherlands. And if your notes are already decent, there is no extra work at all, just upload it and wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright this is the "how to get rich the plan" plan.

Step 1:
    Take out all of your money at the bank.
    Step 2:
    Buy a shit ton of lottery tickets.
    Step 3:
    Profit!

Seriously though, don't abuse the welfare system. Some people really do need it and you just disrespect that.
    Best advice you will get is to find a job you actually like or at least doesn't make you want to scratch your eyes out at the end of the day.

Later on you can always work less if you find a boy- or girlfriend if you both start working part-time.

Or be lucky and win the lottery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Jobs are not bad if you enjoy the people you work with, have a few friends from work now.
    Also this, colleagues really do help. It does work both ways though, you can have shitty ones as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't wanna work then live on the streets or maybe in small apartment with welfare. People like you should not exist and should be eliminated because you are just lazy bastard who tries to find escape and make it harder for others. That's not how the life works :P

It may first feel like working is hard and annoying but after you see your friends to move on in their lives and you are stuck inside your small apartment on welfare income being barely able to buy food for each day, it suddenly gets really lonely and boring. When working you most likely meet new people make new friends and in most cases makes you go outside of your house.

Here is the truth: Your indie game probably will never make any money or get fame enough that next games would do so. Most indie game developers work in another job and make the game on their free time.

I recommend to try to get in a already working small game company and work for them, if you got the skills. Right attitude is something you don't have tho.

And this is not just for you... This is for all of you who just sit inside front of your computer doing nothing all day, including me. Tho I'd even pay to get new job right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    If you don't wanna work then live on the streets or maybe in small apartment with welfare. People like you should not exist and should be eliminated because you are just lazy bastard who tries to find escape and make it harder for others. That's not how the life works :P

It may first feel like working is hard and annoying but after you see your friends to move on in their lives and you are stuck inside your small apartment on welfare income being barely able to buy food for each day, it suddenly gets really lonely and boring. When working you most likely meet new people make new friends and in most cases makes you go outside of your house.

Here is the truth: Your indie game probably will never make any money or get fame enough that next games would do so. Most indie game developers work in another job and make the game on their free time.

I recommend to try to get in a already working small game company and work for them, if you got the skills. Right attitude is something you don't have tho.

And this is not just for you... This is for all of you who just sit inside front of your computer doing nothing all day, including me. Tho I'd even pay to get new job right now...
    i dont know but... are you retarded ???

Been working on a story for a few years now, with smaller prequels to edit once I finish this part as I drift from part time to part time. Soooo... I too am living this likely pipe dream of trying to pursue a dream that will allow me to make money without slaving for some rich fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    i dont know but... are you retarded ???
    Dunno, maybe I am. But atleast I am explaining and actually saying something instead of "are you retarded?" Less shit talk and calling in names without givin a reason, thank you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Roundell View Post
    Indie developer is saturated market, and going at it alone or 2man thing you have to know if your an entrepeneur and able to self motivate, it's much easier to work for others.

If you want to not work much but still want a decent income, i don't know how it is in your country but in ours i'd say nursing is probably a good job. It's a 16-28 hours a week and it has the traditional union deals where you get automatic pay increase for each yearin the field which accumaltes a lot where it results in having a higher hourly wages than higher educated work of small bussinesses.

Only negative is you can have annoying workshifts and you have to listen to people talking about drama series :P

- - - Updated - - -

How were you able to make that switch? In our country it feels you need to get a specific education for everything
    Took the hard road and went back to studying. You need specific educations for most fields here in Denmark too, but if you're after something specific then you gotta go back and study for it

Dunno, maybe I am. But atleast I am explaining and actually saying something instead of "are you retarded?" Less shit talk and calling in names without givin a reason, thank you ^^
    no you dont deserve anything else... maybe re read your Post and try to understand what bullshit you wrote

10+ Year Old Account
    no you dont deserve anything else... maybe re read your Post and try to understand what bullshit you wrote
    Maybe try to discuss about it like a adult. Maybe there is a good reason why I don't like people who are trying to avoid working while rest are doing their part? This is a forum where people are arguing and discussing about things. Not a place where you go full defensive and attack with words like "retard" right to way without any explanation. Also why I would not deserve good explanation for your sudden burst of hate?
    It may sound lil bit like I am trolling but I am not. It's just sad when someone gets all angry instantly without giving a reason :/

Edit:

Nvm you don't have to answer. After reading your other comments I understand. Sorry I didn't realize you are going tru somekind emo/hate phase. Hopefully you understand someday that being suchs a jerk to others is not a way to live good life.
    Last edited by Ihazpaws; 2016-08-05 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    I need some advice on this. I don't want a job. I don't want to work 5 days or more a week from 9am-5pm slaving away. I've got some plans for the future about landing an apprenticeship or teaching myself and becoming an indie game developer but the one thing that seems to bother me is using up a lot time in my daily life devoted to working. I'm 19 years old and in Education but before these two years are up I need to seriously start making choices about how I'm going to solve this dilemma. I've never been obsessed with money and need help.

How do I get a job that requires barely any time or effort yet gets me the necessities in life? I don't want to feel like I'm wasting time. Anybody got some advice?
    Learn a viable computer language that you can use in game development and for other companies and get a job coding. Some companies will let you work from home and at your own pace - just as long you meet the deadline. In essence, you're getting paid to learn a language and skill that you will need for your game company.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Maybe try to discuss about it like a adult. Maybe there is a good reason why I don't like people who are trying to avoid working while rest are doing their part? This is a forum where people are arguing and discussing about things. Not a place where you go full defensive and attack with words like "retard" right to way without any explanation. Also why I would not deserve good explanation for your sudden burst of hate?
    It may sound lil bit like I am trolling but I am not. It's just sad when someone gets all angry instantly without giving a reason :/

Edit:

Nvm you don't have to answer. After reading your other comments I understand. Sorry I didn't realize you are going tru somekind emo/hate phase. Hopefully you understand someday that being suchs a jerk to others is not a way to live good life.

" People like you should not exist and should be eliminated because you are just lazy bastard who tries to find escape and make it harder for others."

dont bother anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    " People like you should not exist and should be eliminated because you are just lazy bastard who tries to find escape and make it harder for others."

dont bother anymore
    So now you have said I am retard for having opinion, I don't deserve answer why my opinion is so disgusting to you and copy of a text I've written earlie. You really are bad at this...

But you're right, I won't bother with you anymore. It's like talking to religious person who goes to defensive mode right after hearing something about religion he/she does not like. It's shame... really :/

i was looking at youtube and found this ...

weird video... catchy song

good times

7+ Year Old Account
    I used to work in a very physically demanding job. After 6 years of of actually caring and trying hard to do a good job a position opened that I had been waiting for. I met all the requirements and had plenty of experience. However, when it came time to hire someone for the position the owner hired his friends son with absolutely no experience. From that moment on I knew that hard work does not get you anywhere in a capitalistic system. All bosses and owners want to do is completely ring you out of your life force then discard you while never giving you a raise or a promotion. 6 years of my life thrown away over a greed filled boss/owner. I was young and naive.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-08-05 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many work from home options if you're looking to live the NEET lifestyle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I used to work in a very physically demanding job. After 6 years of of actually caring and trying hard to do a good job a position opened that I had been waiting for. I met all the requirements and had plenty of experience. However, when it came time to hire someone for the position the owner hired his friends son with absolutely no experience. From that moment on I knew that hard work does not get you anywhere in a capitalistic system. All bosses and owners want to do is completely ring you out of your life force then discard you while never giving you a raise or a promotion. 6 years of my life thrown away over a greed filled boss/owner. I was young and naive.
    That sucks man. What are you doing now?

Wow! Welcome to the real world.

Deleted
    ITT: People taking my post out of context for 25+ pages while getting triggered at the thread title, all while projecting their own thoughts and feelings onto me.

Screw it guys, I've decided to become a cam stripper.

Ok well if you want a real answer.

You say "How do I get a job that requires barely any time or effort yet gets me the necessities in life?". You clearly have not been exposed to what outside really is like, nothing comes without a price. There's is always going to be a checks and balances system. Smh