Thread: SIM Talents

SIM Talents

Why are so many talents based around whichever one sims the highest that's the one you pick? I thought that's what Blizzard was trying to get away from with the new format talent trees that were introduced in MoP, and that we still use. You're really only picking two maybe three talents in actuality; the quality of life talents. In my opinion all talents should be QoL talents that you choose to fit your play style.

Seeing a talent tree like this saddens me, because there's so little choice. You pick the 5 highest dps talents, then you get to choose 2 QoL talents. It should be the other way around IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Why are so many talents based around whichever one sims the highest that's the one you pick? I thought that's what Blizzard was trying to get away from with the new format talent trees that were introduced in MoP, and that we still use.
    That was the goal. But
    1) they realised it's really, really hard to design encounters where all classes could have 24-27 variable talents that would give meaningful choices.
    2) people are constantly crying about how the old system was better and how they preferred the 'this adds +2% DPS' cookie cutter builds.

They listen and this is what we get. A compromise.