Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Tyrande Whisperwind: The Legion has returned, Illidan. Your people have need of you once more.
    Illidan Stormrage: Because I once cared for you, Tyrande, I will help you hunt down the demons. But I will never owe our people anything!

And then later Illidan and his Naga massacre a Night Elf fishing village while on a mission for Kil'jaeden and the Burning Legion.

These are not the words or actions of a person "always about saving Azeroth and his people."
    True, he doesn't souond like he is, but then hi sactions tell a different story, in fact he sounds like a person who's really pissed at what's happened to him, but doesn't dwell there, he resumes his mission.

no, these are the words of a person who's pissed for being locked up for 10k years, and accused of being a betrayer despite enduring EVERYTHING to destroy those who harmed his world.. and yet despite such incarceration, doesn't lash out and destroy everyone in revenge, but counts as apart of the sacrifice to get whats done.

Funnily enough this is how truly good people behave, they don't just go, "oh, i was trying to help you or save you but you locked me up so bah" - do you still help people shun you and despise you despite what you're doing would save them? Well, his people hurt him, but he doesn't hate them, part of the sacrifice of being a demon hunter is people aren't going to congratulate you for saving them, they're going to freak out because you're all fel infused , they're going to shun you and despise you, but this shouldn't lessen your resolve to help them or save them, you do it anyway. Illidan learnt this, because he at first expected huge praise and congratulations from his people , but instead they locked him up. He gave them a huge gift in the well of eternity, but yet they treated it and him suspiciously, and called him a betrayer for doing so.

I think he was really annoyed then, but being the great guy that he is, he doesn't get all vindictive about it, it is clear as the story is showing that Illidan returns to saving the world and his people. Also the power of love.. he's in love with her even though he claims not to be. Interesting how they used Maiev to be the one to bring him down, and not Tyrande. Maiev who is at odds with her leader too, and pursues Illidan when Tyrande refuses too. Interesting, like they saw this coming.

- this is how I'm viewing it.

The corpses were mutilated and the village was burned. It was a massacre.

There's also this quote from one of Illidan's Naga during the mission: "Wretched woman. We will retake the surface world and put an end to your vile race once and for all."

There's also the port of Nendis being razed by Illidan and his Naga in the same mission.

These were acts of aggression perpetrated by Illidan to both secure a ship for himself and destroy any remaining vessels in order to stop anybody from pursuing him. So yes, actually, there is quite a lot of proof that Illidan attacked them without being provoked.
    yes, Naga. Illidan doesn't care for Azeroth or anything. those are the words of Naga. Illidan doesn't give them a text to say everything what he says. Naga retaking the surface world is only Naga's goal. plus, Illidan attacks those who opposes him.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-08-05 at 11:32 AM.

yeah they need to drop the whole you are / are not prepared thing. we get it.

not a bad watch though, not as good as the other two. I think Gul'dan's was the best.

"No one has ever heard of the town of my birth, and no one ever will..."
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    haha, that's cos his face is covered with a GIGANTIC beard.. which some of us really love. But his face in his latest model actually is rather good looking, as much as you can make out by the beard. They are twins afterall. I had the impression they were identical twins.

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrande Whisperwind: The Legion has returned, Illidan. Your people have need of you once more.
    Illidan Stormrage: Because I once cared for you, Tyrande, I will help you hunt down the demons. But I will never owe our people anything!

And then later Illidan and his Naga massacre a Night Elf fishing village while on a mission for Kil'jaeden and the Burning Legion.

These are not the words or actions of a person "always about saving Azeroth and his people."
    Go and read the book he didn't massacre anyone the demons did, he and his Naga arrived moments later and found the dead villagers with Vandel who was alive. Later Maiev arrived and found only Illidan's and the Naga's footsteps because
    1 the demons weren't so many
    2 the Naga footsteps kind of erase any other footsteps since they move like a snake
    3 Maiev is obsessed with Illidan's guilt and doesn't check if there was more to the slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    In BC it was because he was attacking everyone on Outland.

But that was retconned in the novel to his minions just doing whatever the fuck they wanted and him not giving a fuck.
    Kael'thas sent the soon to be scryers to attack shattrath
    This was before it was revealed karl'thas was working with the legion

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    All in all, supermotherfuckinghappy about Illidan coming back and hopefully sticking around to some degree.

Seems more like propaganda to get people into making demon hunters then a story focused video per se. Then again, we just got a book about Illidan a while ago.

Interesting video regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Illidan is suddenly all about saving Azeroth. The fuck? That's some shitty retconning.
    TFT was all about Illidan trying to destroy the Lich King and the Scourge, spanning 3 of the 4 campaigns (with Orcs being a side story unconnected to the rest).

TBC pretty much took his character (and Kael and Vashj) and made them lolevil to have recognizable faces to kill. It was dumb and while these are retcons, they are much more in line with the TFT character.

7+ Year Old Account
    why people want Blizzard to stop Using "you are not Prepared", it's selling Quote, the same with "I'm Batman"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Can they both not be true? Illidan always hated the Legion, always wanted to destroy it, and this is exactly what he went about doing or trying to do in WC3. For all his methods I never got the impression that Illidan wasn't trying to somehow still save his people and his world, even after a 10k year imprisonment. I remember thinking that a bit far-fetched but at least incredible that despite everything, he still wanted to save, and he still also hated everything about the Legion. To me it was clear he was playing Kil'jaeden and when I read WotA, I understand how, cos he played Sargeras too, I didn't realize how extraordinary that was ofc, but Illidan tries to end ARthas - just because Kil'jaeden wants it? Or because it is helping Azeroth? It hink it was the latter, and at least in that case the two goals were in alignemnt. He was never shown to be legion loyal, always fighting them, undermining them and trying to destroy them.

But WC3 didn't have much from his perspective, he was still largely mysterious. We know he wasn't a villain, more like an anti-hero, and it was surprising that he was the main villain of TBC.

Anyway, that's the way I see it

actually it didn't retcon anything, as I mentioned above, often what happens in lore is that they delve into an area releasing new information or focus. Here, the focused emphasis is different. We didn't see or hear much of Illidan's on view on the matter in TBc
    We saw enough to see he was a raving lunatic shouting about how he 'defeated arthas' and had clearly snapped. Without a single hint of him going on the offensive against the Legion rather than just barricating his hiding place from KJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    TFT was all about Illidan trying to destroy the Lich King and the Scourge, spanning 3 of the 4 campaigns (with Orcs being a side story unconnected to the rest).

TBC pretty much took his character (and Kael and Vashj) and made them lolevil to have recognizable faces to kill. It was dumb and while these are retcons, they are much more in line with the TFT character.
    Yes but he was coerced into that by KJ not doing it out of the kindness of his heart.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha, that's cos his face is covered with a GIGANTIC beard.. which some of us really love. But his face in his latest model actually is rather good looking, as much as you can make out by the beard. They are twins afterall. I had the impression they were identical twins.
    They were both rather good looking.
    But they're also both really old now.. and Malfurion spent time in the dream and became an Arch Druid, while Illidan became something more than a demon. I guess both their beautiful looks have faded..

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    But they're also both really old now.. and Malfurion spent time in the dream and became an Arch Druid, while Illidan became something more than a demon. I guess both their beautiful looks have faded..
    it shouldn't have though, they are both immortal, Malfurion until recently, he doesn't even have a wrinkle when you look at his face, and Illidan's hard cast is probably due to the fel struggle.

we find out from Chronicles that night elves are virtually immortal anyway at base, but still age, just very very slowly, add to that, for 10k years the Hyjal group got real immortality, so they froze without aging a single bit, till recently, in other words, it should be a very very long time before we notice their aging from appearance unless losing the immortality causes the last 10k years to catch up, -- otherwise the only signs of aging they should show having lost their immortality, is now vulnerability to the elements, and illnesses.

All which leaves Malfurion looking quite young, plus he was asleep for over half the time anyway, so his body really must be only a few thousands years younger than the others.

but yeah, you could say their looks have faded if not necessarily their youthfulness, it's not like either of them care of their appearances, altho Tyrande might prefer they did a bit. She and her two boys.

hmm. but she's married to one now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    We saw enough to see he was a raving lunatic shouting about how he 'defeated arthas' and had clearly snapped. Without a single hint of him going on the offensive against the Legion rather than just barricating his hiding place from KJ.
    i remember that, wasn't the explanation that he was giddy on the new power? don't forget it takes some adjusting, and Illlidan always adjusts after momentary lapses of control after a demonic ritual. And yes he does come off as a tad insane, but now we chalk it to the inner demon he's wrestling with and all that power.

he's quite a cool head when we meet him in Illidan the novel - and you have to bear in mind, until that book we haven't really been inside Illidan's head, TBC is everyone else's view on him, and his actions have no real context to them as far as understanding what's really going on with him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    The retcons are shit. They completely disavow the narrative of not just Warcraft 3(which has been punished enough by shitty WoW story telling), but now Burning Crusade isn't even canon when it comes to Illidan. All for a supplementary lore product that you never get to experience in the actual game. What's the point in even knowing the narrative if they're just gonna change it every six months? It's bupkis.
    Illidan in Legion doesn't conflict with Warcraft 3 Illidan at all. And TBC in terms of story was a shitshow that is best burned and forgotten. With Chronicles, new lore and comics, books and legion narrative, a new straightened out story is born. I think even the inanity of "Stormrage" book concerning Maiev was forgotten and foregone. Just like Med'an.

Seemed like the Illidan one was lacking compared to the other two. Felt more like another ad for demon hunters than an actual story segment.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it shouldn't have though, they are both immortal, Malfurion until recently, he doesn't even have a wrinkle when you look at his face, and Illidan's hard cast is probably due to the fel struggle.

we find out from Chronicles that night elves are virtually immortal anyway at base, but still age, just very very slowly, add to that, for 10k years the Hyjal group got real immortality, so they froze without aging a single bit, till recently, in other words, it should be a very very long time before we notice their aging from appearance unless losing the immortality causes the last 10k years to catch up, -- otherwise the only signs of aging they should show having lost their immortality, is now vulnerability to the elements, and illnesses.

All which leaves Malfurion looking quite young, plus he was asleep for over half the time anyway, so his body really must be only a few thousands years younger than the others.

but yeah, you could say their looks have faded if not necessarily their youthfulness, it's not like either of them care of their appearances, altho Tyrande might prefer they did a bit. She and her two boys.

hmm. but she's married to one now.

- - - Updated - - -

i remember that, wasn't the explanation that he was giddy on the new power? don't forget it takes some adjusting, and Illlidan always adjusts after momentary lapses of control after a demonic ritual. And yes he does come off as a tad insane, but now we chalk it to the inner demon he's wrestling with and all that power.

he's quite a cool head when we meet him in Illidan the novel - and you have to bear in mind, until that book we haven't really been inside Illidan's head, TBC is everyone else's view on him, and his actions have no real context to them as far as understanding what's really going on with him there.
    Yeah but he was asleep in the Emerald Dream, battling... I'd say he's under a lot of stress. That can wear someone out!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say this about Illidan so far, he's coming off as a proper anti-hero. He's no goodie good guy, and doesn't fall into garrosh school of thinking either, he only really cares about this own agenda and thats fine to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    you call this ugly?

I could cut myself slapping that face

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The ship has sailed.

#FuckTyrande2016
    #Korvas2016
    Illidan is still constantly thinking about Tyrande. Even when he legit dies at the end of Black Temple, we learn from Xe'ra that his last thought is about Tyrande.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Harbingers animation for Illidan was really stupid. It was not about Illidan at all. And we learned literally nothing new.

At best it should have been Kor'vas' animation. Even the DHs aren't explained other than "hurr we sacrifice everything."

Also the "You are prepared" was one of the cringiest things Blizzard has ever written. Which is impressive.

Everything about the animation was great. Except the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Also the Harbingers animation for Illidan was really stupid. It was not about Illidan at all. And we learned literally nothing new.

At best it should have been Kor'vas' animation. Even the DHs aren't explained other than "hurr we sacrifice everything."

Also the "You are prepared" was one of the cringiest things Blizzard has ever written. Which is impressive.

Everything about the animation was great. Except the story.
    Yeah you are right SIGH

You know what would have made this video great, if after the "you are prepared" they showed us a glimpse of the future like Anduin's comic just to see how Illidan would look like, maybe not completely show him but hidden in the shadows