Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    OK i have no further comments for you, after reading this, have a nice day.
    I am sorry if I insulted or hurt you, but I just think your view on the subject is wrong and I gave my thoughts as polite as possible. It would have been nice though if you had read the whole comment I posted instead of just bailing out.

Yeah there is a BIG difference, players would not be profiting from it.
    Other players profiting from it is part of it, this is also one of the ways guilds use to make gold to help them with progression. Why do you not like the concept of boosters profiting from it though?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by leml30 View Post
    People who are returning players, late to the party, or don't have a stable enough schedule to raid in a guild don't try to form or join raid groups anymore, they just buy carries. And obviously the guilds that sell carries never recruit.

So there is a situation now where you either no-life the game, or you buy gold and then buy a carry. And there is little room for anything in between. It's like a plague that spread. Over the course of MoP and WoD all of the LFG and LFM in trade chat was slowly replaced with carry selling. And now you can log in to any populated realm and see at least 7 or 8 guilds spamming carry sells, and thats it. It's very rare to see anyone ever forming a group for the said raids.

The people who sell carries have literally destroyed the game out of pure greed. Apparently they were unable to see that the warm feeling they had on their leg was their own piss.

I would say that Blizzard needs to do something about it but its really too late. They should have made it against the rules when it started, now its too widespread.
    Why would Blizz do something about this? They created the situation with the dumbing down of the game to the point that it is nothing more than a gear chase anymore. They are a business that is all about profits...they will only care when activities affect the profits (e.g. too many bots scare away subscribers, so they'll clobber them). Gold selling was illegal until they figured out a way to do themselves by, at the end of the day, creating a $20/mo subscription model as part of the process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    I am sorry if I insulted or hurt you, but I just think your view on the subject is wrong and I gave my thoughts as polite as possible.
    Oh no, not by any means, you were absolutely polite, it is just that if you think there is nothing to win, then we have nothing to discuss, about the topic at hand, but no way i was insulted or hurt at all.

Deleted
    Yes, thats one reason I want Legacy Servers, because this X-Realm shit is fucking terrible. It doesn't matter anymore on what Server you play, you don't even know the good Guilds on your Server anymore and Guilds do mean shit, when you can just invite Randoms to fill up your Raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prelux View Post
    Other players profiting from it is part of it, this is also one of the ways guilds use to make gold to help them with progression. Why do you not like the concept of boosters profiting from it though?
    Because for me they are promoting P2W in the game, something i am totally against, i do not care if the P2W is provided by the game company or by other players, i still do not like it at all, yeah i know it has been there since vanilla, but that does not make it right to me.

Because for me they are promoting P2W in the game, something i am totally against, i do not care if the P2W is provided by the game company or by other players, i still do not like it at all, yeah i know it has been there since vanilla, but that does not make it right to me.
    According to what you're saying, the people to be blamed here are the people who sell gold for real life money, this includes blizzard. I still do not agree with you and do not think that boosting with in game gold is a problem, but understand what you're trying to say to a certain extent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Yes, thats one reason I want Legacy Servers, because this X-Realm shit is fucking terrible. It doesn't matter anymore on what Server you play, you don't even know the good Guilds on your Server anymore and Guilds do mean shit, when you can just invite Randoms to fill up your Raid.
    I hope you know that you can't trade gold to different realms so you can't buy boosts from another server unless you have gold on the seller's realm too. You can still raid with people on other realms though.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    No, he is not delusional, although carries were called GDKP, noticed that type was more popular in bc/wotlk,bid with your gold on item drops, rather than flat rates.
    He is and so are you. Even if it was just for the system change of allowing you to enter unlimited hc ids the scale simply isn't comparable. All your gdkp clownraids amounted not even to a fraction of customers you have now on a weekly. Nobody claims carries didn't exist at all but the market back in those times was a joke in comparison to what you have now and it started in mop.
    I would consider it paying (with real money) to get the best gear for your character through the game store.
    Don't see much of a difference except the developer having more direct profit but well everyone is free to have their opinion I suppose.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-08-05 at 11:54 AM.

Pretty sure it's other way around. This is a thing that saves game from dying horrible death.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    While small, I remember people selling MC, BWL and ZG runs literally all the time.

People sold runs in TBC as well, although it was just as limited as vanilla. However, the big sale in TBC was selling ZA bears and tons were sold.

It just became more common in WoTLK+ because achievements were a thing, meta mounts became a thing, and end of tier 100% mounts started dropping.

It really doesn't matter what you do, people are going to buy boosted services whether it's arena, dungeon or raid based. The last thing Blizzard would want to do is keep those end tier mounts at a high drop chance when a new expansion rolls over. Why? For one it does remove some prestige to the item, but mostly, it gives people another carrot on a stick to go back and farm if they didn't decide to shell out gold or be part of a raiding guild to obtain before the drop chance was nerfed.

All of those achievements they added were carefully crafted to give people something to collect, and it's really genius of them TBH. First you collected points, then you collected mounts. Now you can collect toys and most recently transmog. What does this do? It keeps people running old shit. Keeping that mount from WoD or earlier expansions a 100% drop gives people who play the game to collect less things to do.

Not easy, but IMO the right way of stopping it, is either banning everyone involved (buyers and sellers) or fukin embrace it openly, put an NPC that sells the chance of getting the gear (same chance as if you had actually downed the boss), and problem solved, at least that way we would know what the game is about.
    Yeah if they put the NPC i am leaving, but turning a blind eye on P2W it is a level of hypocrisy i do not like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Then you don't understand the difference. Can't really progress in the discussion without that.
    peoples never do those run for gear but only for mounts or achie, and in early wotlk had blown out of proportion when they announced the naxx meta proto drake removal, followed by mimiron head lowered drop chance and finally LK invincible and so on till today.

All those removal were justified by Blizzard with the concept of rewarding peoples who put effort into raiding at top level, this whole "selling carry" completely negated this concept so the easiest solution is to stop removing those thing completely negating the core point of the business.

I'm skeptical that blizzard will do anything because from one side this is an unexpected gold dumping method and on the other side blizzard will never do something to hurt it's favorite mythic raiders and streamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Don't see much of a difference except the developer having more direct profit but well everyone is free to have their opinion I suppose.
    There is a limit on the amount of WoW tokens you can buy I believe. This still doesn't make it pay to win since blizzard doesn't offer the boosting service themselves.

Really shocked to see so many people that are accepting of the whole "carry" system that the OP is complaining about. I've played since early BC and have never seen as many carry-sellers as I have in today's WoW and I agree with the OP in that its quite disgusting. Call it what you want.

On the flip side, who are these people that actually buy this garbage? Why play a game that you don't have the skill level to "beat" the game but then turnaround and pay in-game gold to buy the rewards it offers? Smh.

Also the term "carry" severely turns me off from even considering buying something like that. I pull my own weight.

There is a limit on the amount of WoW tokens you can buy I believe. This still doesn't make it pay to win since blizzard doesn't offer the boosting service themselves.
    Again feel free to have your opinion. If p2w ever only becomes a term for you when things are officially offered in a store that's your prerogative. To me it is perfectly covered with paying for something you couldn't get otherwise and who exactly receives what margin of the profit in that transaction doesn't really concern me and with a 36 token per bnet account and no limit on the amount of bnet accounts I think blizzard also gets at least a piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Really shocked to see so many people that are accepting of the whole "carry" system that the OP is complaining about.
    Can't say I am when even cheats and bots have become acceptable.

Really shocked to see so many people that are accepting of the whole "carry" system that the OP is complaining about. I've played since early BC and have never seen as many carry-sellers as I have in today's WoW and I agree with the OP in that its quite disgusting. Call it what you want.

On the flip side, who are these people that actually buy this garbage? Why play a game that you don't have the skill level to "beat" the game but then turnaround and pay in-game gold to buy the rewards it offers? Smh.

Also the term "carry" severely turns me off from even considering buying something like that. I pull my own weight.
    One of my guildmates back in the day, and I'm talking way back had such a busy schedule that he unfortunately couldn't make any of our raid nights. Luckily for him however that another guild we trusted would every so often do an extra night of raiding and folks could buy a spot with gold.

Paying a guild for their time which is the most valuable thing we have isn't such a bad thing.
    My guildmate was a Surgeon.. SAVING LIVES took up most of his time.. don't see a problem with that either, nothing to do with skill, he main healed
    This was in Everquest. So...this type of in game service has been around.

This being so worried about what everyone else is doing really needs to stop. Doubt it ever will.

I mean, in classic we had a guy pay our alternating grand marshals 2.5k gold each to let him r1, and that was a pretty significant sum by anyone's standard at the time. My guild sold carries to specific bosses. We even took groups of 5-10 or more to our 40s because it'd become so mechanical we could clear MC, BWL, and most of AQ with half of a raid.

has i say before peoples who do it are after the "guarantee" rewards that will be surely removed in the future, say the title and the mounts especially the last is now 100% drop chance and are going to become 1%. They absolutely don't care about the prestige, if blizzard put a vendor that sell Archimonde mount for 150k in game you will see peoples buying carry drop by probably 99.9999%.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Deam View Post
    This being so worried about what everyone else is doing really needs to stop. Doubt it ever will.
    That's a problem for which I doubt we'll ever see a resolution.

- - - Updated - - -

Then it's not for you.

The problem I have is the fact that the best rewards can be bought rather than earned, imo challenge mode should have been a solo thing. Then again account sharing would just run rampant..

For whatever reason people think pixels are the reward, not the effort part.

/shrug
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Lol, lots of salty people in this thread who either sell boosts or have bought them, apparently.

I agree that it has taken over. When I look in the Group Finder, I see a LOT of ads for boosts. Like, 1/3.

The most horrifying thing I've seen recently was an ad that said "Selling TLPD for 500k. We got him cornered with 4 people, be quick". That's an example for shit that really goes too far. TLPD is all about the experience of camping it yourself, maybe fighting someone else for it on a PVP server. It's not about a group of dudes keeping everyone else from getting it, so that they can sell the kill for 500k. Call me old-fashioned, but that's not the kind of game I wanna play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Agree, now take this argument over to the MoP CM thread.
    Haven't been keeping up to date with that thread ^^. People have a problem with the recolours?