Deleted

Question Will I make it in time?

Hello,

I came back to WoW after a while and I decided that I'll try finishing up the legendary ring questline. At the moment I acquired Blackhand's Hand and I have 2/3 Elemental Tablets. I'm missing 129 Elemental Runes to get the 3rd one to complete 3rd chapter of Khadgar's questline.

My question is: Will I make it in time before Legion hits? I'm doing the weekly quest where you get 75 runes for 20k Apexis Crystals and I also do LFR Blackrock Foundry. Can I get additional runes by doing normal/heroic/mythic versions?

Or should I give up on this overall?

Give up as you can not do the rest of the quests. They were removed when the pre-patch hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    Give up as you can not do the rest of the quests. They were removed when the pre-patch hit.
    I don't believe this is correct. If you have already started the chain, you can continue the chain. You just can't start from scratch.

I'll let someone else comment on the possibility of completing it 3 more lockouts. My gut tells me not. It takes 2-3 lockouts just to get the 33 tomes for the final stage.

He started before prepatch so he can since they are there(I just got my last ring on my last alt yesterday).

On topic, if you haven't done it this week or will at least get it by end of week(Spam your garrison's res production stuff it gives them sometimes, and do ship/garrison missions)... I think it might be possible. You need extreme good luck with tome drops and a few blood elf crews on shipyard. Then it might be doable, otherwise sorry but it might not be achieveable.

If the last tome is next week then most likely no, but not impossible without good luck.

Took me three weeks for the 33 tomes but my friend got them in 2 weeks.

They fully get removed on the 30th.
    Last edited by Nozari; 2016-08-05 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooja View Post
    I don't believe this is correct. If you have already started the chain, you can continue the chain. You just can't start from scratch.

I'll let someone else comment on the possibility of completing it 3 more lockouts. My gut tells me not. It takes 2-3 lockouts just to get the 33 tomes for the final stage.
    What this guy said,

A blue post said if you hadn't reached a specific stage, you couldn't start it and it would be removed from your quest log if you were at that point. If you have it, it should still be doable. Furthermore, I can see them adding next week or the week after a speed up mechanism for players. Like they did in MoP

I would give up just because it's not worth the effort. The ring is only worth using in raids and it won't work at 110. Just focus on getting as much gear as you can
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Kooja View Post
    I just did my 3rd week of HFC and I'm at 26/33 for the last quest. I don't believe you will get it done in time OP.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can only get runes from each boss the first time you kill it in the week. If you have already killed it in LFR you won't be elligible for the legendary drops in n/h/m.

You can get runes from shipyards and follower missions as well as from work orders in your garrison.

At this point I think you need to finish this part of the quest this week so that you can start gathering tomes from HFC this week before the raid locks reset. This will give you 4 weeks of HFC to get them. You need 33 tomes, and there are 13 bosses which can drop them. In the past tomes were not guaranteed drops from bosses in HFC, but were high percentage drops. That may have changed with the patch (to now be guaranteed), but I can't say this with certainty.

Also don't kill any HFC bosses before you are on the tome quest because I believe that will invalidate the boss for a chance at tomes this week.

If you can finish up your tablets and after that get in a few HFC bosses this week, then I believe you should be able to finish up the legendary before Legion hits. If you don't get any tomes this week though I think it's going to be very tough (unless tomes are now guaranteed).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And to get the tomes for 3 weeks time you have to be lucky. I already spent 3 weeks on them and I am on 21 so I guess i will finish in the last week possible.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I would give up just because it's not worth the effort. The ring is only worth using in raids and it won't work at 110. Just focus on getting as much gear as you can
    I guess that depends on what is more important to him, completing the achievements and getting a keepsake, or a small difference in gear power while levelling up. Personally, I would say he should focus on the ring since all gear, ring included, will be pretty much useless for actual progress in a few weeks. Having the ring is at least a feather in his cap.

Deleted
    If I am not mistaken there are 13 bosses in HFC so you'd need at least 3 weeks to get the Tomes and they don't drop all the time, though I feel like they dropped a lot more often than before the patch. Could also be I was unlucky the first time.

Deleted
    Give up... there are very bad players who passively will outplay you just by max ring, set and trinkets. By like 500%

Pre-patch only removed the ability to start.
    It did not affect the ability to progress it.
    That comes with legion release, removal of the quests and quest items.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

If you don't get the BRF part done this week then you won't make it in time.

For me the fastest I got the tomes done was in 4 complete clears. That was on my main.
    On my first alt it took 5 complete clears and on my second alt it took 7 complete clears .

Currently working on my latest alt and still need 25 tomes and seriously doubt I will make it in time .

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I guess that depends on what is more important to him, completing the achievements and getting a keepsake, or a small difference in gear power while levelling up. Personally, I would say he should focus on the ring since all gear, ring included, will be pretty much useless for actual progress in a few weeks. Having the ring is at least a feather in his cap.
    Sure I suppose so but I didn't expect anyone who took 2 years off to care about something like that.
    It's just not worth wasting time with lfr at this point imo. Would make a returning player cringe if you ask me
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I've been doing the quest for about 5 months and still don't have enough tomes...jk i'm just lazy. But if I had to guess, i'd say in 3 lockouts it's not exactly possible to get the rest of the runes for the tablet, do the next part, then get 33 tomes.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

As long as you had done the dungeon part of the ring quest line you can continue. While finishing at this point if you are the OP is highly unlikely it can still be done with some apexis help and really good rng in HFC.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."