Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Probably both kill themselves, though they both would own Garrosh without poison xD

At the end of the day, I tend to think that the size, strength and reach advantage that Cairne would have had would have been too much to overcome.

Of course as a fictional battle, it pretty much just goes the way the author wants it...

Nice guys, keep the opinions comming!

Grom got captured by footmen. Cairne got rekt by centaurs.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Varian got smacked in the face with a trident, Jaina got shot, Sylvanas got shot, Garrosh almost died to Quillboar, Tyrande got pwnt by orc archers etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Wasn't Grom a Blademaster in Warcraft 3?
    Yeah. He was a grunt in Warcraft II though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Varian got smacked in the face with a trident, Jaina got shot, Sylvanas got shot, Garrosh almost died to Quillboar, Tyrande got pwnt by orc archers etc.
    You guys are severely underestimating Footmen,Centaurs,a trident,a bullet,another bullet,Quillboars ,Orc archers etc.

Just curious what is the weapon of choice of Cairne? An axe or, I don't know how to call it, a hand-tree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matius View Post
    Just curious what is the weapon of choice of Cairne? An axe or, I don't know how to call it, a hand-tree?
    Wouldnt that be his runespear? A halberd maybe its called?
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    When Cairne fight Garrosh he have the advantage, sure, but i think its because Garry gets surprised how Cairne so old could fight like that, with Garry experience , could wait until he fatigued, thats the logic when you fight against big opponents, and Garry fight against ogres and groms all his life too

And since Grom was way better than Garrosh, Cairne could not win even on this prime, Grom was such a monster on the battlefield, and i think the only one who could match him was broxxigar

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh almost died to Quillboar
    hahaha what is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    With both Cairne and Grom in their prime, I'd give the edge to Cairne if only barely - it would be a hell of a fight and no one would emerge unscathed. Tauren are several orders of magnitude stronger than Orcs, and Cairne in specific is both experienced and intelligent. Given how one-sided the match between Garrosh and an elderly Cairne prior to his poisoning I'd throw it in favor of Cairne, but I think Grom would give him a greater challenge than Garrosh would have unaided.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    hahaha what is this?
    Garrosh got Ambushed by Quillboar and was Saved by Baine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    With both Cairne and Grom in their prime, I'd give the edge to Cairne if only barely - it would be a hell of a fight and no one would emerge unscathed. Tauren are several orders of magnitude stronger than Orcs, and Cairne in specific is both experienced and intelligent. Given how one-sided the match between Garrosh and an elderly Cairne prior to his poisoning I'd throw it in favor of Cairne, but I think Grom would give him a greater challenge than Garrosh would have unaided.
    Caine in the Fight said to Garrosh " you are not like your Father"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha what is this?
    Garrosh got swarmed by hundreds of Quillboar in one of the Short stories (I think it was a short story)
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

This would be a close fight. Cairne has the greater skill for sure. He'll whittle down his enemy to nothing.

Grommash has the will to keep fighting and has the strength to deliver a fatal blow to the greatest of pit lords. On two occasions. He also once screamed a man to death.

Going to have to give this one to Grom. He can probably overwhelm Cairne and deliver a killing blow quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    While playing the Warcraft RTS games I always liked playing Orc because of the Tauren troops, they were kind of the juggernauts and much stronger than the normal Orcs so for me I think Cairne would definitely beat Grom.

Our universe Grom wasn't as much of a beefcake as the other Orcs so strength is not something he'd rely on completely, furthermore it's not like he killed Cenarius in a one on one fight even if people like to claim so.

Even with demon blood I think Cairne would win.

10+ Year Old Account
    furthermore it's not like he killed Cenarius in a one on one fight even if people like to claim so.
    But he did kill Mannoroth, Cairne would have to completely rely on dodging, he wouldnt be able to block Gorehowl, Grom was an expert at figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of the people he fought mid-battle.
    Holy shit lol

But he did kill Mannoroth, Cairne would have to completely rely on dodging, he wouldnt be able to block Gorehowl, Grom was an expert at figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of the people he fought mid-battle.
    In his fight against Garrosh he took Gorehowl to the chest and brushed it off like it was nothing and that was when he was really old

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Funny how the relevance of this comment in regards of the discussed confrontation is pretty much about "there's no Night Elves involved so I don't give a shit".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    In his fight against Garrosh he took Gorehowl to the chest and brushed it off like it was nothing and that was when he was really old
    If he took it to the chest he would have died he dodged and was cut.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Cairne would win. Garrosh is bigger, stronger and wiser than his dad and he did struggle in a fight. Of course he would win without even a need of poison but still. I bet me sack on Cairne.