Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    I think it is great that they listen to feedback and concerns, and that if they find legitimacy in it that they change their approach to the "problem". People seriously thinking they did tweak it around and revert some of the change because _only whining_ are a wee bit delusional. Imo.

This is not caving to the cry babies (they probably only roll their eyes at these one), this is listening to constructive feedback, realizing there are some valid points that are brought up and that the change even were HARMFUL to some of their players. A serious and responsible developer won't give these players the finger just [because]. No, they would, as Blizz done here, try to find a solution that works for both parts - if this means reverting some of the changes then so be it.
    ^^ took the words out of my mouth. I for one am stoked about these changes because the new zoom (even with a max slider) triggered my vertigo at times and gave me splitting headaches, made me feel like everything was spinning, and easily cut my ability to play in half (in regards to how long I could sit and play without needing to stop). I just wanted to be able to zoom out another 15-20 yards and hopefully this will be right on the money. I've used the console command since I can remember but I rarely played with it fully extended.

I guess bringing up these concerns in the forums because I want to be able to play Legion for more than 3-4 hours at a time, and expansion that I feel is going to be the best one since WotLK and BC after playing in the beta, was me whining though. El oh well! /whiner /crybaby
    Druid Armory: Furlesque - STK

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    This kind of comment really annoys me. They're not telling us how to play the game. They're giving us more flexibility to choose for ourselves. It was LIMITING the zoom which was a case of them telling us how we are supposed to enjoy the game. This is the OPPOSITE. They are GIVING us a greater choice of zooms again.

Sometimes I wonder if you people just love to argue about anything for the sake of arguing. I bet you're a fun person to bring to a party. "Hey, Eggroll, have some cake?" "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"
    Yes, they are giving something back, but it comes off as being "well, ok, I guess we need to do something here" rather than a "ok, we were wrong, here it is back." They say at the end there that they would rather be able to fix other aspects, but they can't, so this is a band-aid. Only because of the physical discomfort some people feel. It has nothing to do with any other reason. If it wasn't because of the discomfort part, they wouldn't be doing this. To me, that says they don't care about the other reasons people have for zooming the camera out farther.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Yeah, try again. Nothing has been plucked apart
    Haha, try a different song, I've heard it all before. Your arguments are the same old kool-aid inspired tripe, completely ignoring FACTS such as that the world feels small if it IS small. It feels trivial if it IS trivial, which has been true once we reach max level since the dawn of time not due to flying, but due to power creep and outleveling mobs. We've gotten zones and world content that didn't feel small or trivial despite flying just fine before (Krasarang during 5.1 for example), and no flying didn't make Draenor feel any less small or trivial.

Go play an mmorpg which didn't have flying for most of its lifetime if it bothers you so damned much. Blizzard listened to the constructive feedback they got, and COMPROMISED. Like adults do. Now we'll have flying in mainland expansion zones once the content is purely outdated, and those of us that love flying in a FANTASY world, can have our fill.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-05 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    So crybabies won again. I don't like this change at all since I can't stand playing with camera maxed out. Very stupid change and it's not how WoW should be played.
    That does not prevent YOU from playing how you feel it should be played. You can zoom back to max allowed default, hell, you can even play first person view if you wish. Seems more like you're frustrated that they have achieved their goal and you cannot bash them for how they struggle to adjust to more strict rules, some of them because of health issues, while you sit back and laugh at them .
    Last edited by solshine2510; 2016-08-05 at 01:45 PM.

So which console command is working after the fix?

Its very clear in the response from blizzard the camera changes that are coming are for the players who now get sick due to the camera and graphics changes in legion. Its also very clear they will change this again in the future once they have addressed the underlying issues causing health problems. In the post it says they are reapplying the bandaid while they work on the underlying reasons.

Deleted
    Still not even as far back as the old Interface-Option.

But then again. Better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    zoom reduction? lol. You were playing out of the game designed zoom.
    yeah. but not that it was in the game for 12 fucking years. Hell that's the only design i know since the game launched. Since the moment you step in to raiding, first thing you saw was that command line.

What is confusing is that they are not putting this in the default options.
    My current pet theory is that they aren't adding it to the slider so they can continue to justify it as a "hidden option" when they try to remove it again in another patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Liutasil View Post
    So which console command is working after the fix?
    This
    Code:
    /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.6
    works only on BETA ATM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    This
    Code:
    /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.6
    works only on BETA ATM.
    Thx! I will try it when I'm home.

This is a joke
    What they should do is to admit that they were wrong on that matter and unlock all the zoom out that console command provided to the sliders.
    Another thing...
    What is with all the ppl writing "wow is not rts", what is their problem? That is not an argument to begin with along with "fairness" bullshit blizz came up when explaining the reasons they removed console command. Using the same logic blizzard should ban 90% of addons. Not mentioning that all those ppl making that claims i was able to talk with, said they never had to struggle with limited view mythic raids where it was a key factor (for example being a tank on tall boss like archi).... yet those ppl were the loudest to flame those who were against that obviously BAD decision. WTF?

Blizzard also tried to explain their decision on that matter with them wanting addons , scripts and console commands to have less impact on the game ... or something similiar (cant be arsed to look up for exact quote). And the result ? maxcam addon LOL and other addons...
    So many ppl wrote in threads related to this on bn forums that result will be quite opposite... that ppl will rely more on addons than their own sight if u make that kind of restrictions.
    FFS we told u so
    Last edited by mojrer; 2016-08-05 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    yeah. but not that it was in the game for 12 fucking years. Hell that's the only design i know since the game launched. Since the moment you step in to raiding, first thing you saw was that command line.
    i used the command since first day of wow lol. i love it, but i cant pretend to play like that if they dont want to. I get used to the max slider bar in prepatch, and im ok.

Well, now we have half more so nice to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojrer View Post
    This is a joke
    What they should do is to admit that they were wrong on that matter and unlock all the zoom out that console command provided to the sliders.
    Anotgher thing...
    What is with all the ppl writing "wow is not rts", what is their problem? That is not an argument to begin with along with "fairness" bullshit blizz came up when explaining the reasons they removed console command. Using the same logic blizzard should ban 90% of addons. Not mentioning that all those ppl making that claims i was able to talk with, said they never had to struggle with limited view mythic raids where it was a key factor (for example being a tank on tall boss like archi).... yet those ppl were the loudest to flame those who were against that obviously BAD decision. WTF?

Blizzard also thried to explain their decision on that matter with them wanting addons , scripts and console commands to have less impact on the game ... or something similiar (cant be arsed to look up for exact quote). And the result ? maxcam addon LOL and other addons...
    So many ppl wrote in threads related to this on bn forums that result will be quite opposite... that ppl will rely more on addons than their own sight if u make that kind of restrictions.
    FFS we told u so
    dont hold on archimonde bro, maybe they dont do bosses like that now that camera is closer... archimonde is old now.

Not certain how to interpret the Rising Sun Kick modification, the phrasing "before using Serenity" is peculiar to me. I would assume it means outside of Serenity, the CD has been reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    i used the command since first day of wow lol. i love it, but i cant pretend to play like that if they dont want to. I get used to the max slider bar in prepatch, and im ok.

Well, now we have half more so nice to read.

- - - Updated - - -

dont hold on archimonde bro, maybe they dont do bosses like that now that camera is closer... archimonde is old now.
    So...they will resize Ysera in emerald dream raid? I wouldnt be counting for it
    i can bet on it that there will be encounters that will punish mele classes regardless on how tall boss will be
    and the camera distance would be perfect to counter disadvantage and yet, the ppl have will use addons to show them where to stand, move or what to do instead of their own sight... that is sick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and they were not wrong - mythic raiders had unfair advantage with bigger field of vision and the moment they lost that advantage they whined like little bitches that they will have to play the same way as those lfr scrubs - this is one of very many things that should be remoed from game toghether with addons like exorsus raid tools, dbm , logs etc etc in order to make game better for majority - but blizzard emplyes seems retard-fixed on catering to 1 % of nolifers - legion will be as shitty as wod if they dont change this attitude.
    Haha so fking delusional. Why don't u go back to farming mounts and doing pet battles? Addons only enhance your gameplay they don't move your character for you. IDK how can you even discuss this matter considering u haven't cleared HFC on heroic. And now when all that disadvantage which was the only reason u didn't win race for the world first is gone, LFR heroes, mount collectors, and Pokemon trainers can finally win the world race!!

So...they will resize Ysera in emerald dream raid? I wouldnt be counting for it
    i can bet on it that there will be encounters that will punish mele classes regardless on how tall boss will be
    and the camera distance would be perfect to counter disadvantage and yet, the ppl have will use addons to show them where to stand, move or what to do instead of their own sight... that is sick.
    what a drama man, not that big deal.

This is a joke
    Agree. But at least now me and other people suffering from nausea and headaches will be able to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I'd be VERY curious to know if the addon author works for Blizzard and this was merely a test. Would still be cool.

Also jokes on the person who thought it would earn people bans.

I didn't know they made a step on what they can hotfix. Some day ago, they gave a spell to more spec, changed completly a talent and now they changed an icon, all without a client patch that I know of.