What I got from the DH Q&A

Is that Bliz basically dumb downed DH's on purpose and after doing the big class prune decided less is more with the thinking they'd rather add something to them later(perhaps the next exp?) than have to take anything away from them and have people complain. Also their view towards Veng tankiness seemed kind of.. idk, like they don't really care or are waiting for feedback to get to them from China via boat or something? I was left kind of disappointed with Bliz's view of the class from that Q&A and DH is the main reason I decided to come back to wow. What were other people's takes on the Q&A that was posted today?
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2016-08-04 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Is that Bliz basically dumb downed DH's on purpose and after doing the big class prune decided less is more with the thinking they'd rather add something to them later(perhaps the next exp?) than have to take anything away from them and have people complain. Also their view towards Veng tankiness seemed kind of.. idk, like they don't really care or are waiting for feedback to get to them from China via boat or something. I was left kind of disappointed with Bliz's view of the class from that Q&A and DH is the main reason I decided to come back to wow. What were other people's takes on the Q&A that was posted today?
    Blizzard have revealed more about designing the DH than they normally do with their class design. Why? I'm not sure, but I would go with your gut on this. They already said they made talents under preform on purpose but came with easier playing methods for your more casual gamer. Don't agree with it personally but its pretty obvious demon hunter is a cash grab to try and get more gamers to try out WoW.

Imagine whatever you want... doesn't make it true.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-08-04 at 07:58 PM.

Next expansion we will have 3 skills, Attack(Heal), Interrupt(Dispell), Movement speed boost

Be rdy to have fun rocking with the immersion, that is real with those skills....

Deleted
    Yeah they will have to revamp the classes again next expansion if they plan on removing Artifact Weapons at the end of this one. So DH will get a lot of tweaking like the rest of the classes.

The only thing really learned in that Q&A was that the interviewers don't know how to ask anything but softball questions and things that have been already asked and answered in other interviews. They had a chance to put Blizzards on the spot about addressing the major Fel Rush bug, that's also crippling Monks, and maybe get it fixed by launch, and instead basically spent the entire interview going back over all the same stuff covered in the official Q&A last Thursday (which this site also covered). Pretty disappointed, overall.

You guys realize that before Blizz(or any company really) agrees to an interview, they screen the questions that can and can't be asked?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    Yeah they will have to revamp the classes again next expansion if they plan on removing Artifact Weapons at the end of this one. So DH will get a lot of tweaking like the rest of the classes.
    Or they could, you know, just bake the abilities and traits into the base spec just like with wod perks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Or they could, you know, just bake the abilities and traits into the base spec just like with wod perks.
    I do not know what you are refering to, but I lost all of my perks from WoD and some of them were nerft and added to the Talent System barely recognizable.

The people that expect these Q&As to be hard hitting affairs just because they are unhappy with the state of the game are hilarious. You assume that everyone else shares your belief that the class is poorly designed.
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    I do not know what you are refering to, but I lost all of my perks from WoD and some of them were nerft and added to the Talent System barely recognizable.
    A lot of the perks were baked in to most classes, but they did redesign all the classes so some of the perks were obviously removed. My point still stands that it makes a lot more sense that blizz will bake in artifact traits rather than redesigning the classes again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    The people that expect these Q&As to be hard hitting affairs just because they are unhappy with the state of the game are hilarious. You assume that everyone else shares your belief that the class is poorly designed.
    My sentiments exactly, I quite enjoy DH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    A lot of the perks were baked in to most classes, but they did redesign all the classes so some of the perks were obviously removed. My point still stands that it makes a lot more sense that blizz will bake in artifact traits rather than redesigning the classes again
    Ok, I did not mean to imply their would be such a harsh revamp like they did going into Legion. But changes would be made to cover the loss of the artifact weapon, I think we are on the same page on this but just got our wires crossed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Next expansion we will have 3 skills, Attack(Heal), Interrupt(Dispell), Movement speed boost

Be rdy to have fun rocking with the immersion, that is real with those skills....
    I assume you and everyone else who keeps whining about the pruning is a cutting edge mythic raider that performed within Top 100 in your class and is now worried that the skill ceiling of the game is too low ?

Also, that's a great suggestion for next expansion, will make the game a lot more like Vanilla for a lot of specs, nostalgia for all ! Yay !

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post

You are making three pretty powerfully stupid assumptions with your post.

1. No one said they absolutely had to be hard hitting affairs, the criticism was that absolutely nothing new or challenging was asked at all... The posted interview may as well not even have happened in favor of just reposting the Q&A that Blizzard did on their own from last Thursday (mere days before this interview), which was already also posted on the site.

2. You assume people are unhappy with the state of the game, simply because they either disliked a single vapid and pointless interview, or wish to see a fairly substantial bug acknowledged or fixed.

3. You somehow assume that pointing out a single bug during a beta process equates to totally declaring the class to be poorly designed.... I can't even begin to understand this thought process, but for the record, I'm actually planning on maining the class, and I spent quite a significant portion of my Beta time play testing it, because I do find the class fun overall, even if there are still issues (as there tends to be even for the classes that are a decade+ old, let alone for a new class).

Where you seem to just get absolutely confused is the idea that a person can criticize an aspect of something, AND still be a fan of it as a whole... That a person doesn't have to always be a cheerleading sycophant for everything WoW related in order to be a fan of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    You are making three pretty powerfully stupid assumptions with your post.

1. No one said they absolutely had to be hard hitting affairs, the criticism was that absolutely nothing new or challenging was asked at all... The posted interview may as well not even have happened in favor of just reposting the Q&A that Blizzard did on their own from last Thursday (mere days before this interview), which was already also posted on the site.

2. You assume people are unhappy with the state of the game, simply because they either disliked a single vapid and pointless interview, or wish to see a fairly substantial bug acknowledged or fixed.

3. You somehow assume that pointing out a single bug during a beta process equates to totally declaring the class to be poorly designed.... I can't even begin to understand this thought process, but for the record, I'm actually planning on maining the class, and I spent quite a significant portion of my Beta time play testing it, because I do find the class fun overall, even if there are still issues (as there tends to be even for the classes that are a decade+ old, let alone for a new class).

Where you seem to just get absolutely confused is the idea that a person can criticize an aspect of something, AND still be a fan of it as a whole... That a person doesn't have to always be a cheerleading sycophant for everything WoW related in order to be a fan of the game.
    1) yes, several people in this thread said they expected "hard hitting questions" because they think the class is poorly designed.

Your post is completely wrong because of that one point.

The only person making powerfully stupid assumptions is you.

For someone that's asserting that I'm wrong you literally turned around and proved my point while being completely wrong about my post. Well done.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You guys realize that before Blizz(or any company really) agrees to an interview, they screen the questions that can and can't be asked?
    Yeah that is what sucks and also shows how stupid Blizz is because they answered that question already and yet do another interview to answer it again or answer the same question that was asked in a slightly different way.

That is why you put them on the spot at Blizz con and stuff, when the guy with the mic comes to you if he asks what your question is you come up with some BS then when he finally gives you the mic you instead ask them the question that hits them right in their family jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    I assume you and everyone else who keeps whining about the pruning is a cutting edge mythic raider that performed within Top 100 in your class and is now worried that the skill ceiling of the game is too low ?

Also, that's a great suggestion for next expansion, will make the game a lot more like Vanilla for a lot of specs, nostalgia for all ! Yay !
    Thank you for asking, when HFC hc was still in progress I was doing some top 5 parses amongs blood dk's, so dunno how it does translate into cutting egde?
    Did I raid too much mythic, no I did not, since my guild got destroyed few weeks into HFC, so in that sense, no, I am not.

Why am I unhappy with the prunning;
    Simple, I do not see any kind of intrest in playing an MMO with 4 rotational skills, you can count, all the CD's and stuff and ramp it up to like 15'ish, but still it is rly rly low amount. You have no room to improve at that point. That was what made WoW so nice during WotLK -> MoP (a bit at WoD too), that you could think how can I do a certain fight or a certain part of a fight more better.
    Now, that they have reduced the amount of skills there is little to no room for error, so you can't get better. It makes gameplay boring, not fun.

Will I adap to this, sure, to some extent, will I enjoy playing as much as I did before, no I will not.