Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    I'm down to Lapras, Farfetch'd, Mr Mime, and Khangiskhan.
    Since Lapras is the only one who hatches in the US, I guess I will go for a run >_>
    Leaving the country is MANDATORY to find all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    No, you have a small chance to get regional onlys from eggs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm down to Lapras, Farfetch'd, Mr Mime, and Khangiskhan.
    Since Lapras is the only one who hatches in the US, I guess I will go for a run >_>
    Tauros is exclusive to the US not lapras.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

15+ Year Old Account
    You can get them from eggs, and I never saw this from Niantic, but people are saying they're gonna rotate regional ones every so often.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I've found that I can go through 50 pokeballs on a single pokemon now. yaaaayyyyy
    excellent sparkling curve balls = meh

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Tauros is exclusive to the US not lapras.
    I think he meant that out of those three Lapras is the only one he can get in the US, not that he's US exclusive. Speaking of which, I have yet to even see that big beautiful beast on my radar yet alone get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    I think he meant that out of those three Lapras is the only one he can get in the US, not that he's US exclusive. Speaking of which, I have yet to even see that big beautiful beast on my radar yet alone get it...
    I hatched a Lapras from a 10K egg when I was trainer level 5 or 6. So lovely to have this potentially stupendously powerful pokemon sitting capped out at 280CP. DERP.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

No, you have a small chance to get regional onlys from eggs.
    No you can't. Check out the TheSilphRoad subreddit. There has not been a single legitimate continent-locked pokemon hatched from an egg that was acquired from a continent other than the one the particular pokemon is native to.

There were reports of some Europeans hatching Tauros from eggs acquired in Europe on the first day that the game was released, but that was a bug.

There was one person that traveled for business and acquired some eggs then hatched them when he returned home, but eggs are predetermined based on the location of the Pokestop. Although he was from North America, his hatched Kangashkhan came from eggs he acquired while in Brisbane.

Continent-locked Pokemon are completely locked. With that said, traveling, although mandatory *for now*, will not be the only way to get them. It's well known that Niantic is working on a trading system to be implemented "soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    No you can't. Check out the TheSilphRoad subreddit. There has not been a single legitimate continent-locked pokemon hatched from an egg that was acquired from a continent other than the one the particular pokemon is native to.

There were reports of some Europeans hatching Tauros from eggs acquired in Europe on the first day that the game was released, but that was a bug.

There was one person that traveled for business and acquired some eggs then hatched them when he returned home, but eggs are predetermined based on the location of the Pokestop. Although he was from North America, his hatched Kangashkhan came from eggs he acquired while in Brisbane.

Continent-locked Pokemon are completely locked. With that said, traveling, although mandatory *for now*, will not be the only way to get them. It's well known that Niantic is working on a trading system to be implemented "soon."
    So, GPS spoof to complete the pokedex?

15+ Year Old Account
    So, GPS spoof to complete the pokedex?
    lol seems about the only way right now just gotta be smart about it and you wont get caught
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

7 normal hit ultraballs, 3 nice ultraball hits, 5 great ultraball hits, rassberry on every one... and the 500 cp arcanine still runs away...

they have made it way too hard to catc shit... your best bet to get rares these days are just hatching...

worst part is EVERY SINGLE ONE was the 2 twitch.. so it was so ufcking stressful, meanwhile i was sitting out on the sidewalk, standing there for like 5 minutes well my friend waited

i think they wanted to make more money cause they knew removing the 3 steps would make player count plumit, so they made it harder to catch pokemon so you will buy more pokeballs, cause i remember spending 100 on a 600 cp onix...

what ever happend to the "each time you get a pokemon in the pokeball it will be easier to catch"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-06 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    7 normal hit ultraballs, 3 nice ultraball hits, 5 great ultraball hits, rassberry on every one... and the 500 cp arcanine still runs away...

they have made it way too hard to catc shit... your best bet to get rares these days are just hatching...

worst part is EVERY SINGLE ONE was the 2 twitch.. so it was so ufcking stressful, meanwhile i was sitting out on the sidewalk, standing there for like 5 minutes well my friend waited

i think they wanted to make more money cause they knew removing the 3 steps would make player count plumit, so they made it harder to catch pokemon so you will buy more pokeballs, cause i remember spending 100 on a 600 cp onix...

what ever happend to the "each time you get a pokemon in the pokeball it will be easier to catch"
    It's a crappy way to make money. Buying more pokeballs won't prevent them from running, and further, it's just crappy regular pokeballs. Hardly a rare commodity. You can't even buy ultra balls.

It's a crappy way to make money. Buying more pokeballs won't prevent them from running, and further, it's just crappy regular pokeballs. Hardly a rare commodity. You can't even buy ultra balls.
    still it seems to be so many pokemon rufuse to run, having them run is annoying, using 100 pokeballs on them is even more annoying!, i just wish we could actuallty fight them like in the real game ,weaken them to make them easier to catch

god the game would be so much better if it just followed the normal pokemon style of leveling and fighting..

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post

You sure about that? The Irish guy who completed his dex played only in Dublin and London. While he confirmed using Pokevision, he never talked about travelling to US to get Tauros. And I doubt he was just gps spoofing around... He even talked about being lucky with eggs so it seems odd you wouldn't be able to get them from eggs.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they did anything to try and sell pokeballs. I've thrown away more than I can count.

well here i am in a relatively big city in denmark, and i just wish i could see some of the pokemon that the rest of you do got to lvl 19, almost 20 now, seen 65 and caught 65 pokemon at the moment. A lack of pokemon is the real issue here, not a lack of pokeballs, got like 150+ pokeballs, 100+ great balls and i catch almost anything i see.

Not saying that what you guys experience is not a problem, as its frustrating to lack pokeballs, but seriously, enjoy the fact that you got more pokemon than you can catch and not the opposite.

Just as an example, made a new account, spoofed to central park, i can only say its ridiculous how many pokestops are there and how many pokemon spawns in there. Caught 20 pokemon there i have never seen on my non cheating/spoofing account and almost 40 of the ones i already have seen before lvl 7 -_-

I pray that this is something that changes once i move to a bigger city, as there should be more pokemon there.

With that said though, i dont actually mind it taking time to get them all, if anything i just hope they soon get their nearby system up and going again as right now i go solely from pokestop to pokestop to catch them, and that is hardly hunting for pokemon in my book But hey, never walked this much around in the city,

Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    well here i am in a relatively big city in denmark, and i just wish i could see some of the pokemon that the rest of you do got to lvl 19, almost 20 now, seen 65 and caught 65 pokemon at the moment. A lack of pokemon is the real issue here, not a lack of pokeballs, got like 150+ pokeballs, 100+ great balls and i catch almost anything i see.

Not saying that what you guys experience is not a problem, as its frustrating to lack pokeballs, but seriously, enjoy the fact that you got more pokemon than you can catch and not the opposite.

Just as an example, made a new account, spoofed to central park, i can only say its ridiculous how many pokestops are there and how many pokemon spawns in there. Caught 20 pokemon there i have never seen on my non cheating/spoofing account and almost 40 of the ones i already have seen before lvl 7 -_-

I pray that this is something that changes once i move to a bigger city, as there should be more pokemon there.

With that said though, i dont actually mind it taking time to get them all, if anything i just hope they soon get their nearby system up and going again as right now i go solely from pokestop to pokestop to catch them, and that is hardly hunting for pokemon in my book But hey, never walked this much around in the city,
    Well granted its like that even where I live. Lancaster CA. about 70 miles from LA. Not a whole lot spawn here besides the Boulevard with a 4 way PokeStop which is almost always lured up from Poke Players. But then if you go to a Highly populated area such as the Santa Monica Pier you'll have Pokemon spawning left and right. Central Park (as you know) being another really populated Pokemon area.

So unless you live in a tourism city, you're gonna have roughly average (or below average) Pokemon showing up.

Deleted

it seems even to catch a 70cp rattata its costing me 3 pokeballs, yesterday i caught a 541 weepinbell, took about 6 greatballs and as much candy
    its getting quite unfun how long its taking to catch even the simplest pokemon, lately ive been having magikarp do their flop thing and knock the pokeballs away, and even escape the ball, it shouldnt be that much effort to catch a cp 30 magikarp!

- - - Updated - - -

still it seems to be so many pokemon rufuse to run, having them run is annoying, using 100 pokeballs on them is even more annoying!, i just wish we could actuallty fight them like in the real game ,weaken them to make them easier to catch

god the game would be so much better if it just followed the normal pokemon style of leveling and fighting..
    i would so love a proper pokemon game for mobile it would be awesome to have a mix of pokemon go's real world map and pokestop locations with the battling and leveling of the original games. I understand they are never going to make a real pokemon game for mobile, but if they ever did, i'd buy it! pokemon is the only game i'd play on a DS so im not buying it just for that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Well granted its like that even where I live. Lancaster CA. about 70 miles from LA. Not a whole lot spawn here besides the Boulevard with a 4 way PokeStop which is almost always lured up from Poke Players. But then if you go to a Highly populated area such as the Santa Monica Pier you'll have Pokemon spawning left and right. Central Park (as you know) being another really populated Pokemon area.

So unless you live in a tourism city, you're gonna have roughly average (or below average) Pokemon showing up.
    i live in a tourist city, just not in the tourist part, unless i get a train to central london all i find here is staryu, magikarp, poliwag, pidgey :\

i wish they would just remove the nearby pokemon bit if they arent going to have tracking, so so frustrating seeing a rare pokemon on the nearby section, but having no idea where it is, and having to just walk away knowing you missed a rare pokemon

15+ Year Old Account
    this spot im spoofing at in central park i've caught 8 magikarp in under 20 minutes and im between 4 pokestops
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together