Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    While every one of those (except the last one) is a pretty good pokemon, it's really bad teambuilding lol.
    Seriously. that fighting weakness....

And hey, the last one is actually underrated! I used one in my Black 2 nuzlocke!

Also, damn Pikachu, we saw it go up against Ttar, Metagross, AND Charizardit puts in work against Allain I guess.

inb4 Ash-Pikachu or Gigavolt Havoc are used to kill Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    The new Z Ring toy has an advert, seemingly confirming no new types.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remember this gif? Given the 2 is an upside 5, you folks think this was a very lucky guess in an attempt to produce a fake (swapping out Z stones to match the Pokemons' stone) or possible early beta footage?

Honestly, that gif is fake. It was said a pokemon could equip a crystal matching the type of any move it could learn. But in that gif, the electric gem is swapped out for a fire gem on a pokemon that has 4 grass moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too shay, dwarf-owl. Too shay.

- - - Updated - - -

Alolan Slowpoke

By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Don't you mean Kalosian?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, Slowpoke acts at a pace that no one expects any more of him. Because we all love him.

- - - Updated - - -

He's always late to the party, but we know he means well.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2016-08-05 at 04:44 AM.

Tier changes:

No surprise Tangrowth rose though.

Is there actually no way of playing HG/SS without spending £100 on ebay? :S No shops even stock it
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Is there actually no way of playing HG/SS without spending £100 on ebay? :S No shops even stock it
    Legitimately? I've seen places like Game and CEX still have HeartGold and SoulSilver on the shelves for basically full price [£30-£35], despite being a six year old game...

But, if you just want to play the game without a physical copy, then there are emulators you can download.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    Legitimately? I've seen places like Game and CEX still have HeartGold and SoulSilver on the shelves for basically full price [£30-£35], despite being a six year old game...

But, if you just want to play the game without a physical copy, then there are emulators you can download.
    I went into game to ask if they had a copy, maybe a pre-owned one and was almost laughed at. I checked out that CEX store and they aint got a copy near me but I can buy it for £60 on their site. Think I'll go with that then instead of trying to get lucky on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    I went into game to ask if they had a copy, maybe a pre-owned one and was almost laughed at. I checked out that CEX store and they aint got a copy near me but I can buy it for £60 on their site. Think I'll go with that then instead of trying to get lucky on ebay.
    Hm, perhaps I'm just in an area that's unaware of how much other people are willing to pay for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a bid auction on eBay for HeartGold going for £29.99 with a £1.27 postage cost, if that's any help... It has 2 days left with 0 bids, as well, unlike a lot of the others.
    It might not stay like that for long, but it might wind up cheaper than you paying £60 for the game:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-He...EAAOSwTZ1Xn4CG

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Arachnophobia; 2016-08-04 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    [IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/155/339/fa3.jpg[/IG]
    Better than Sonic Boom.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Yey! More "leaks". As always, take with a pinch of salt. This one is all about Rockruff and the starters sharing the secret of multiple (4) forms for the final stage.

http://cacnea.tumblr.com/image/148434277620

- - - Updated - - -

And the evil team, ZStone locations, and Totem pokemon (whom apparently protect the stones). Hngggg, Poison type pseudo.

- - - Updated - - -

And a fan theory about Alolan Rattatas and Yungoose:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com...attata_theory/

Basically;
    - Yungoose's pokedex entry says it was introduced to Alola to exterminate a certain pokemon.
    - IRL, mongeese were introduced to Hawaii to deal with a rat overpopulation; this didn't work, as the rats were nocturnal and the mongeese barely encountered them.
    - someone pointed out that Gumshoe's are detective pokemon Stakeout their prey. Yungoose likely evolved to better hunt the Rattatas.

The starters possibly having multiple evolutions and typing is pretty bold. Wonder behind the reasoning for that if that turns out true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    The starters possibly having multiple evolutions and typing is pretty bold. Wonder behind the reasoning for that if that turns out true.
    At this point, anything can happen this gen. xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Yeah, I'm not saying "Nah, that is too Farfetch'd" for this generation anymore ^^
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    I want an Archeus so badly

best part of new leak if real?

the villain team just wants to steal all the islands to make money from tourists! team rocket 2.0!!!

- - - Updated - - -

also 4 evos per starter would add SO MUCH replayability
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    This exactly. I keep an open mind and just let them surprise me.