Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I agree with some of the posts here. I feel like they fixed alot of QoL issues but broke other things that worked well.

The lost of spiritwalkers grace to elemental was a huge blow to me. With the glyph you had a 7 second window per minute where you could cast on the run. The lack of dps on the move is crippling. The gameplay in Legion just feels so meh. I am only 13 points in as ele but it just feels boring and i dont know why. I like running ele blast because it adds some flavor to the spec but that still does help the situation. Outside of artifact lightning bolt hits like a wet noodle.

Maybe they are just balancing everything around the Legendary items you can acquire, but that is really sad since they are said to be rare. Some of the ele legos look pretty cool, basically giving the HFC 2 piece back, buffing EQ or LvB. I think that sucks to be fair though cause you might never see one of those items.
    im sure as good as the ele ones will be the mage ones will be twice as good and leave us for dust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    im sure as good as the ele ones will be the mage ones will be twice as good and leave us for dust.
    People point towards the PvP talents/legendary talents but forget, other classes are ALSO getting them and for example the shaman ones don't look all that great especially for ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    People point towards the PvP talents/legendary talents but forget, other classes are ALSO getting them and for example the shaman ones don't look all that great especially for ele.
    You don't think a 30% chance for Earth Shock to refund the Maelstrom spent is good? I mean granted, that's not as good as the 45% chance on the tier 18 2-piece bonus, but given the late-game scaling potential of Elemental in Legion, I'd say having that mechanic still available will be pretty damn nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzinoth View Post
    You don't think a 30% chance for Earth Shock to refund the Maelstrom spent is good? I mean granted, that's not as good as the 45% chance on the tier 18 2-piece bonus, but given the late-game scaling potential of Elemental in Legion, I'd say having that mechanic still available will be pretty damn nice.
    again i can bring up mage to counter that point, ele scales well? fire mage stacking crit says hi.

just look at alysrazor, 300% haste crit capped, ele not worth sending up, fire mage does 1 combustion thats more damage than you do in the next 5 minutes, that's scaling.

again i can bring up mage to counter that point, ele scales well? fire mage stacking crit says hi.

just look at alysrazor, 300% haste crit capped, ele not worth sending up, fire mage does 1 combustion thats more damage than you do in the next 5 minutes, that's scaling.
    You're comparing scaling in a future expansion based on a single fight from 3 expansions ago, and you expect anyone to take you seriously?

You're comparing scaling in a future expansion based on a single fight from 3 expansions ago, and you expect anyone to take you seriously?
    whats your best rank as ele? like top 300? expect anyone to take you seriously?

whats your best rank as ele? like top 300? expect anyone to take you seriously?
    lol, okay little buddy. You let me know if you want to have a discussion like a big boy.

Deleted
    Jazzinoth, no I don't. Because the damage so far as we've seen isn't all that great and you need to build the maelstrom before you do. Ele is easily shut down, trained and killed as of right now. Meaning he's effectively neither building up maelstrome nor doing much damage. During the times ele does get to do damage in PvP, the damage is simply underwhelming.

Take a 30% to not lose your maelstrome from earthshock, which means about every 3rd (a bit lower), when earth shock damage isn't that great to begin with and count it against let's say rogue getting back honor amongst thieves. I.e a combo point every time an ally crits. The elemental talents in both PvP and weapons are, average at best for the most part. Which would be okay if ele was in a good spot. It most certainly isn't. While classes who do well and will do even better looking at beta footage get AWESOME talents.

lol, okay little buddy. You let me know if you want to have a discussion like a big boy.
    Go to Earthshrine on Discord. This should be renamed the rant thread, don't expect anything but that in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Go to Earthshrine on Discord. This should be renamed the rant thread, don't expect anything but that in here.
    Haha, I've noticed. My mistake!

Deleted
    "Everyone who isn't touting shaman as the best class ever, ignoring glaring obvious issues and pointing out problems is just ranting." You guys are the reason shaman is in such bad a state. There's some people ranting but also a hell of a lot of well articulated and reasonable criticism all of which you completely and utterly disregard out of hand.

"Everyone who isn't touting shaman as the best class ever, ignoring glaring obvious issues and pointing out problems is just ranting." You guys are the reason shaman is in such bad a state. There's some people ranting but also a hell of a lot of well articulated and reasonable criticism all of which you completely and utterly disregard out of hand.
    The "elemental is the worst spec ever made and is terrible at everything and will always be sat and blizzard has a personal vendetta against shamans" attitude is just as bad.

You seem to have trouble distinguishing between criticism and ranting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    The "elemental is the worst spec ever made and is terrible at everything and will always be sat and blizzard has a personal vendetta against shamans" attitude is just as bad.
    I doubt they have a personal vendetta, elemental IS currently terrible especially in PvP and wont see much improvement with Legion. That people get rathet upset when this becomes the running theme for 2+ expansions should be understandable. And no, at this point people being pretty pissed IS nowhere near as bad. It's the only way anything will ever change.

Staying "reasonable" and trying to argue "reasonable" changes leads to a wrong perception spreading i.e that elemental isn't that bad or even actually good. Look at the reactions in other class forums to even the most minor changes and nerfs aswell as perceiving another competing class as stronger. If a class says they're fine, they tend to be too strong. With so many people claiming shaman "isn't that bad" people assume the same holds true for shaman, which leads to the lead dev telling elemental they're "a bit op" early WoD, when the class was borderline unplayable and they had to roll out a bunch of hotfixes.

You seem to have trouble distinguishing between criticism and ranting.
    If one perceives any kind of criticism as ranting because one has an unhealthy attachement to a corporation one can't judge either way. So far people like you and Miffy have turned out to be wrong without fail, every, single, last, time. Yet you keep pretending you're the reasonable and knowledgeable people here. Quite odd.

Just as example, Miffy fleeing the totem projection thread after he was proven wrong without ever admitting he was wrong. People here mentioning a 30% chance to not use up maelstrome when using earth shock! ignoring that it really isn't that great a thing, especially when comparisons to the stuff other classes get are made. It's never addressed again and you guys just try and move on so you can build the next strawman or make the next faulty argument.

That's the funniest thing actually. You guys do not contribute to any kind of discussion at any point. Instead you're busy language policing, dismissing things that are brought up based on "how people say it" or just accusing everyone of being unreasonable and or mad. Mostly because you can't actually contribute and aren't interested in doing so from the get go.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-08-06 at 05:28 AM.

Bugger off, drama queen, if I had such an attachment to this corporation I wouldn't have unsubbed for more than a year or skipped most of MoP and Cataclysm for other MMO's.

You just can't cope with the fact that nobody takes your "criticisms" as proven gospel. You've proved nothing wrong. EQ is not worthless, it fills its aoe niche as any other fire and forget aoe skill like rain of fire or starfall. It is worth casting on multiple targets. It's most definitely useful for mythic+ content, particularly for your tank on top of its aoe use.

You're just being obnoxious repeating your mantra that the class is broken because of aoe ramp up. It's not broken. Naesam from Precision, ranked #3 ele shaman is doing just fine in beta on his ele. If you bothered to look past your constant deluge of QQ, he's beating demonhunters and landing top 3 damage for most raid encounters. The class works.

You just want to be a fire mage or demonhunter in terms of broken ass classes, so go roll those and stop polluting this thread.

Deleted
    I'm new to Ele and have a few questions; Is it worth multi dotting with FS on AoE or better to spam CL?
    Is it ever worth ignoring Lava Surge/Burst on AoE?

Thanks.

Deleted
    That legendary item won't function like our current set bonus. Its just an one time thing, you can't chain cast ES like currently. Considering that our current burst at 100 is because of that set bonus, losing it will be another huge blow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quit being useless, please. You never contributed to this discussion other than posting your head canon bullshit.

You are unsubbed for over a year and trying to tell us how to play Elemental? Hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    I'm new to Ele and have a few questions; Is it worth multi dotting with FS on AoE or better to spam CL?
    Is it ever worth ignoring Lava Surge/Burst on AoE?

Thanks.
    It was posted some pages ago. And it's also in Binkensteins guide.

At 2-3 targets:
    - keep a 20 MS FS on everything
    - use your ST rotation but replace LB with CL
    - spent MS on ES

4+ targets:
    - spam CL and spent MS on EQ

10+ Year Old Account
    It is completely untrue that Earthshrine is any less critical than here. In fact, it has quite a few more...shall we say, more respected and mature posters/mods there. There has been plenty of criticism and doubt thrown at the spec there concerning its viability for progress and Mythic+. The bottom line is that it is simply a more balanced discussion with a much better tone.

If you prefer the try-hard forum posing and toxicity, you come here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It is completely untrue that Earthshrine is any less critical than here. In fact, it has quite a few more...shall we say, more respected and mature posters/mods there. There has been plenty of criticism and doubt thrown at the spec there concerning its viability for progress and Mythic+. The bottom line is that it is simply a more balanced discussion with a much better tone.

If you prefer the try-hard forum posing and toxicity, you come here.
    Thats one of the good things on MMO-Champion and Earthshrine then. People on both sites dont like nonsensical people who dont even understand the basics of this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    That legendary item won't function like our current set bonus. Its just an one time thing, you can't chain cast ES like currently. Considering that our current burst at 100 is because of that set bonus, losing it will be another huge blow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quit being useless, please. You never contributed to this discussion other than posting your head canon bullshit.

You are unsubbed for over a year and trying to tell us how to play Elemental? Hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

It was posted some pages ago. And it's also in Binkensteins guide.

At 2-3 targets:
    - keep a 20 MS FS on everything
    - use your ST rotation but replace LB with CL
    - spent MS on ES

4+ targets:
    - spam CL and spent MS on EQ
    Where's the Raid spray when you need it, the cockroaches are creeping out again.