Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fury warrior rotation looks clunky

Is it just me or does the fury warrior rotation seem really clunky. I mean not much is gonna change in legion aswell apart from an extra ability from the artifact and with 4 set bonus from tiers that will improve it a bit by increasing the enrage duration.

Right now our cooldowns are very short 5 seconds for battle cry which you will most likely use 1 global cooldown to get BT crit for the enrage, and now you are left with even less time to get meaningful damage in, apart from that dragons roar is a 6 second increase on damage which also is a global cooldown itself which makes you get even less out of it.

Apart from the short cooldowns the execute phase is VERY rng based without talenting massacre and if you do talent massacre then you lose out on more frequent enrages.

Currently Furious slash is on the very bottom of our priority list and it doesn't even have a place apart from single target, the problem is that this is the only non cooldown ability that lets us get a better chance at a crit on BT. Considering haste is going to be our main stat in Legion we are not really gonna get alot of chances with BT crits apart from battle cry.

All in all it just seems really clunky because unless you have shittons of haste and 4 set in legion it doesnt seem like you are gonna do much in your enrages apart from cast a few spells and even then if its aoe you are gonna have to meat cleave and getting whirlwinds inbetween other casts just seems a bit clunky, maybe adding a stacking system to whirlwind might make it a bit better but i really dont know.

Actually playing it ... no it's not clunky at all. It's pretty smooth and wonderful. I love it. (and I've played it both on beta at 110 and live) if you want clunky give enh shaman a try.

Rampage really contribute to a better enrage management, when i started with the new fury in beta i was also scared, was in panic becouse i had many options to press with WB procs, rampage up, dragon roar, etc, but with time things starts to feel better and better

It's very smooth, especially at good gear levels. Reaching the 18% haste/30% crit breakpoints with the class trinket is fantastic. However, you could live without the class trinket and take Unending Hunger for more crit. The only struggle is at low levels/low gear when you can't stay Enraged as often or have access to some of the Fury talents that smooth everything out. We still get Enrage droughts, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was pre-patch; we have more options to keep fighting now.

I don't really have much experience with it during Execute phase, but the base rotation, regardless of if you choose Frenzy or Inner Rage, players very smoothly. With Inner Rage and Carnage, it's probably the closest thing to an actual set "rotation" you can get in World of Warcraft these days. It's prettty much BT->RB->Filler->BT->RB->Rampage->Repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Ah, clunky, the WoW critic's word du jour.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    Someone in the Druid forums today called the powershifting removal (re-casting to a form you're already in to break snares) a clunky change. It's to the point where people aren't just using the word for lack of a better description, they're starting to just completely misuse it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally feel like the fury rotation feels...spunky

I'm a big fan of Legion Fury's basic design, it seems like it's a response to the failings of WOD Fury more than anything. By giving people an option that at least functions without enrage (Inner Rage) and providing an ability that guarentees enrage they have fixed (or at least improved) the issue that plagued WOD Fury for the majority of the expansion, and that is control/consistency over enrage, a form of RNG protection. I think in our ilvl740+ gear we have forgotten those times where we sat there hitting Bloodthirst 5x in a row and being screwed while having nothing else to press, my record was 13 Bloodthirsts on Bladefist in Highmaul the week that Fury got buffed (fixed).

I think Rampage could do with hitting harder, right now it's just the burn rage to extend Enrage button and I'd much rather it was that + serious damage per second, but as a gameplay concept I really enjoy it, I prefer Whirlwind being free and not having to deal with the WOD meatcleaver RNG. Legion Fury is not terribly exciting to play, I'd prefer massacre was a baseline instead of having to choose execute functionality as a talent and I miss Bladestorm being an exciting button to press, but WOD Fury was only really exciting because of gimmicks like the T17 set bonus burst, like big balls Bladestorms, the basic rotation for me was bland.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Fury is genuinely one of the smoothest rotations in the game.

This is going in my signature. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    Someone in the Druid forums today called the powershifting removal (re-casting to a form you're already in to break snares) a clunky change. It's to the point where people aren't just using the word for lack of a better description, they're starting to just completely misuse it.
    Agreed... I think people don't even know what the definition of clunky is. So let me help:

clunk·y
    ˈkləNGkē/Submit
    adjectiveinformal
    awkwardly solid, heavy, and outdated.

This nowhere closely describes current fury.

Soooo much agree

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    outdated.
    I think the prolonged channeling gcd and damage distribution of rampage, the short duration of the juggernaut buff, the extra damage taken and how odd the cooldowns line up fit that quite decently. The spec is obviously still spammy and easy to play.

To be honest everyone to their own, to me it does feel clunky in a way , and yes i will be using clunky to describe that feeling.

Everyone has their own ideas and this is mine, currently the rotation feels better on live thanks to high gear and class trinket but it wont be on legion unless you have beta tested and still like it.

Ive been thinking how warrior could be better and i thought why not make enrage kind of like voidform in shadow priest as in get to a certain rage and then you enter enrage and your rage slowly drains to 0. Obviously this is just the basics of what i was thinking , adding seperate buffs and new talents etc might make this a very interesting idea and fix some of the enrage rng problems we have. But i guess Blizz used up that mechanic for shadow priests, i might think up on this ides some more and maybe post a few more ideas.

What doesn't look / feel clunky in 2016?

It's fine btw.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Everything in Furry exept Execute and Bladestorm feall very good and its is much better then it was , I realy like new Furry just hope that blizz will some how fix execute phease

What clunky? it is very robotic tbh. grab inner rage and u can have a fit rotation.

BT, RB, FS rinse and repeat. replace BT with Rampage when u have rage. On AoE it seems a bit clunky yea. I normally just spam WW and use BT and Rampage when ever I can with meatcleaver.

On cleave fights I just replace FS with WW and use the WW talent.
    Last edited by DonDalle; 2016-08-17 at 06:35 AM.

I was skeptical of Fury's rotation for awhile. It seemed like everyone was hating on Fury, so I was looking into other classes to be. But after playing it in the pre-patch, I think the rotation works pretty well. It feels like I press more buttons, and honestly enrage seems easier to keep up, even though the window was shortened. I might just stay Fury in Legion after all.

Plus those animations a siick.

I actually, at level 100, find Arms to be a lot more "clunky" (buzzword). Having to, on occasion, sit off a GCD and being rage starved isn't all that fun. Fury is very smooth with its BT -> RB -> X rotation, which you can fit with either FS or DR.

Even fury AOE is very smooth.

At 110, what is our "burstiest" AOE that we can get? I'm assuming we would be taking Wrecking Ball and Bladestorm, so would a typical burst aoe pull be something like:
    Charge -> DR -> BC+Avatar -> BT to force enrage -> Odyn' Fury -> Bladestorm? Or would you add in an extra BT in between Odyn's Fury and Bladestorm to force enrage again?

The rotation is fine overall, just lacks oomph so to speak. Hitting rampage doesn't feel any different than hitting BT/Raging Blow.