Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Good. The further out the camera, the better. I want to know what's happening around me. Environmental awareness is important.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    its not an slider because the game isnt designed for it. how hard is that to understand jesus fuck?

god damnit, tell me a game that you can get more zoom out of the slider???
    if the zoom level goes from 1-100 the in game slider is 1-50 and macro does 50-100

why not just make the slider 1-100 ? it cant be that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    if the zoom level goes from 1-100 the in game slider is 1-50 and macro does 50-100

why not just make the slider 1-100 ? it cant be that hard.
    Because its experimental camera zoom. Zones are not done to handle that zoom. Roofs, Clifs, places where the camera can clip. etc.

They wont add an option on the config to brake your game for your pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    What a smug and stupid comment.

The rationale behind the original change was solid. The problem was that people were used to the larger zoom, so it was not well received. Blizz did the right thing ... listened ... and adjusted to a reasonable compromise. What they don't need, are dick comments from people afterward.
    11+ years to go yeh we really need to reduce the zoom which will piss some players off, and the ones who don't use it are unaffected, it's a genius plan, blizzard should try listening sooner and stop making changes that only negatively affect the game like removing flying, i like the way it is you do all the content in the game by ground, but later on you get that flying luxury it encourages you to do more especially on alts, but not adding it was a stupid idea with backlash, just like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    11+ years to go yeh we really need to reduce the zoom which will piss some players off, and the ones who don't use it are unaffected, it's a genius plan, blizzard should try listening sooner and stop making changes that only negatively affect the game like removing flying, i like the way it is you do all the content in the game by ground, but later on you get that flying luxury it encourages you to do more especially on alts, but not adding it was a stupid idea with backlash, just like this one.
    You forgot a group of people while you wrote this post. The group of people who are forced to use max zoom to stay competitive, but hate doing so. Pretending that reverting back to max zoom has zero negative impact is inaccurate and whimsical.

zoom reduction? lol. You were playing out of the game designed zoom.
    I wasn't though, I was able to do it without anything outside of the product delivered by blizzard. It was a default console command within the base game. Unlike DBM which is still allowed.

If you want to have a serious conversation, then talk about the Addons like DBM that aren't known to all players yet give a blatant advantage and are still allowed.

I personally don't have anything against things like DBM, but if the argument is that "not everyone knows about the zoom command" then I can easily make that same argument for DBM etc. And if you are just going to parrot blizzard without coming up with anything yourself then I don't see the point in having this conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Reasons for no flying.

1.) It trivializes a ton of content.
    Questing is already trivial. It's hilarious that you don't think that it is. If you stuggle with questing, maybe this isn't the game for you.
    2.) Makes the world smaller, but "look" bigger. Fixed by having lots of high level shots to view the world.
    Subjective
    3.) They added a fuck ton of FP's and a boat load of items that helped to simulate flying in short bursts. They also added a Mage Tower, and a other items bound by profession to move across the map quickly.
    How is this a point? lol?
    Reasons for Flying

1.) I want it.
    2.) I have flying mounts.

Yeah, try again. Nothing has been plucked apart, because it's a subjective opinion. Little twats cried for months because they couldn't trivialize content by flying, and Blizz just caved on it.

Now we are getting the same treatment in Legion, but we aren't getting any fucking help to move around the map quickly because they know flying is coming.
    No, reasons for flying are

1. It's objectively better
    2. You can't make an objective argument against it.
    3. Why would you want to spend more time doing the same exact thing? No flying is just artificial time bloat to achieve the same end goal, why someone would put that on themselves is literally unconscionable.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-08-05 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BentPencils View Post
    You forgot a group of people while you wrote this post. The group of people who are forced to use max zoom to stay competitive, but hate doing so. Pretending that reverting back to max zoom has zero negative impact is inaccurate and whimsical.
    forced? it's been in the game since it's started, it should be the norm, this is like saying plate wearers are forced to wear plate? WELL DUH, why would you as a melee give yourself a shitty zoomed in view where you can be blinded by mechanics or the boss? no-one would thats plain stupid about as stupid as plate wearers using leather, oh wait they could/did that up until cata? shouldn't you be whining how plate is now forced to use plate? i mean that lasted less time than the camera distance did, got to use plate to stay competitive haven't you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninja View Post
    Not certain how to interpret the Rising Sun Kick modification, the phrasing "before using Serenity" is peculiar to me. I would assume it means outside of Serenity, the CD has been reduced.
    Pretty sure it means if you hit Serenity while RSK is on CD, the remaining CD is halved. Just in case you hit RSK just before using Serenity, you don't have to wait the full time before you can use it on its shorter CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    At the end of the day, stop trying to act like Blizzard is always right and the player base is always wrong, because that's just not the case.
    You read a lot more into my statement than was there. I never implied Blizz is always right or the players are always wrong.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Corrected an issue that would cause Hans'gar and Franzok to reset when a player outside the encounter area was targeted by Body Slam.
    They waited like 1,5 years to fix this? They gotta be kidding now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletlion View Post
    They waited like 1,5 years to fix this? They gotta be kidding now.
    snorting all the cocaine delivered by wod rise in sales/monthly fee took then 1.5 years now back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    More like Playerbase that whines the most. One of the reasons WoD had so little content is because of people whining that MoP had to much to do.
    I don't remember anyone complaining that there was too much to do in MoP.

People complained about having to grind rep for gear, but thats not complaining about content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    So crybabies won again. I don't like this change at all since I can't stand playing with camera maxed out. Very stupid change and it's not how WoW should be played.
    You aren't forced to play with the camera maxed out. But I'll guess that you gonna said since its there in the game I must use it otherwise I'm "gimping" myself, same goes for flying, LFR, dailies and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon01 View Post
    You aren't forced to play with the camera maxed out. But I'll guess that you gonna said since its there in the game I must use it otherwise I'm "gimping" myself, same goes for flying, LFR, dailies and what not.
    Ppl complained, even when they introduced authenticators. U just cannot win anymore with some ppls stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and they were not wrong - mythic raiders had unfair advantage with bigger field of vision and the moment they lost that advantage they whined like little bitches that they will have to play the same way as those lfr scrubs - this is one of very many things that should be remoed from game toghether with addons like exorsus raid tools, dbm , logs etc etc in order to make game better for majority - but blizzard emplyes seems retard-fixed on catering to 1 % of nolifers - legion will be as shitty as wod if they dont change this attitude.
    "no lifer" That's hilarious. The ignorance is staggering. I killed mythic arch last year. We raided 3 nights for 4 hours. That's 12 hours a week. A week has 168 hours in it. You think 12 out of 168 is no life? Once we killed him we went down to farm mode and only raided one night. Killing mannaroth and arch would take an hour. ONE FUCKING HOUR a week out of 168. I guarantee I raid and play this game much less than you lfr heroes. I literally log in for an hour, kill shit and log out and don't log back in till the next reset.

I'll be blunt, you just lack skill. The fact that addons are hard for you to wrap your head around and you want them removed proves not only do you lack skill you lack basic intelligence. Thank fuck the game doesn't cater to you, though with all the ability pruning and dumbing down of the game I'm thinking they're heading that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    This kind of comment really annoys me. They're not telling us how to play the game. They're giving us more flexibility to choose for ourselves. It was LIMITING the zoom which was a case of them telling us how we are supposed to enjoy the game. This is the OPPOSITE. They are GIVING us a greater choice of zooms again.

Sometimes I wonder if you people just love to argue about anything for the sake of arguing. I bet you're a fun person to bring to a party. "Hey, Eggroll, have some cake?" "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"
    Maybe you should have read the reasoning behind the reduction before starting to insult a stranger on the internet, hu?

Their reasoning stays basically the same. They shouldn't have touched it in the first place. That's just my opionion. It has worked fine for 12 years, what was there to change?

Maybe, just maybe the internet is not for you if you can't cope with being confronted with opinions other than your own without throwing insults around....

10+ Year Old Account
    Today I learned that your camera zoom apparently makes you better at WoW
    #themoreyouknow

Because its experimental camera zoom. Zones are not done to handle that zoom. Roofs, Clifs, places where the camera can clip. etc.

They wont add an option on the config to brake your game for your pleasure.

Well here's an actual challenge for the devs then... instead of reducing camera distance for everyone make the wider distance more accessible.

Btw. The reduced camera distance does not only affect competitive players. It also affects machinima makers - who are much more dear to me They often use maxed out camera distances for their work and are stupidly affected by this change...

I don't zoom my camera out as far as others, and I think the max zoom that's possible through the UI scale is nearly ideal (I would prefer to zoom out just a hair farther), but I'm very glad they changed their mind (in some regard) to max camera distance. I know many players who benefited health-wise from being able to zoom out more. Most of them suffered migraines from the flashing lights when they were forced to play with a lower zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Exactly.

Contrary to what they "they caved in to whining!!"-people are spouting, Blizzard are far more likely to change their minds based on constructive feedback.
    Or, they changed it because it was fucking stupid in the first place, and they managed to piss off a sizable amount of subscribers. Just like they always have done in the last few years.