Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Can you provide some sources for those claims please?
    The arrest rates vs people found in possession of marijuana graphs have only been posted on these forums a few hundred times.

But I guess I can post them again so people can whine about them being biased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I would love to see some UK based sources for that.
    Oh we're talking about arrest rates in the UK? Don't have that no, in the US it's pretty prominent.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The arrest rates vs people found in possession of marijuana graphs have only been posted on these forums a few hundred times.

Those graphs are for the UK, yes?

10+ Year Old Account

Make sure to use graphs based on the UK dear

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Do you see the KKK lynch people nowadays? no guess not.
    It's what they're largely known for in the US, even if they're an underground group that doesn't do much these days. An Icelander might not know that though so it's understandable.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

- - - Updated - - -

Oh we're talking about arrest rates in the UK? Don't have that no, in the US it's pretty prominent.
    And, if you paid any kind of attention, you'd realize people in here were Questioning it's validity in the UK. There are some, me included, that find it not worth validating in the states. But the focus has been "Why the fuck is this garbage in the UK?"

I eagerly await your responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's what they're largely known for in the US, even if they're an underground group that doesn't do much these days. An Icelander might not know that though so it's understandable.
    They did lynching in the past (long time ago), I have not heard of them doing anything like that for many years now, so saying that right NOW (2016) that the KKK and BLM are kinda similar is not wrong, they are both hate groups.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And, if you paid any kind of attention, you'd realize people in here were Questioning it's validity in the UK. There are some, me included, that find it not worth validating in the states. But the focus has been "Why the fuck is this garbage in the UK?"

I eagerly await your responses.
    I already said the stats are valid for the US. The brits can go back to talking about their fair and balanced arrest statistics over their tea time.

- - - Updated - - -

They did lynching in the past (long time ago), I have not heard of them doing anything like that for many years now, so saying that right NOW (2016) that the KKK and BLM are kinda similar is not wrong, they are both hate groups.
    Our schools teach us about the KKK as a group responsible for lynchings, cross burnings, and excessive violence against blacks and some jews. Since they're pretty much irrelevant these days as an organization, and rarely heard from, Americans are going to associate them with their past, not their nigh non existent present.

BLM is a hate group, its obvious. To compare them, at least generally to the KKK is a bit of a mistake though. That's not to say that in order for BLM to be more like the KKK they need to ride around on horses dragging white folks from their homes. I'm saying that the KKK's leadership not only condones but sanctioned (past tense, God even knows what they do anymore other than listen to the ICP) violence in the name of hate.

There is a tenuous reach to say that any of the clearly racist violence the BLM gets into is sanctioned at anypoint. BLM doesn't really have leadership, and it's doubtful the little leadership they may have has any control over members. I think it's safe to assume the majority of the racist violence that BLM gets into is merely agents within their ranks working to their own ends.

None of that is implying I don't think BLM should be put down. Their message of segregation has no place in modern society.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already said the stats are valid for the US. The brits can go back to talking about their fair and balanced arrest statistics over their tea time.
    This thread is about the UK though and the chain of comments you responded to only mentioned the UK.

As I am so nice, I have produced a handy cut-out-and-keep guide on the differences between the UK and US for you:

UK - United Kingdom
    US - United States

UK - speak English*
    US - speak an approximation of English

I hope this helps.

*With the exception of Geordies, Jocks, Scousers and various other undesirables from outside London and the Home Counties.

*With the exception of Geordies, Jocks, Scousers and various other undesirables from outside London and the Home Counties.
    Fuck you, Robert Pires was a diving cunt and a disgrace.

It seems that the bat is very keen to improve US racial stats onto the UK, and there isn't an obvious mapping.

As a proportion, are more blacks arrested and sent to jail? Yes. Does this mean the system is out to get them? No. London in particular has a serious problem with youth gangs and gang violence. This has sadly become a part of reality for many blacks living in London, and other inner city areas. In trying to tackle this, the police will have to focus more on black youths- they tend to be the ones doing the stabbings (blacks use sharp objects and guns to murder much more than other ethnic groups, whites overwhelmingly use their hands and feet) and killings (mostly against other blacks, in the UK, when a white person murders, it is almost always another white person).

Some don't like the attention that brings onto the black community, however it is widely accepted that this is a problem. The cops can't just ignore it because it is blacks committing the crimes. Gangs in particular contribute to this, and a worrying number of young black kids are involved in this. This goes a long way to explaining the differences. And since black gang members are way more likely to be packing heat than a white gang member, they are going to be more likely to be on the wrong end of an armed response unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Fuck you, Robert Pires was a diving cunt and a disgrace.
    One alleged dive does not a diving cunt make.

It seems that the bat is very keen to improve US racial stats onto the UK, and there isn't an obvious mapping.

As a proportion, are more blacks arrested and sent to jail? Yes. Does this mean the system is out to get them? No. London in particular has a serious problem with youth gangs and gang violence. This has sadly become a part of reality for many blacks living in London, and other inner city areas. In trying to tackle this, the police will have to focus more on black youths- they tend to be the ones doing the stabbings (blacks use sharp objects and guns to murder much more than other ethnic groups, whites overwhelmingly use their hands and feet) and killings (mostly against other blacks, in the UK, when a white person murders, it is almost always another white person).

Some don't like the attention that brings onto the black community, however it is widely accepted that this is a problem. The cops can't just ignore it because it is blacks committing the crimes. Gangs in particular contribute to this, and a worrying number of young black kids are involved in this. This goes a long way to explaining the differences. And since black gang members are way more likely to be packing heat than a white gang member, they are going to be more likely to be on the wrong end of an armed response unit.
    Operation Trident was set up to deal with black-on-black murders in London, which gives an example of how seriously the police took the issue of black gang crime (not to be confused with Blackgang Chine on the Isle of Wight), as generally they do not set up specific task forces.

Okay BLM.. look at these stats and tell me blacks aren't targeted by police for a reason..

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ested-violent/

When Kohn said that 69 percent of arrests for violent crimes were white males, she left out the population factor.

"You can't talk about risk without talking about population size," Fox told PunditFact. "There are many more whites than blacks so it makes sense that the number of crimes will be high."

Using the homicide count (again, the only crime where we can separate on both race and gender) whites and blacks were arrested in about equal numbers. But cast as a rate, the results shift. For 2013, Fox calculated that black men were about seven times more likely than white men to be arrested for murder. That would be a rate of 33 murders for every 100,000 black men, compared to 4.7 for every 100,000 whites
    So.. maybe there is a reason why police are more afraid of blacks??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Okay BLM.. look at these stats and tell me blacks aren't targeted by police for a reason..

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ested-violent/

When Kohn said that 69 percent of arrests for violent crimes were white males, she left out the population factor.

So.. maybe there is a reason why police are more afraid of blacks??
    I think you are in the wrong thread, this is about BLM in the UK, not US.

At least in America the police shoot people, so they have some excuse to use a LivesMatter hashtag, in Britain the police hardly ever shoot anyone.

At least in America the police shoot people, so they have some excuse to use a LivesMatter hashtag, in Britain the police hardly ever shoot anyone.
    The appropriate British version would be Black Feels Matter, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The appropriate British version would be Black Feels Matter, I suppose.
    A lot of them do not appear to be black, so I am not entirely convinced they qualify for that either.

I am just saying the movement doesn't make sense in the UK because it doesn't make sense in the US. This whole movement has only made blacks more afraid and distrusting of police. They feel victimized and refuse to cooperate with cops because they feel the cop only pulled them over for "being black" and for target practice. BLM has only escalated the tension in America and has increased the divide between races. If they focused on Police Brutality in general instead of "police are on a rampage to kill all black people" then maybe more people would support them.

They better get off the highways before it's "Black Lives Splatter"

So current info on UK death in custody events

Minority deaths - http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics...police-custody

All deaths - http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics...police-custody

Basics minorities killed by police since 1990 = 156

Total deaths via police since 1990 = 1563

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I love the white girl in the top picture "White Silence is Violence".

But shooting police officers, riots and spreading hatred aren't? I'm looking at you BLM!
    You think they care? This "BLM" """"movement""" is just like religion: they cry and scream and claim to be victims, while conveniently ignoring facts and reality.

They're just trying to stir up shit and turn everything into a race issue.

/shakes head
    UK, say it ain't so.