Deleted

How do ppl that reroll deal with stuff that isn't account-wide?

Hello,

for the first time in 7 years I am looking to reroll, due to how shitty Ret paladin is now. Even though I have a plethora of max lvl alts to choose from, I have huge issue with all the stuff that I have only on my pally - the gold CM set, reputations (this is a big one), pvp mount (as someone who is average at best in pvp, and plays a specc that is constantly near the bottom in pvp, clawing my way to 75 RBG wins for the horsie was quite a feat), all maxed out proffs including fishing and arch.
    How do people that frequently swap their mains deal with this?
    Some stuff like the CM sets cannot be obtained anymore - that alone rules out 4 out of my 7 alts
    Again maxing out ALL the reps. that I have on my pally is such an offputting task - it was painful enough to do it once...

At the moment I am so frustrated... On one hand, Legion looks really promising and could be a fun expac, but on the other hand I will be held back by a shitty main that will be unwelcome in any engame content like mythic+ dungeons, mythic raids, RBGs etc
    Last edited by mmoc498e172801; 2016-08-05 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hello,

for the first time in 7 years I am looking to reroll, due to how shitty Ret paladin is now. Even though I have a plethora of max lvl alts to choose from, I have huge issue with all the stuff that I have only on my pally - the gold CM set, reputations (this is a big one), pvp mount (as someone who is average at best in pvp, and plays a specc that is constantly near the bottom in pvp, clawing my way to 75 RBG wins for the horsie was quite a feat), all maxed out proffs including fishing and arch.
    Some stuff like the CM sets cannot be obtained anymore - that alone rules out 4 out of my 7 alts
    Maxing out ALL the reps. that I have on my pally is such an offputting task - it was painful enough to do it once...

At the moment I am so frustrated... On one hand, Legion looks really promising and could be a fun expac, but on the other hand I will be held back by a shitty main that will be unwelcome in any engame content like mythic+ dungeons, mythic raids, RBGs etc
    Most of the stuff you listed is cosmetic though right? Not that important when rerolling

10+ Year Old Account
    They deal with it how it is, or have to compensate for it with something else.

Most things that I miss from not being account-wide, are duplicated by the fact of having something the likes on the other main, etc. Got 4 who are maxed out on reputation (Except for Ogrila, and the PvP ones). As for Challange Mode sets, well, if I change to one who doesn't have it, then I'll have to live with that. As for mounts, well, I mostly use a simple mount, or the sandstone.

As for professions, I have 2 of each profession maxed out, 1 of each on each faction. And well, I don't go for the whole min/max on professions, I just use them for what they are. I, after all, did level a rogue just to have someone to unlock lockboxes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So I've played a Paladin since BC in PvE and a DK in PvP since Wrath. As of this xpac I'm moving over to make a DK my main, and I have spent the last few weeks/months, going out and collecting the cosmetic aesthetics I want that I became so comfortable seeing. With the exception of the Shattered Sun tabard. Forget that grind, but most others aren't too bad. It's a good way to spend in game time that isn't spent raiding or PvPing.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    It is cosmetic yeah, but I guess I have an OCD about that - for example the Reputations tab - I just HAVE to max out even the last bit of 999 rep. after hitting exalted, so that all the lines in the Rep. tab are fully green.

Meanwhile the Reps. on my alts are just a mess of orange, half green, empty lines

Deleted
    Just dont bother about that stuff, nobody except yourself is interested in what you have done in past game.

Have you thought about switching to Prot or Holy?

7+ Year Old Account
    You deal with it, that is pretty much how it is done Either you take the rerolling as an incentive to go out and do it again or else you just live with that your new main character is not where your reputations and such stuff are not on.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Just deal with it. Back to back expansions of awfulness made me delete my hunter, despite 3 expansions of collecting rep, armor sets, bows, etc. My current entertainment is far more important than a historical record, especially in a game where your rep as a player really doesn't matter in the first place. Zero fucks given

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Just dont bother about that stuff, nobody except yourself is interested in what you have done in past game.
    But that is the whole point about your character, that you like it. Not that others do.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So. you cant play a class you dont have a CM set on? Seems wierd to me. I change main every raid patch.
    For you i would recomend having one char, that you have a legacy on, that you are online on and do things that you think is fun.
    But for Mythic+, mythics and rbgs, just play whats good.

Also, I dont really see how you can rule out your class from being useless in everything.

Mythic+ have made it so that not one class will be god with the buffs to mobs that come randomly.
    Mythic raids, well its only if you aim for top 50 world rankings that min maxing that much will be needed, and as you play ret, i highly doubt you are in a top 50 world guild.
    As for RBGs, I cant really say much, I played on 2.2k rating in Cata and MoP, and we used a ret pala from time to time (rets are also fine in 3v3 btw) but legion will be alot diffrent.

Legion is still in Beta, so ruling out that your class will be useless and unwanted is kinda dumb, wait until 110 and then see.

To add: you play a paladin, go tank (one of the best in legion beta atm) or healer (also really strong in legion beta, both raiding and mythic+)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But that is the whole point about your character, that you like it. Not that others do.
    Right, which means his only options are "Don't switch" or "Switch and do all that stuff you feel you need".

Deleted
    I min/maxed my Warlock for 8 years almost all recipes/reputations etc. But now I am maining my Protection Paladin (first main switch for me) for raids since my guild needed a tank and I decided to make that sacrifice. I will focus on my Paladin for raiding, but I will still continue on my Warlock to min/max proffesions and reputations etc. I do not think it is that hard to play two characters like this, I find it fun. I will get to experience the raids on my lock anyways with pugs and alt runs.

Hello,

Again maxing out ALL the reps. that I have on my pally is such an offputting task - it was painful enough to do it once...

Simple. I don't care about it. Cosmetics, while fun, cool, and time consuming, are completely optional. As for Reputations, I don't care about those as well. Unless it is required for something I need or want, I rarely spend any time doing reps. I am rerolling a DH after maining a Paladin since Vanilla. I will start with nothing, I will go back and do nothing unless there is a transmog I want. I just look at things going forward. I have never been upset about vending my raid epics or legendaries come the next expansion. Just keep moving forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Right, which means his only options are "Don't switch" or "Switch and do all that stuff you feel you need".
    That is it, that is the only actual option.

Hello,

Just play your Paladin... they'll be buffed where they need to be. Not playing your favorite character due to like 5-10% deficiencies or whatever is really, really dumb.