Poll: Should they give Li Li an Adult model

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    I thought she and Nomi were the same age. Either blizzard wanted to keep that model because it matches her Heroes of the Storm appearance or they plan on killing her off as a child to give it a more dramatic effect. That second thought seems overly dark now that I read it back though.
    Nomi was starting training to become a full-time cook when you first meet him. Li-Li is a pre-teen child in MoP. She's maybe as old now as Nomi was back then.

Long story short, Li-Li looks like a kid because she still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Actually the only change to Varian is his lack of shoulders and cape doing the Broken Shore, are you sure you aren't talking about Anduin?
    Yeah you got me. I meant Anduin. Bad OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Go read the magni comic that was released weeks ago
    I did several days ago. Did I miss something? I bet I just forgot the number of years that past. Because I'm forgetful as fuck. Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nomi was starting training to become a full-time cook when you first meet him. Li-Li is a pre-teen child in MoP. She's maybe as old now as Nomi was back then.

Long story short, Li-Li looks like a kid because she still is.
    I don't think Nomi training to be a cook says anything about his age one way or the other.

Li-Li was a tween in LK, as that's the time Pearl of Pandaria was stated to be, and 2-3* years passed between then and MoP. From MoP to Legion is 2 more years. That makes her at minimum 15 now, potentially up to 17.

*Actually, could have just been 1 year, so minimum 14.
    Last edited by Daniri; 2016-08-04 at 11:02 PM.

Sure, Anduin and Nomi have grown up a bit. Nomi's definitely not an adult in Legion, though. He's an extremely short Pandaren, alluding that he's a teenager or something. Li Li could be shown to be older, someday, but I doubt that'll be anytime soon.

Meanwhile, Moira's child is still an infant. The orphans from Children's Week have been the exact same for a decade. Yarlyn Amberstill has always been, uh, disproportionate. We're lucky that they made a separate model for Nightborne kids at all. Unique models for kids and teens aren't something they do often, and most races don't even have a model for kids or teens at all. If Li Li gets an older model, it'll be when she'll be in the picture more often, or be more important. Anduin has had a few models over the years, but he's in the lore a lot since Cataclysm. He's pretty much the only one to get unique models.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes, the unsavory fanart people need more fodder...

In all seriousness, they're likely keeping lili young because... well, she has a unique model and it's synonymous with her model in heroes of the storm. Anduin has his "dubious late teens/early 20s" appearance in both his old model, new model, and hearthstone iteration.

As far as Nomi goes, well... maybe he was older than Lili. Maybe being around all that food fattened him up. Who knows.
    Sir, or ma'am, if they gave her an older model, it would kill the motivation for that unsavory kind of fanart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Sir, or ma'am, if they gave her an older model, it would kill the motivation for that unsavory kind of fanart.
    Well heavens, we wouldn't want to deprive the world of its underage panda girl fan art...

Anyway, Lili's status as a... "lore important" character with a defined model makes her unlikely to be changed any time soon. Nomi is little more than a "notable name" that some players may or may not have come across, so giving him a more adult appearance doesn't really change that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    But OP was talking about REAL LIFE time. You're just helping my argument.

Maybe actually read the discussion next time before answering blindly.
    Real life time has no effect on Game time, even if 30 years pass for us, only 1 month can have happened in-game. You can't compare that. I'm not sure you even know what you are talking about, but it's nonsese.
    Thrall was around 18 when he became warchief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I would much rather they just kill her, no need for even more annoying and useless NPCs.
    I agree, which is why it's good that Li Li is awesome as hell. I'd say this statement should cover people instead, so, off with you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Li Li is like that little sister we wish we never had. It would be best if she remained in the past.
    Maybe for you, but for actual decent people with functioning brains, she is an amazing, and adorable character that we all like and would love to see more of. But hey, that's just us normal people!
    Do you really hate kids so much? then I hate to tell you, but used to be one yourself, if you still aren't. You opinion about kids reminds me of an immature teenager who just hates kids for no reason other then them being "annoying". Now i'm not saying you are one, but you act like it. Maybe once you've grown up you'll realize how amazing kids are.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2016-08-05 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real life time has no effect on Game time, even if 30 years pass for us, only 1 month can have happened in-game. You can't compare that. I'm not sure you even know what you are talking about, but it's nonsese.
    Thrall was around 18 when he became warchief.
    That was my point all along.
    Maybe actually read my post next time before answering blindly.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    That was my point all along.
    Maybe actually read my post next time before answering blindly.
    You were the one talking about Real Life time, and OP said nothing about that stuff, do you even know what you are saying cuz you are making no sense.
    Out of the blue you say that OP was talkign about Real Life Time, when he never did. you can't just make people say what you want them to just to "power" your argument!
    Maybe actually read peoples posts next time before answering blindly.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2016-08-05 at 06:47 PM.

Who gives a fuck about panda scum?

10+ Year Old Account
    You were the one talking about Real Life time, and OP said nothing about that stuff, do you even know what you are saying cuz you are making no sense.
    Out of the blue you say that OP was talkign about Real Life Time, when he never did. you can't just make people say what you want them to just to "power" your argument!
    Maybe actually read peoples posts next time before answering blindly.
    Go back and read my first post on it which you clearly didn't. Then some guy derailed it by talking about Thrall's age which is irrelevant.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    You misspelled Draenor.

ON topic, hopefully soon. If they update Anduin, they can do the same for Li Li.
    I'm on board for both.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

She doesn't need an adult model. My character looks as young and fit as she did more than 10 years ago: haven't aged a single day. It's a *fantasy* game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Not just a video game this is THE most epic and long lived MMO on the market despite what everyone may think of it in forums. In a cohesive story without little things like aging the story ends up full of holes and as about as interesting as Sims.

Anyway that's why I created the poll in the first place. I know this is how I feel but if the rest of the community on this forum site doesn't see this as a major break in the continuity or a flaw in storytelling I'll have my answer. So far it seems split but even that is surprising. I was hoping people got tired of a overly perky sidekick and wanted to see a successor to Chen emerge this expansion.
    The most epic? Maybe, to some for sure. The most long lived ? For sure not. There are many older mmos still running.

Lili has scoliosis and won't grow up anymore. She'll be the new Panda Yoda. Forever small, but kicking ass nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    that unsavory art already exists. also wow that poll balance!

At best, by Legion launch, LiLi should be about 10-12 or so. Basically, she's Panda Toph.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it seems bizarre that Monks are resorting to child soldiers... And vaguely offensive that one of the most notable lore-worthy monks they could ever think of is a 12-year-old.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Can we please leave all of Pandaria and its content abandoned?

Please?
    good expansion was good, wish they'd put a 2nd pandaria right next to the original and make it a 5 year expansion.

and then still watch you play it.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...