Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Possible solution to Shadow Dance stance using weakauras, needs tweaking.

Evening everyone

The weakaura below swaps to actionbar3 once Shadow Dance is active (you can also overlap Shadow Dance if you want) and swaps back to actionbar1 once Shadow Dance fades.

Now to the problem. I can only make it work out of combat and it works flawlessly.

I have Q bound to Ambush in actionbar1 and Shadowstrike on actionbar3, same keybind, works as intended just not in combat, sadly

I'm looking for someone with skills in lua coding, if someone can make it work in combat.

I know for a fact that EVERY sub rogue out there would appreciate it tremendously.

Any master LUA coder out there? Please help us rogues

Edit: You can manualy change actionbars in combat with this simple macro below but I can't figure out why the weakaura doesn't work in combat... I must forgotten to add something vital in the weakaura.

#showtooltip Shadow Dance
    /changeactionbar 3
    /cast Shadow Dance

Here is the string:
    Code:
    dKuThaGivfUKKsnkivoLQQAwQkDlvfTlPunmrYXuYYqINjPAAqsxtvv2gsv6BIimoPeDoPKSoivP7jLuhusQfks9qLstusYfLuSriLpIuvnsrKojKyLiPMjsv5MsjStv(PiQHkLshvkflfI8uQMQuDvLI2kKQQVIufnwjL0zHuvwlKQyUskXEj)fPmyrDyOwSK4XaMmqxwXMfHplfJgI60uSAKQWRvQMTQCBiSBj(nIHJslh0ZP00fUok2UsHVlIOXJKCEKkRxvL9JQ1sD5iKdkhuD5XqvG2d3yLFKYi3gyGDRB(n6wuKBdmWUfThUXk)iLrEfceCGBjpcuDDlDlDu0T0vx3shQ6s1(FkKdjboM(qvi)s(QrEfmWEdKWua3sEeO66w6sPJIUu6QRlLou1LQ9)ui3aqk0aipcuDDlDlDu0T0vx3shQ6wkKxbd3sEeO66w6w6OOlLU66sPdvDlfYTSy4EYjsyNa9PlL8hbdQU8a)MsOUCemVWOUcfYTSdG6YTMsZB0vxHCGh2AvxU1uAEJCKsM(3SgfYbnjsyayEbDQlhbZlmQRqHCigyuxocMxyuxHc5SBWg43uc1LJG5fg1vOqoJDOzzhaLwoK8g1LJG5fg1vOqoJDOb8WwRslpbgimKI6YrW8cJ6kuOqEyqmWTKhbQUULULok6w6QRBPdvDlfYHtJHu60XoYnaKICBGb2TkTCtXe0aiiyFtmG6wYJHQGboYt)m)(HHGYJHQansjKJg08JNBddgeIdmp37YTSy4UQipmigiAKsihnO5hp3ggmiehyEU3LJFSiJ1TKxHabhikf7e6wl5Ggl7dthkaKIok1PxkjrRKBdmWUTTetjKVTMRxdsYTSy4EYjsyNOw1LsoOXspykaHzJro(9KZucOPPzGQlhGXgeeYtWuacdPWZO7Fo18mpZZ88wKXLMPAGWqkPXW2IBg0T(NtnpZZ8mpdNGbw45aYmCQNcOc5yGWSX0HMMMb2cc4O7Zvk5Ggl7dtxFOkOVjriV2f5b000mq1Lh0XoYbySbbHCagBqqipbtbimKc6(NtnpZZ8mp)ia4hpt7lTV0(cqykXxAFP9L2xAFP9L2xl78EOufp3AEEZIjsZKib6(G9HPBGF89dhzmijj55QWfG5J)5zo18mpZZ8SjbpBzN3dLQ45w3AEE1Y)qLcfEoqEk8mNAEMN5zEMN5zEMN3ImU0mvdegsjng2wCZGU6)ZPMN5zEMN5zEMN5z4emWcphqMHtnpZZ8mppfqo1tbuoaJniiOf0XoYNnMsiF2ykHv(MhkDAvVjsvlhGXgee0q2aoYbySbbHc5XqvO0YTSy4EFOkyGJCukXatGbMAzl2gMstAmSw2eLp3ITHP0Kgd)0zXWD5viqWbMCIe2j09N8WGyGO9Wnw5hPmYTSy4E63uaBbbCKxDvvjVcgyhesy3sEeO66w6w6OOBPRUULou1LQ9)uih0yzFy68adSBLxBw52adSBrJuc5Obn)452WGbH4aZZ9U8WGyGkT8cdIo000mqRUL8kei4avf5viqWbwdyZi)iLrEfceCGU53OBrVYTSy4osKahgsPfeWrE1B2twUbGuOznGJCKqH(tAxEfceCGPXa7GqcR80pZVFyiip3jKxyyLBzXWD6Pbmqw3kLCllgUN0X0GCOREk5wwmChjsGddPOlLCBGb2TBjpcuDDlDlDu0T0vx3shQ6wkKhged0n)gDlkYnGYrI0WmOxE2rgdsssEUkCby45p8axaMpKBzXW9KAabNI8Rg0Fnijh0yzFy66dvbsMgKd51MvogimKIvD5MIjuxoiHgaJniiuffkKBzXW9TKhbQUULULok6w6QRBPdvDlfYTSy4EvJfhmWrvKtGMPe4WqkYtAYiHc6j5Rxn9jpgQc38B0TOiVcgIsbniPekTc5w5uANs7PAVvF2YpBAvlRpjbLeY3q3cvklfsa
    Last edited by soliddevil; 2016-08-05 at 02:23 PM. Reason: updated post

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/API_ChangeActionBarPage
    In the details section: "Do nothing in combat mode"

Guess you have to find a function that works in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by dnis View Post
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/API_ChangeActionBarPage
    In the details section: "Do nothing in combat mode"

Guess you have to find a function that works in combat.
    How come you can click the simple macro (I posted in the first post) in combat and it swaps to actionbar3? Test it for yourself and see, you can also swap back to actionbar1 manualy via a macro, again in combat.

That will be because of the API combat lockdown that prevents you from changing actionbars, opening and closing windows, etc programmatically during combat.

Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post
    How come you can click the simple macro (I posted in the first post) in combat and it swaps to actionbar3? Test it for yourself and see, you can also swap back to actionbar1 manualy via a macro, again in combat.
    Because the aura you linked did Not use /changeactionbar 3
    So kinda does not matter that you can swap action bars with macro command, if you use API command (which is blocked in combat) in the aura.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just drop stealth bars all together and macro everything; so all abilities you could need are usable anytime.

Its not like you don't have the space anymore these days..

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Or just drop stealth bars all together and macro everything; so all abilities you could need are usable anytime.

Can't macro around Shadow Dance anymore.

I will flay your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Can't macro around Shadow Dance anymore.
    You don't macro around stealth. You macro stuff all around. You don't need more than 10 keys anymore.

That's my whole point, taking away the need for stance bars.

They have always been rather slow anyway, if you were hammering your keys you could use nonstealth abilities accidentially.
    Doing away with stance bars fixes that issue by eliminating it from existence.

You don't macro around stealth. You macro stuff all around. You don't need more than 10 keys anymore.

They have always been rather slow anyway, if you were hammering your keys you could use nonstealth abilities accidentially.
    Sounds like a good problem to have if your latency is that good.

I agree with you though, with the removal of so many spells its not a big deal just using different binds. You shouldn't have too and blizzard are fucksticks for making this retarded change. But yea....just going to have to roll with the punches on this one rogues.

I've already done that in wod, so I didn't have any problem with this new SD bar change. I wish they would get rid of the stealth bar too..

So many people put so much effort into swapping two abilites, when in reality you can just put ss in the place of gouge/premeditation/preparation/etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    I've already done that in wod, so I didn't have any problem with this new SD bar change. I wish they would get rid of the stealth bar too..

So many people put so much effort into swapping two abilites, when in reality you can just put ss in the place of gouge/premeditation/preparation/etc...
    You can rid of the stealthbar yourself by just using the exact same buttons as you do outside of stealth?

It'll still switch, but it won't actually do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Sounds like a good problem to have if your latency is that good.

I agree with you though, with the removal of so many spells its not a big deal just using different binds. You shouldn't have too and blizzard are fucksticks for making this retarded change. But yea....just going to have to roll with the punches on this one rogues.
    I can feel anything over 30ms, I generally have between 9 and 25. So thankfully I'm just about in the green.

You can rid of the stealthbar yourself by just using the exact same buttons as you do outside of stealth?

It'll still switch, but it won't actually do anything.
    Exactly. I had every single abilities on my bars at all time and I still have in Legion.

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shadow Dance
    /changeactionbar 2
    /in 5 /changeactionbar 1

This is the closer I could get...
    This works with slashin addon But unfortunately this only works out of combat

Another idea was to changeactionbar based on aura (instead of stance). I've been thinking that WeakAura detects auras, and addons like paging are able to changeactionbar, so one could be able to mix it... but I'm not able to do it myself.

Exactly. It's actually better for gameplay not to have these stance macros.

First thing I did when the patch dropped was tried to merge backstab and SS and it was apparent within 2 minutes that it was a horrible idea as squeezing in one last SS at the end of dance would result in wasting energy in a backstab.

Deleted

Do you guys even realize that not every rogue like to fight again stupid scripts, prefer fight against real people and need reactivity more that energy optimization ?

Now stop speaking in the wind and start being a little factual.
    I DO need more than 10 keys, and I need every of these keys to be reachable in less that 50ms.

Counting keys
    Speaking generaly, for standard length fingers, I can bind those keys :
    1 / 2 / 3 / 4
    F1 / F2 / F3 / F4
    A / E / R / F / T / G

Add a modifier, this leads to 28 keys.
    I said only one modifier because I use one modifier for targetting focus, and another one for targetting mouseover.

Now, counting skills
    Utilities :
    - Stealth
    - Evade
    - Vanish
    - Cos
    - Trinket
    - Feint
    - Sprint
    - Ingeneer sprint
    - Ingeneer fly
    - Blind
    - Kick
    - Racial
    - Crimson Vial

Offensive
    - ShadowStep
    - Shadow Dance
    - Shadow blades
    - Shurikens
    - Sinister Strike
    - Nightblade
    - Kidney Shot
    - Eviscerate
    - Shadow Strike
    - Cheap Shot
    - Symbols of Death
    - Sap
    - Auto-sap macro
    - Disctraction

Others
    - /assist macro
    - call inc macro
    - Healthstone
    - Bandage

Just like this (and I'm voluntarily forgetting some), this leads to 31.
    For example, I could add other targetting macros. Like /focus or /arenaX.

Conclusion

Ok your right => they're killing this game, we have less than half of the spells we use to have, blablabla.

This doesn't invalidate the need of a stealth bar.
    Shadow Dance give stealth abilities.
    => Why on earth wouldn't this lead to a stealth bar ?

This guy made a post to find a solution to a trouble.
    You pve-rotation-while-asleep guys don't have this trouble => that's good for you.
    Now let us find a solution to the, still existing, trouble.
    Last edited by mmocf3217bd54d; 2016-08-07 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimayra View Post
    Ok your right => they're killing this game, we have less than half of the spells we use to have, blablabla.

This doesn't invalidate the need of a stealth bar.
    Shadow Dance give stealth abilities.
    => Why on earth wouldn't this lead to a stealth bar ?

You pve-rotation-while-asleep guys don't have this trouble => that's good for you.
    You don't need to debate the situation with the current stealth bar issue. They won't change it. Read all the complains in the Legion Beta feedback and their answers.

There is no way to script arround without external help. The API does not allow you to do the stuff you need to do for a solution. With other words it is impossible.
    Last edited by muffz; 2016-08-07 at 12:49 PM. Reason: free time

10+ Year Old Account
    A key with a modifier is still 1 key. I rest my case. I also played PvP for the better portion of my time in this game.

And psst, don't take everything so literally.

At one point in time somewhere around LK and Cata I had 85 keybinds including modifiers.
    Then 31 (which you can, literally, bind over 10 keys) is a saving grace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muffz View Post
    You don't need to debate the situation with the current stealth bar issue. They won't change it. Read all the complains in the Legion Beta feedback and their answers.

There is no way to script arround without external help. The API does not allow you to do the stuff you need to do for a solution. With other words it is impossible.
    I'm precisely not trying to debate this. The author seems to think it's a problem. I share this POV, and I'm trying to find solutions.

Allright. Missinterpreted it.

[...]
    Let me ask you one question:

Other than bs-ss, which abilities would you like to replace when you enter stealth/sd?

Btw you don't have sinister strike as a sub rogue.