Deleted

Fury of the illidari macro issues

hey guys,

so usually you're able to combine artifact traits with spells. for instance: avatar + worldbreaker = big dmg.

since fury of the illidari is an aoe with 3 sec duration, it'd be nice to line it up immediately with chaos nova. However, doesnt work and I cant figure out why. artifact traits are off the gcd so that cant be the issue. macro also seems about right

/cast chaos nova
    /cast fury of the illidari

done. Any of you guys have an idea what the issue could be? it's not even possible to stack with nemesis (for testing purpose only). is it bugged? ;/

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought both those abilities were on the GCD?

Edit - looks like Fury is off GCD but CN is, maybe try putting Fury before CN in cast order?
    Last edited by ChakanDH; 2016-08-05 at 02:05 AM.
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

Are you sure Fury of the Illidari is off the GCD?

Last time I checked it consumed a GCD.

Deleted
    damnit it is on gcd while wowhead states it's off. sucks
    mb

Yep. Its on the GCD and feels clunky as hell since most other artifact traits are not.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

If you want, you can tie it in with either vengeful retreat, or fel rush(though it only seems to trigger from the 2nd charge if you have 2 charges available)
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

Deleted
    na, the idea is to get the most benefit in terms of dmg output from the trait. chaos nova provides just that with the stun duration of 5 secs. but yeah, clunky af chaos novaing first, traiting second. and yes most traits are off the gcd. should get changes asap. wonder nobody pointed that out before?

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    na, the idea is to get the most benefit in terms of dmg output from the trait. chaos nova provides just that with the stun duration of 5 secs. but yeah, clunky af chaos novaing first, traiting second. and yes most traits are off the gcd. should get changes asap. wonder nobody pointed that out before?
    What do you mean by most traits?

Of four specs I tested (Fire Mage, MM Hunter, Vengeance DH, Havoc DH), all of them had the trait in the GCD being an active skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    What do you mean by most traits?

Of four specs I tested (Fire Mage, MM Hunter, Vengeance DH, Havoc DH), all of them had the trait in the GCD being an active skill.

I tested a few Enhances is off the GCD BM hunt, Survival Hunt are both off. Most of them are on the GCD though ele sham/ resto sham are, all 3 priests are, MM hunt Unholy DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    artifact traits are off the gcd so that cant be the issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    I tested a few Enhances is off the GCD BM hunt, Survival Hunt are both off. Most of them are on the GCD though ele sham/ resto sham are, all 3 priests are, MM hunt Unholy DK.
    Enhance is a buff, BM is a passive pet (unless you mean Titan's Thunder or w/e?), SV is on-GCD/channeled... So, eh?

OP, any non-buff/passive artifact ability is on-GCD from what I've seen. So you cannot macro them. If you're duelling, then just place it down during the last half-second of Imprison.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-08-05 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Enhance is a buff, BM is a passive pet, SV is on-GCD/channeled... So, eh?

OP, any non-buff/passive artifact ability is on-GCD from what I've seen. So you cannot macro them. If you're duelling, then just place it down during the last half-second of Imprison.

Survival is a channel yes but I can start channeling it during the GCD of other abilities so it is not on the GCD also BM hunters get an active ability that causes their pets to damage their target with electricity as one of their gold traits and I was talking about that since it is an ability you must use. Every class gets at least one active ability from their Artifact some just come from Gold traits instead of the one you get for free.