Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    There will never be a leader. Someone would have to take responsibility for the idiots and no one wants to lose the deniability of "It's just a hashtag, not a group" which people use to excuse everything negative done.
    Simply put it sound shitty but if one person was in charge or one group they could quite swiftly on day 1 expel the others and proclaim them nothing to do with the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    So current info on UK death in custody events

Minority deaths - http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics...police-custody

All deaths - http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics...police-custody

Basics minorities killed by police since 1990 = 156

Total deaths via police since 1990 = 1563
    As I pointed out above, statistically you are less likely to die in police custody as an ethnic minority in the UK than as a white British person.

This whole protest makes no sense to the point that #WhiteBritishLivesMatter makes more sense.

this whole discussion is unreal. Do you people even realize what you're saying.

I think you should try putting yourself in black person's situation , go live among them - if you genuinely care, try to actually understand their struggles and their lives. It is not the same as your. It's different for them. Try and understand why they are really upset by what's going on..rather than railroad and dismiss them because it's inconceneient to you to see people protesting.

BLM is totally over exaggerated, but there are some real issues in society that need to be listened to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think you should try putting yourself in black person's situation , go live among them...
    Where do you think black people in Britain live? Outer Hebrides?

Deleted

I think you should try putting yourself in black person's situation , go live among them - if you genuinely care, try to actually understand their struggles and their lives. It is not the same as your. It's different for them. Try and understand why they are really upset by what's going on..rather than railroad and dismiss them because it's inconceneient to you to see people protesting.

BLM is totally over exaggerated, but there are some real issues in society that need to be listened to.
    2 black men have been killed by British police in the last 5 years and one of those was a known drug dealer with a handgun, this is an excuse for jobless idiots not to go job hunting for a few weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    2 black men have been killed by British police in the last 5 years and one of those was a known drug dealer with a handgun, this is an excuse for jobless idiots not to go job hunting for a few weeks/months.
    jobless? idiots? is this some well informed assessment?

All life human is valuable and important. Injustice and indifference isn't a good thing or the right thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Where do you think black people in Britain live? Outer Hebrides?
    That's what you got from my statement?

Deleted
    jobless? idiots? is this some well informed assessment?

All life human is valuable and important. Injustice and indifference isn't a good thing or the right thing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what you got from my statement?
    2 in 5 years, think about it. Its hardly a massacre is it? And yes, anyone blocking the road with their own body is an idiot.

2 in 5 years, think about it. Its hardly a massacre is it? And yes, anyone blocking the road with their own body is an idiot.
    So they should riot instead and shoot policemen? or just suffer in silence, poor noble souls.

And going back to the stats info I linked earlier there's been 11 shootings of minorities since 1990. So 11 minorities in 26 years killed in police shootings, which is basically nothing. Really doesn't seem to need a protest movement.

Deleted
    So they should riot instead and shoot policemen? or just suffer in silence, poor noble souls.
    Or maybe go back home because the issues blacks have in the USA do not apply to the UK, they have no reason to complain since we do not have the same racial tension.

I'll consider it when leadership is formed and idiots are purged.

So, never.

Or maybe go back home because the issues blacks have in the USA do not apply to the UK, they have no reason to complain since we do not have the same racial tension.
    UK and USA are like a older sibling and younger sibling

10+ Year Old Account
    What are they going to shoot policemen with?

I'll consider it when leadership is formed and idiots are purged.

So, never.
    you clearly think very highly of yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    And going back to the stats info I linked earlier there's been 11 shootings of minorities since 1990. So 11 minorities in 26 years killed in police shootings, which is basically nothing. Really doesn't seem to need a protest movement.
    Not all of those 11 minorities shot were of course black, e.g. one was Jean Charles De Menezes, the notorious Brazilian fare dodger, who was white.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not all of those 11 minorities shot were of course black, e.g. one was Jean Charles De Menezes, the notorious Brazilian fare dodger, who was white.
    They take fare dodging really seriously.

you clearly think very highly of yourself.
    I guess I do. Despite being over multiple times for legit violations, I've never been treated Poorly by the police despite being black. Must be because I'm not antagonistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They take fare dodging really seriously.
    Capital offence in the capital.

Renew your Oyster card, avoid getting shot.

I guess I do. Despite being over multiple times for legit violations, I've never been treated Poorly by the police despite being black. Must be because I'm not antagonistic.
    and I'm not.

and I'm not.
    If only more people were instead of getting indignant for being pulled over.