Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Does anyone else want Alliance + Horde + Azeroth Heros to FAIL against the Legion?

After we kill Kil'Jadaen Sargeras shows up and just annihilates us. Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?

And we get to "start over"? Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    And we get to "start over"? Seems legit.
    Perfect way for Blizz to get rid of artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Perfect way for Blizz to get rid of artifacts.
    Perfect way to solve the pristine server bullshit and let everyone have their eternal vanilla servers.

Don't cut yourself on that edge, Mr. 'My color is black'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alefnir View Post
    Don't cut yourself on that edge, Mr. 'My color is black'
    Hey man, mono black is always super fun to draft.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, let us take big losses but wanting to lose is a bit too edgy for me.

Sargeras cleaves the planet in two and sends one half to back to vanilla time and one continues on its path as it is right now.

I'm all up for it. The game needs to do something radical, even if it means that we'll lose all capital cities and having to rebuild a new one on some new planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? I Would LOVE this concept.. Not necessarily of us getting 'Annihilated' but moreso us Losing. So far every catastrophic event from War of the ancients, Lich King, to Deathwing we've emerged victorious. I would like to see the Heroes lose for a change, and try to restablish ourselves in a broken defeated world ruled by the legion. It would be a very unique change of pace and keep the hype rolling after Legion is finished. Realistically I'm curious whats next after Legion. I mean from the looks of the current questing parts, we have the emerald nightmare, we have Ashara content possible in the future, with N'zoth maybe? And with the prime focus of this xpac being The Burning Legion itself, What else is left?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!... No.
    But then I don't play the game despite being tired of it. Losses? Sure. Damage and lasting changes to the world? Sure, but hell no to a "restart" just to satisfy the edgelords that don't want to play WoW but still want to play WoW...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-05 at 10:56 PM.

if the story is good enough then sure.

What if the glimpse into the future we got in the Anduin comic (we moving the war to Argus) is us having to leave Azeroth because we did lose and have to fight Legion at their home planet to actually kill them. Totally possible at this point.

Deleted
    It'd be neato.

7+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. I rather not fail because in a MMO it wouldn't be show in a significant way. The story may say we "failed" but the game world wouldn't show it. So what would be the point.

I'd be down with a Cataclysm II type of situation where the old old world is still around but after 110 you play in a decimated, rebuilding azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    No thanks. I rather not fail because in a MMO it wouldn't be show in a significant way. The story may say we "failed" but the game world wouldn't show it. So what would be the point.
    I think the point is that they'd show it in a significant way which is very possible.

Deleted
    Sargeras sending us back in time would be cool. Like we drive him to the point where he has to do it.

Deleted
    I'd like us to fail against the Legion this expansion (in The Broken Isles) but I'd want us to success when we go to Argus.

Deleted
    some losses ok, full on failing not really.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the point is that they'd show it in a significant way which is very possible.[/QUOTE]

It's not possible to do that unless they did another big change like the Cataclysm. They could do that i guess but for what? A game world where 90% of the npcs are dead? This is the Legion, if we fail there will be no stopping them.