Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh, I'm not against consequences. If you look back at my first post, you'll see this hinges on them actually believing they were fired upon and fuck em if that was their choice of words are to make them look innocent. At worst, if nothing scummy at play, they panicked and made a bad judgement call. Get em for that.
    Agreed, they broke policy when they fired upon him in the direction of other officers and their mistakes led to them believing that the suspect has a gun.

That's all on them and in no way, shape, or form excuses their shooting of him for mistakenly believing he had a gun because they were fucking shooting at each other.

But, nope. Cops are just waiting to shoot black people. And it's always unjustified.
    I've never said any of this (nor has anyone else in this thread), but you're free to continue making shit up if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Agreed, they broke policy when they fired upon him in the direction of other officers and their mistakes led to them believing that the suspect has a gun.

That's all on them and in no way, shape, or form excuses their shooting of him for mistakenly believing he had a gun because they were fucking shooting at each other.

I've never said any of this (nor has anyone else in this thread), but you're free to continue making shit up if you'd like.
    And I never called you a liberal. Funny.

Oh, and the fact he was unarmed is not going to earn sympathy. He stole something important to someone else. He recklessly drove. He rimmed and nearly ran over the cops to avoid his consequences. He died as a result of his stupidity. That's not a person with potential. That is someone willing to risk their life to avoid consequences.

Theft shouldn't instantly end in death, even felony theft. Good thing he wasn't shot for that. I don't care if they shoot someone and throw down the gun. If they got killed, the cops will be punished if they fucked up. But there should be no sympathy for what they did. Shit like that is up there with saying how you should sympathize with a home invader because he wanted to go to school.

Oh, and the fact he was unarmed is not going to earn sympathy. He stole something important to someone else.
    Grounds for jail time, not death.

He recklessly drove.
    Also grounds for jail time, no death.

He rimmed and nearly ran over the cops to avoid his consequences.
    Again, more jail time, not death.

He died as a result of his stupidity. That's not a person with potential. That is someone willing to risk their life to avoid consequences.
    He died as a result of police not following procedures, leading to confusion about whether or not he was armed (he wasn't!), leading to body camera's "mysteriously" turning off at the time of his death, leading to the realization that they'd killed an unarmed suspect.

I'm not a fan of someone who is willing to steal and risk harming others by any means, but that's not justification for killing them.

Theft shouldn't instantly end in death, even felony theft. Good thing he wasn't shot for that. I don't care if they shoot someone and throw down the gun. If they got killed, the cops will be punished if they fucked up.
    Spoilers: They fucked up here.

But there should be no sympathy for what they did. Shit like that is up there with saying how you should sympathize with a home invader because he wanted to go to school.
    I agree, and if he was arrested and ended up rotting in jail, I'd have no sympathy for him. But the fact that police killed him due to mistakes on their end leading to confusion is the issue here, not whether or not one has sympathy for the suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two officers opened fire at O’Neal while he was still in the Jaguar,
    I would say that's a pretty big red flag right there, but after seeing the video I can't blame them. The dude charged right at them after they got out of their police car. That's assault with a motor vehicle. He was willing to run through them to get away.

As for the shooting afterward, I can't say. I won't lose any sleep over it though.

Grounds for jail time, not death.

Also grounds for jail time, no death.

Again, more jail time, not death.

He died as a result of police not following procedures, leading to confusion about whether or not he was armed (he wasn't!), leading to body camera's "mysteriously" turning off at the time of his death, leading to the realization that they'd killed an unarmed suspect.

I'm not a fan of someone who is willing to steal and risk harming others by any means, but that's not justification for killing them.

Spoilers: They fucked up here.

I agree, and if he was arrested and ended up rotting in jail, I'd have no sympathy for him. But the fact that police killed him due to mistakes on their end leading to confusion is the issue here, not whether or not one has sympathy for the suspect.
    Congrats. Punish the cops. Toss the waste in a grave. Console the family members. (Only people I'll ever consider sympathy for in scenarios like this. And some say something stupid to lose that, occasionally.) This is now a nothing story.

But, since a black guy was shot. Another confusing martyr as a perfect excuse to be disruptive in the streets for uncouth individuals.

lol, i fell very sad for the cop that before throw himself under an escaping cars, then his partner start to shot casually , luckily he was full of adrenalin D:

however yours cops are mad, i dont know if the bigger miracle is the guy dont run over nobody or cops dont shot anybody :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't using the vehicle to almost run over a cop considered to be using the vehicle as a weapon against the police? Because let's be serious, reckless driving =/= hitting a human being with a vehicle.

Congrats. Punish the cops.
    When they fuck up, especially when that fuck up leads to someone being killed, you're damn straight. They don't get to "oops" their way out of shit just because they're cops.

Toss the waste in a grave. Console the family members. (Only people I'll ever consider sympathy for in scenarios like this. And some say something stupid to lose that, occasionally.) This is now a nothing story.
    This is a very important story. It's highlighting ongoing issues within police forces where cops do not follow procedures/guidelines, leading to mistakes that can sometimes end up killing someone. This man deserved a harsh jail sentence, not death.

But, since a black guy was shot. Another confusing martyr as a perfect excuse to be disruptive in the streets for uncouth individuals.
    Don't give a shit who gets shot, if they're shot wrongfully there should be consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by zetti View Post
    Isn't using the vehicle to almost run over a cop considered to be using the vehicle as a weapon against the police? Because let's be serious, reckless driving =/= hitting a human being with a vehicle.
    Generally, yes. But that's not grounds to shoot the suspect once he has fled the vehicle, that's grounds to charge him with attempted murder/assault with a deadly weapon.

When they fuck up, especially when that fuck up leads to someone being killed, you're damn straight. They don't get to "oops" their way out of shit just because they're cops.

This is a very important story. It's highlighting ongoing issues within police forces where cops do not follow procedures/guidelines, leading to mistakes that can sometimes end up killing someone. This man deserved a harsh jail sentence, not death.

Don't give a shit who gets shot, if they're shot wrongfully there should be consequences.

Generally, yes. But that's not grounds to shoot the suspect once he has fled the vehicle, that's grounds to charge him with attempted murder/assault with a deadly weapon.
    There won't be any wrongdoing or police going to prison here. There was a chase on the i5 a few days ago. Guy drove for about 2 hours on freeways from LA and ended up stopping his car in san onofre area. He cooperated with police and he was never shot. HE STOLE A CAR TOO.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-08-06 at 01:58 AM.

Like blocking highways for people that are unrelated and delaying ambulancestrying to assist people? That's a great consequence for the cops, like looting businesses and cutting fire hoses.

No one cares about the actual issue of inconsistent training standards and bad choices getting through the testing processes. All that matters is that it happened to a black person. That is the only thing that will matter to BLM before going back to claiming to be hunted in the streets. This is the only part politicians will focus on instead of discussing something like a federal standard of training and encouraging community rebuilding.

If the issue people really wanted fixed was police brutality and handling in general, a national uproar should have happened over a cop tazing a man for nearly half a minute in the heart and then dropping his body ragdoll on the pavement and causing his head to slam of the curb. But, no gun and white victim. No one cares.

Like blocking highways for people that are unrelated and delaying ambulancestrying to assist people? That's a great consequence for the cops, like looting businesses and cutting fire hoses.
    ...what does that have to do with anything I posted? Also, it's something I disagree strongly with. I'm all for peaceful protests, including protests that may cause inconveniences to folks. But when it can potentially hold up emergency vehicles or cause folks to lose their jobs, that's crossing the line.

No one cares about the actual issue of inconsistent training standards and bad choices getting through the testing processes.
    Nobody? I don't know, I've seen it discussed pretty often in discussions about police shootings, usually referring to the lack of funding many police departments deal with that causes this.

Also, not sure where this is all coming from as none of this has been brought up so far in this thread.

All that matters is that it happened to a black person.
    According to you, I've never mentioned race. Unless you're transitioning to a broader discussion.

That is the only thing that will matter to BLM before going back to claiming to be hunted in the streets. This is the only part politicians will focus on instead of discussing something like a federal standard of training and encouraging community rebuilding.
    So did you just want to complain about BLM and my post was a good excuse or something?

If the issue people really wanted fixed was police brutality and handling in general, a national uproar should have happened over a cop tazing a man for nearly half a minute in the heart and then dropping his body ragdoll on the pavement and causing his head to slam of the curb. But, no gun and white victim. No one cares.
    Are you talking about Bryce Masters? Because there was media attention and some outrage over it. But the difference is that there's the same kind of pattern of police engaging in this behavior as there is of police shooting unarmed black men.

Also, if white people (spoilers, I'm a white dude!) were so upset about it, why the hell didn't they get out to protest in great numbers like BLM folks have?

Because it's not as fucking important to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    well thats what happens when your a pos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about Bryce Masters? Because there was media attention and some outrage over it. But the difference is that there's the same kind of pattern of police engaging in this behavior as there is of police shooting unarmed black men.
    But this pattern isn't real. It's fabricated by media. Unarmed whites who are not violent criminals are 22% more likely to be shot than the same blacks.

Also, if white people (spoilers, I'm a white dude!) were so upset about it, why the hell didn't they get out to protest in great numbers like BLM folks have?

Because of this media shitstorm. And white people don't self-identify by ethnicity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    But this pattern isn't real. It's fabricated by media. Unarmed whites who are not violent criminals are 22% more likely to be shot than the same blacks.

Because of this media shitstorm. And white people don't self-identify by ethnicity.
    And because someone will doubt this:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/pol...y-says-8564441

“In the raw data, blacks are 21.3 percent more likely to be involved in an interaction with police in which at least a weapon is drawn than whites,”
    Using a sample of these records, Fryer sought to discover what happened in scenarios wherein police deadly force was justified, but not used. He found that Houston officers were about 20 percent less likely to fire at black suspects than at white suspects.

...what does that have to do with anything I posted? Also, it's something I disagree strongly with. I'm all for peaceful protests, including protests that may cause inconveniences to folks. But when it can potentially hold up emergency vehicles or cause folks to lose their jobs, that's crossing the line.

Nobody? I don't know, I've seen it discussed pretty often in discussions about police shootings, usually referring to the lack of funding many police departments deal with that causes this.

Also, not sure where this is all coming from as none of this has been brought up so far in this thread.

According to you, I've never mentioned race. Unless you're transitioning to a broader discussion.

So did you just want to complain about BLM and my post was a good excuse or something?

Because no one is pushing the lie that cops are out to get them for existing. That's an important distinction you avoided to sound smart.

You talked about consequences. The actual consequence would be termination or incarceration. Then, a bunch of idiots, whether the shooting is justified or not, go out and cause trouble for unrelated people. That's a huge consequence of the games being played.

BLM is supposedly about brutality and not just black victims. Not a fucking sound about Bryce. I can only imagine why. I also wonder why people expect things to get better while ignoring this. But I guess I need to live with constant disappointment as people use criminals as rallying figures.

And I never called you a liberal. Funny.

Oh, and the fact he was unarmed is not going to earn sympathy. He stole something important to someone else. He recklessly drove. He rimmed and nearly ran over the cops to avoid his consequences. He died as a result of his stupidity. That's not a person with potential. That is someone willing to risk their life to avoid consequences.

Theft shouldn't instantly end in death, even felony theft. Good thing he wasn't shot for that. I don't care if they shoot someone and throw down the gun. If they got killed, the cops will be punished if they fucked up. But there should be no sympathy for what they did. Shit like that is up there with saying how you should sympathize with a home invader because he wanted to go to school.

the amount of police brutality excuses some folks are willing to do is just shocking

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Nothing of value was lost.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Let's face it, it's Chicago. Cops killing a criminal in Chicago is like terrorists terrorizing someone, it'll happen sooner or later.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    This! Always this! /end thread
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    I like all the people saying "stop breaking the law" and shit like that.

As if stealing is now worthy of depriving someone of their trial, and sending them straight to their execution . . .

Obviously the kid deserved to be arrested. But this is America, he also deserved his day in court.
    Putin khuliyo