Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    img
    you should definitly go for less fonts! i counted 4 different ones? Pixelfont, Chat, WeakAuras and Combat-Text.

Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    you should definitly go for less fonts! i counted 4 different ones? Pixelfont, Chat, WeakAuras and Combat-Text.

think i changed everything to the same one now
    thanks for the feedback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    I say everyone has gotta start somewhere. I even used X-Perl at one point :^)
    Everybody used X-Perl at one point, but that's also just one simple unit frames addon. You had a lot more variety with things like X-Perl and Dominos back in the day, ElvUI is very redundant and a lot of the UI's look incredibly similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    a lot of the UI's look incredibly similar.
    Only because people aren't modifying the base very much. You can change quite a lot about ElvUI.

Deleted
    Everybody used X-Perl at one point, but that's also just one simple unit frames addon. You had a lot more variety with things like X-Perl and Dominos back in the day, ElvUI is very redundant and a lot of the UI's look incredibly similar.
    We've had all possible variants of this discussion in this thread many times already. Just let people post any UI as long as it's what they're using. It's not worth trying to stop them.

If nothing else, you might notice if you look closer that most of the non-ElvUI ones are really quite similar in many ways as well, and where are you going to draw the line? (And I realize you personally didn't call for all ElvUI posts to be banished forever, but sometimes people do.)
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2016-08-06 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat mixed feelings with reduced spells/abilities. But it does offer a cleaner UI. Lot of good examples in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    We've had all possible variants of this discussion in this thread many times already. Just let people post any UI as long as it's what they're using. It's not worth trying to stop them.

If nothing else, you might notice if you look closer that most of the non-ElvUI ones are really quite similar in many ways as well, and where are you going to draw the line? (And I realize you personally didn't call for all ElvUI posts to be banished forever, but sometimes people do.)
    I would draw the line at UI's where if I look at them I don't have to ask myself, "Why is this worthy of my gaze?" I always felt that "Post Your UI" meant show it off because its unique in some way. But what do I know? I am not the internet police. One day though...

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    I would draw the line at UI's where if I look at them I don't have to ask myself, "Why is this worthy of my gaze?" I always felt that "Post Your UI" meant show it off because its unique in some way. But what do I know? I am not the internet police. One day though...
    I feel like you'd have WAAAY less activity in this thread if that were the case. I think it's pretty obvious which UIs are designed for function in endgame raiding and which are design to be unique or creative designs and nice to look at. Of course there's some happy medium in there somewhere, but I'd say a lot of what's posted is very much function over form.

Quote Originally Posted by Hova10 View Post
    Downloaded your ui, however, some things are different than these pics you posted. The unitframes are way larger, the map is sitting on the top right corner instead of where it is on these pics, and the data texts/panels, are on top centered, and not on the bottom like these pics...

Have you changed your ui but forgot to update it on wowinterface by any chance?

P.S-can't link the images of your post due to post limitation here on mmo-champ...
    i will update my UI n few days

15+ Year Old Account
    A little more progress on my default feeling UI.

Tiny tweaks here and there. For example, I fixed the centering of the target's level text. You can compare that to the default look on the player frame which I have yet to do.

Need to change texture on raid frames. Need to think about buffs/debuffs at the bottom, seem a little too plain but don't have any ideas for how to improve and keep somewhat default flavor.

Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post

Tiny tweaks here and there. For example, I fixed the centering of the target's level text. You can compare that to the default look on the player frame which I have yet to do.

Need to change texture on raid frames. Need to think about buffs/debuffs at the bottom, seem a little too plain but don't have any ideas for how to improve and keep somewhat default flavor.

[snip]
    I personally would make a fitting button texture for all buttons, something consistent but still blizzard like. If you know what I mean. Except of that, I really, really like that.
    oh, honey.

Changed my action bars a little bit, going with something similar to what I had a few years back.

IMAGE REMOVED

As a side note, it's kind of funny how a large number of posts in this thread can be summarized to "here's my ElvUI set up!"
    Hehehe.. My toughts exactly. But so many people are using elvUI so i guess people want to see slighty different UI's :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Font should be Expressway.
    It is indeed thank you.

On my setup though it looks less crisp and I can't figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post

This is so good OOMM!! Will you make it avaliable for download once done?

I'm just testing an idea i had in my head.. actionbars are hidden while OOC same goes for the "unitframe" even though the unitframe is just the new frame in 7.0.3..

The health numbers are mine on the left and target on the right, these are also hidden while OOC.

I don't know how practical this one will be, but this is the idea i had the second i knew about the new "unitframe" underneath my character..

@Lyn, is there alot of coding involved doing this? As i'm using your UI as base, because it looks amazing. Moving the map i think is prett easy, but the questlog/buffs and actionbars might give me a challenge.

And how would i do the healthnumbers etc :S ?
    Last edited by mikkis2k; 2016-08-06 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    It is indeed thank you.

On my setup though it looks less crisp and I can't figure out why.
    it depends on which unit frame addon you're using. the font outline looks like crap on shadowed unit frames/elv ui frames without lua tweaking to remove the drop shadow. im using Stuf

You should look at the last screenshot I posted in this thread. My minimap, buffs and questlog are positioned as yours.

Why not just create 2 strings in ouf as player frame?
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    You should look at the last screenshot I posted in this thread. My minimap, buffs and questlog are positioned as yours.

Why not just create 2 strings in ouf as player frame?
    Ah, thats right! You changed the layout

Is there a guide on how to do the strings? I've never used oUF... i used STUF or Pitbull etc for my frames in mu uis..

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    it depends on which unit frame addon you're using. the font outline looks like crap on shadowed unit frames/elv ui frames without lua tweaking to remove the drop shadow. im using Stuf
    I am using STUF as well but I have some shadow showing. I will try to post a screen later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I am using STUF as well but I have some shadow showing. I will try to post a screen later.
    Here it is. The font looks a bit off but maybe it's just me?