Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Well, yes? Depending on what you've done as a scummy criminal, then sometimes that means getting shot at.
    Don't do stupid shit, don't get shot at and be the reason why you endanger others. Simple, right?
    Well we're talking about a specific crime here, fleeing in a stolen vehicle. Hardly worth a firing squad. Did you actually see the videos? One fine officer decides its a bright idea to jump in front of a moving vehicle. Another shows that the kid merely bumped a squad car, then the officer decided to open fire which I can only guess is because the kid was getting away. You're not allowed to execute someone just because they're getting away.

If I was the captain I would fire the one that jumped in front of the care because he obviously isn't bright enough to look out for his own wellbeing, let alone the wellbeing of others

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Actually, no. As an officer of law, you're only obligated to fire your weapon if there is a direct and immediate threat to someone's life. This means that you cannot fire at someone who is trying to run away from you. The reason is, you can hit innocent bystanders. Even if you don't see innocent bystanders, you're still not allowed to fire because you cannot completely anticipate the path of the bullet that you fire, especially in an on-the-run situation.
    It doesn't matter if it's not allowed or not, it still happens.
    And the only reason this happened, is because the kid was a criminal and stole a car while endangering lives.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    And the only reason this happened, is because the kid was a criminal and stole a car while endangering lives.
    Which isn't justification for the officer to break the law either.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Well we're talking about a specific crime here, fleeing in a stolen vehicle. Hardly worth a firing squad. Did you actually see the videos? One fine officer decides its a bright idea to jump in front of a moving vehicle. Another shows that the kid merely bumped a squad car, then the officer decided to open fire which I can only guess is because the kid was getting away. You're not allowed to execute someone just because they're getting away.
    My point is - Law abiding citizen = Not getting shot 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Which isn't justification for the officer to break the law either.
    Of course not. I'm just saying that being a criminal has consequences, and for him it was his life.
    Even if everyone involved did something illegal.
    Don't do crime kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    That's like all these geeks who try to play WoW PvP on a spreadsheet or all the monday morning quarterbacks on ESPN.

oh you could do this and that and then do this and you could have done that and how come you didnt do this but this is what you didn't do and this is what you can do and heres how you can do this and that and blah fucking blah blah

In the heat of the moment these LEOs depend on their training because they have more of a right to go home alive than the scumbag criminals who plague society.

You fire upon the target until the target is destroyed.
    Well, there training is to fire until they go down, yes, but once they are down then any further shots become excessive force because if they're down with or without a fatal wound then they're no longer a threat. The point is that an officer must be in control of themselves while on the job, and you can't just lose yourself in the moment and fire your weapon uncontrollably because that leads to unnecessary deaths.

The same could be said of the officers who were chasing the perp in the article. They thought that he fired a weapon at them because they let their emotions get the better of them and either imagined a sound or mistook a sound for a gunshot. I mean, imagine if those same officers were chasing a suspect that they thought they recognized from a wanted list and shot em because they thought they heard a gunshot and when they turn him over it turns out that he was just some guy with no criminal history or background who distrusted the police. An officer who cannot remain in control of their emotions and senses while on duty is a danger to society and cannot be trusted to make the call of whether or not to use lethal force thus they must be taken off of the force, or do you want officers who can lose their senses to the point where they imagine or mistake the sound of a gunshot walking around patrolling the streets? I don't know about you, but I certainly don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why there is a controversy...

Maybe the only reason this happened was because some dude invented the automobile. Without that invention of the automobile no one would be able to steal cars

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not. I'm just saying that being a criminal has consequences, and for him it was his life.
    Don't do crime kids!
    Of course being a criminal has consequences, that why we have a court system. There are very clear laws about what law enforcement can and cannot do when apprehending a criminal, for everyone's protect. This incident depicts the violation of a few.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't do crime kids!
    Actually it should be worse for the officer. While the kid was just a petty criminal, the officer was trained and charged with proper use of a lethal weapon, and took it upon himself to disregard his training, his duty to the state, and his duty to the community by endangering everyone else by breaking the law just as badly as a criminal would, therefore making him a criminal as well.

You break the law, you do the time, regardless of who you are.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Which is why there is a controversy...

Maybe the only reason this happened was because some dude invented the automobile. Without that invention of the automobile no one would be able to steal cars

- - - Updated - - -

Of course being a criminal has consequences, that why we have a court system. There are very clear laws about what law enforcement can and cannot do when apprehending a criminal, for everyone's protect. This incident depicts the violation of a few.
    Let's be honest, if there were no cars, he'd be stealing something else.
    Hopefully ending up the same way in that reality as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it should be worse for the officer. While the kid was just a petty criminal, the officer was trained and charged with proper use of a lethal weapon, and took it upon himself to disregard his training, his duty to the state, and his duty to the community by endangering everyone else by breaking the law just as badly as a criminal would, therefore making him a criminal as well.

You break the law, you do the time, regardless of who you are.
    And to this we can agree!
    You still have to answer the law, even if you are an officer of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he deserved to get shot because he was a thief?

Someone better tell all the MMO-Champs that theft means the police are free to shoot you, shouldn't have stolen those GoT episodes.

Someone better tell all the MMO-Champs that theft means the police are free to shoot you, shouldn't have stolen those GoT episodes.
    I mean, you can be obtuse if you want to.
    He got shot because of all the decisions he made that day.

7+ Year Old Account
    And to this we can agree!
    You still have to answer the law, even if you are an officer of it.
    Stealing a car is a significantly meeker crime than murdering someone, in all seriousness.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be honest, if that cop didn't murder that kid, he'd have murdered some other kid.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the one arguing from some sort of authoritarian POV, I'm just following your lead.

Stealing a car is a significantly meeker crime than murdering someone, in all seriousness.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be honest, if that cop didn't murder that kid, he'd have murdered some other kid.
    True. Just the stealing part is quite meek. What about the almost killing the police officer/endangering of civilian life?

And yes, if he didn't kill that criminal kid, he'd kill another criminal kid!
    So no loss to society?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to see that you take pleasure in a crime of murder by someone that's supposed to uphold the law.
    ~~ ~~

You're the one arguing from some sort of authoritarian POV, I'm just following your lead.
    Of course you are following my lead.
    Some people follow, other people lead.

Did you watch the video? He tried to run a cop over.

It's nice to see that you take pleasure in a crime of murder by someone that's supposed to uphold the law.
    If the person was innocent, then sure you'd have a point. This kid was not.

This world is going to go to shit because of idiots feeling the dire need to stick up for criminals. The funny part is, without these officers putting their lives on the line, half of you idiotic SJWs wouldn't even be able to step outside. You people make me sick (you know who you are).

You can call it what you want, but people like you a.) are going to destroy the country and b.) make race relations worse. There is a serious problem with crime in the black community and innocent black people die of it a HELL of a lot more than criminal blacks die to police, but you only add fuel to the fire when you fume their victim complex and enforce voluntary segregation. I'm not saying this to be a troll or an asshole, but you people need to start thinking with your minds and a little less with your "I'm left, so I must think -this- way" mentality. In no way is your constant ass-kissing method going to benefit the black community -ever-, and until people who have the passion to help realize this, that passion is going to go to waste.

edit: Feel free to infract, I realize your forums don't require freedom of speech, but I'm being honest, because I fear for the world and I fear for the black community, many of which are innocent but get ignored because defending them is less important than defending idiotic criminals. It just has to be said.

@Endus
    Last edited by HardlyWaken; 2016-08-06 at 04:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    True. Just the stealing part is quite meek. What about the almost killing the police officer/endangering of civilian life?
    Even then, there was no cold execution of outright murder.

And yes, if he didn't kill that criminal kid, he'd kill another criminal kid!
    So no loss to society?
    No, it means that there's a serious problem with the training of cops when they break the law that they're sworn and trained to uphold. If a cop can break the law whenever they want, then what's point of having laws if those that enforce them aren't even obligated to follow them?

- - - Updated - - -

If the person was innocent, then sure you'd have a point. This kid was not.
    Considering that never did any crime that's worthy of execution without a trial, he'd be innocent.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Did you watch the video? He tried to run a cop over.

Kid was obviously going towards that gap before the cop decided he was going to block the kid with his face. Dude barely got the door open.