Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Because a criminal commiting a crime is, sadly, normal.
    It's when the police is acting like criminals that we have a problem..
    The government in general behaves in a criminal behavior. Regardless of his rhetoric, Barack Obama is even more of an international war criminal than George W. Bush. One of the major candidates for the next president is already a war criminal, involved with the funding of child soldier armies in South Sudan and the funding of terrorism in other parts of the world, as well as openly boasting of the assassination of the leader of a country.

Things will never change until the people at the top are held accountable, but instead we have a ruling elite (that control both sides of the political spectrum) that has made itself above the law. These elites convince the peasants to hate each other over benign issues so that they can maintain true power, and this will keep going on until the general population stops falling for it.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Sure, sure. But it's not very hard to compare the difference in conduct and training between US police and the police in the rest of the modern world.
    Only because it's the fashion of the day to blow every incident like this up into some civil rights shitshow.

Again, wake me up when it happens to someone not committing a bunch of felonies. Then I will join in the furor.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The first incident, I see him trying to evade the cops, and they're shooting, which I don't see as justified.

The second, it ends up being a head-on, but it sure didn't look like some kind of targeted attack. Also, head to head collisions at that speed are pretty nonlethal.
    I would agree with him trying to evade the cops if they were both inside their car, they were both standing outside next to the car. Which changes it from evading the police, to him willing do to do anything to get away. Even if it means running over a policeman. And if he was willing to do that, who is to say what else he would of been willing to do to evade the police if he did have a gun.

He no longer posed a lethal threat once he left the vehicle, thus lethal force was not acceptable. We can argue that the cops were confused because they heard shooting (which were the other cops), but that just points to a serious lack of communication that shouldn't be there. The conduct of the cops was seriously flawed and it should be vehemently criticized.
    I don't really know where you're finding enough evidence to reach these conclusions. Was there another article linked that I missed or something? My reading of the initial article would lead me to conclude that I have no plausible way to determine what the situation was at the time of the shooting. Seems like things got chaotic pretty quickly and the police judged that they were involved in an active shooter situation; whether that judgment was based on some reasonable level of discretion or not isn't something that I have the facts to determine.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    LOl this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
    Why? because he values life? He is 100% correct.

Mencken was an influential journalist and social critic.

Criticism on the events can be seen as 'fighting for' the right for people not to get unnecessarily shot by police officers. Sure, the guy that got shot was doing a lot of dumb shit, but I've seen lots of uni kids doing worse in my days, just drunk on alcohol or drunk on youthfulness deciding to do something daring etc. I've seen uni kids running away from the cops when they were shouted at to stop after stealing bottles of vodka from a liquor store, all these dudes graduated and are top managers in their business now.* So I'm kinda open for the idea that this was just a uni kid doing something stupid and panicking when the cops started to aggressively pursue him.

He no longer posed a lethal threat once he left the vehicle, thus lethal force was not acceptable. We can argue that the cops were confused because they heard shooting (which were the other cops), but that just points to a serious lack of communication that shouldn't be there. The conduct of the cops was seriously flawed and it should be vehemently criticized.

*If the cops here were as badly trained as in the US they might've been dead instead I suppose?
    I wouldn't be so quick to excuse the criminals actions here, he stole a car, he was an adult, he obviously knew what he was doing was wrong. In addition to this he tried to kill a cop with the car which shows he was willing to do literally anything, like attempt to kill more, if he thought it might help him escape.

After you attempt murder, all bets are off. He had ample opportunity to surrender, did not, so at that point it's unreasonable for the cops to wait and see if he has a gun or he is planning on shooting them. As I said earlier in this thread to, if this guy was any other race, nobody would've had an issue with him getting shot, his own poor choices lead to what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    100% flawed logic. You can't judge people or condemn them for something they haven't done, or for something they "might" do. This is some N.K way of thinking there friend.
    I'm not that familiar with all abreviations, so no idea what N.K. is supposed to stand for...? English isn't my native tongue.

And no, the logic isn't flawed. It's human. I am not condemnig someone, but I surely can judge someone by appearence and circumstances. It's what humans do. I'm not saying that this is good. But with all the gun violence it is, as sad as this is, a reasonable assumption that a criminal is armed.

Life sadly isn't determinded by the law. The law forbids judgement without fact, which is of course the lofical way to do it. But what you whish for is a sterile utopian environment, which just isn't reality. It's logic based on fact, not principle. The cops in this case made a decision based on cirumstances. The guy WAS dangerous. They decided to stop him with the only way available to them. What else should they have done? Ask him nicely to stop? He almost ran one of them over nd showed that he wasn't willing to cooperate.

Again: I don't think he deserved to be shot. I also don't think it was necessariy. But I can understand why. And I honestly can't say if, given I was in place of the officers who shot, would have done it differently. This guy was neither innocent, nor was he harmless.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2016-08-06 at 02:07 PM.

Why? because he values life? He is 100% correct.
    Nah because Endus is very naive. Even without a weapon, the guy could've done a bunch of different things here, like steal another car and use that as a weapon or break into one of the houses he was running past, grab a weapon like a knife, and have a potential hostage situation. Defending the criminal, who attempted murder, demonstrates Endus doesn't value life. We don't need to let him get into another situation where he can kill again before trying to shoot him or detain him.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Nah because Endus is very naive. Even without a weapon, the guy could've done a bunch of different things here, like steal another car and use that as a weapon or break into one of the houses he was running past, grab a weapon like a knife, and have a potential hostage situation. Defending the criminal, who attempted murder, demonstrates Endus doesn't value life. We don't need to let him get into another situation where he can kill again before trying to shoot him or detain him.
    You can't think like that man. You can't judge and act thinking hypothetical scenarios. We are talking about a human life here.
    Besides, he just stole a fucking car dude. No one deserves to get executed about such a thing..

Its sad, very sad.

You can't think like that man. You can't judge and act thinking hypothetical scenarios. We are talking about a human life here.
    Besides, he just stole a fucking car dude. No one deserves to get executed about such a thing..

Its sad, very sad.
    So much exaggeration. Nobody was "executed."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You could right now pick up a knife, go outside and gut a few people. Should we shoot you right now, as to prevent this from happening?

The police is a professional force, it is not just some guys with guns. They should be able to stop criminals professionally, not, "Oh, what if he has a gun? WE BETTER KILL HIM RIGHT NOW!!!"

Sure, the criminal was an idiot. Doesn't mean the police couldn't have acted better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Don't you think that thinking like this is a problem? That you as a society have devolved so far that you'd rather kill people off instead of helping them? The Kid stole a car. If he was a rapist or a murderer I'd probably support the notion, I think many countries are somewhat to lax with these guys, but stealing a car? I mean he behaved like a real asshole, that's for sure, and it was a good amount of luck that he didn't run anyone over, but still.
    I don't think he should be killed off. I just have no sympathy for them when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    So much exaggeration. Nobody was "executed."
    he was killed...

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The guy was clearly a shitbag so I really have a hard time feeling sympathetic towards him..

The amount of ire this is gonna create in the BLM community is gonna be comedy gold so atleast this shitbag contributed to something.

The officers should maybe have handled the situation better but at the end of the day he could've just not stolen the car in the first place.
    You americans are truely a disgusting race all on your own, you do realize the rest of the world looks down on you for stuff like this right?

Infracted - Nation Bashing
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-08-06 at 06:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    dont do an open protest or all of you will get shot down

Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    he was killed...
    That's not the same as being executed. But I appreciate the ellipses ...

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I don't think he should be killed off. I just have no sympathy for them when it happens.
    I don't intend to be insulting, but don't you think this is a problem? Just out of curiosity.

he was killed...
    Executed and killed is two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That's not the same as being executed. But I appreciate the ellipses ...
    look it up... to execute... is... to kill... some...one...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I don't intend to be insulting, but don't you think this is a problem? Just out of curiosity.

Executed and killed is two different things.
    yeahhh... must... be like... assault... right?!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess the lesson is...

Don't steal cars?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

look it up... to execute... is... to kill... some...one...
    To be executed would be to have a sentence of death carried out. As in a sentence levied by a judiciary or by order. Being shot and killed in the committal of a felony is not being executed.

There is a big difference.

Educate yourself before contradicting others. Thanks.

ellipses... are fuuuuun... ... ..
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-08-06 at 02:33 PM. Reason: changed lecturing to contradicting, because lets face it you're not lecturing...