Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

So, Everyone is going Fire at launch?

I'm the only one that may start as arcane?
    i see fire mages everywhere, but almost no fire/frost mage

I have and always had a bunch of fun playing Frost. So I'll stick with that.

Fire/Arcane is the way to go. Although Arcane is just boring af and Frost is for pussies.

For me if I want a fighting chance in PvP then Fire is the way to go right now, unless Blizz tunes Arcane and Frost.

I've always played Arcane.. It just feels like the proper spec for a Mage.

Deleted
    I think i'm going as fire because there is no nice transmog options for staves. Fire artifact i can transmog to some simple, nice sword.

Though i prefer simple specs and have absolutely no experience with fire spec... all i do on my mage is quests and some hc dungeons and i fear that fire will be "too hard", as i have not tested it yet.

Hopefully someday they will loosen up transmog rules so you could transmog your weapon combo to anything else (with your class' restrictions of course) so i could transmog ie. staves to sword + offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    For me if I want a fighting chance in PvP then Fire is the way to go right now, unless Blizz tunes Arcane and Frost.
    At 110? So it's not close to the ridiculous mess of 100 with no slows and no damage? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    At 110? So it's not close to the ridiculous mess of 100 with no slows and no damage? :P
    From what I've seen and read, even at 110 Fire still is the best.

I'm probably going arcane and hoping for buffs. Just enjoy the spec more and like the mastery changes.

In an ideal world Frost. Because of artifacts it's hard to tell what exactly their plans are for tuning. And the end results.

And they've never done major tuning passes early on in raid tiers so fire will assuredly be best through EN and Nighthold. /s

(it may but not a sure thing)

Frost the starting point for me because in addition to being fun, one thing that won't change is amount of Fire vs a Frost relics we have as a guild. My weapon ilvl absolutely will be higher as frost than fire. So that's 1 thing I can control when tuning is uncertain.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-08-06 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    T14 HC plus the artifact staff or if you hate it, Margok's staff.
    No offense but i have already checked all possible staff models since Mogit addon came into existence and now in wardrobe. Those 2 are hideous. Only good staves are brutal gladiator's war staff, grand magister's staff of torrents and different versions of simple stick. And they are too big on female human anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-08-06 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    I will prob go fire. I "picked" it as my legion spec long before any dmg numbers etc. The only negative thing about fire (imho) is that it will be very popular. I usually prefer to play some kind of underdog/nonhyped classes. I guess I want to be as special as a snowflake can get in wow (one of those tauren female players).

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    I will prob go fire. I "picked" it as my legion spec long before any dmg numbers etc. The only negative thing about fire (imho) is that it will be very popular. I usually prefer to play some kind of underdog/nonhyped classes. I guess I want to be as special as a snowflake can get in wow (one of those tauren female players).
    Do you roll Orc Mage or Fem Dwarf Mage too?
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovan View Post
    I'm the only one that may start as arcane?
    i see fire mages everywhere, but almost no fire/frost mage
    I like Frost and Arcane more, but then again I've never been much to really care what the most powerful spec of a class is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    No offense but i have already checked all possible staff models since Mogit addon came into existence and now in wardrobe. Those 2 are hideous. Only good staves are brutal gladiator's war staff, grand magister's staff of torrents and different versions of simple stick. And they are too big on female human anyway.
    The challenge wod rewards give out the best transmog staff in the game, period. The amount of pixels and effort they put in these transmog rewards compered to any other weapon in the game is staggering. That crystal/arcane staff is beautiful and I've used the mog from the first weeks of wod until now without changing once.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what you want to do. The players that want to be at the top of the charts in Mythic Raids and Mythic+ Dungeons will pretty much be obligated to play Fire for release as it will perform the best in those situations. For more casual players, I'd expect that there will be a decent sized poration that will be playing one of the other two specs. But performance wise, nothing will be coming close to Fire until atleast deep into Nighthold
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    It depends on what you want to do. The players that want to be at the top of the charts in Mythic Raids and Mythic+ Dungeons will pretty much be obligated to play Fire for release as it will perform the best in those situations. For more casual players, I'd expect that there will be a decent sized poration that will be playing one of the other two specs. But performance wise, nothing will be coming close to Fire until atleast deep into Nighthold
    Except for the fact Blizzard hotfixes tuning very early on once the first real raiding happens.

If beta is any indication, something like 70-80% of mages will be Fire in PVE. Raids are closer to 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Do you roll Orc Mage or Fem Dwarf Mage too?
    Sadly, no... Since the change with WoD animations/models I'm limited to only a very few race/gender combinations. Really sad that 90% of all races/genders are unplayable since they look like utter donkey shit I have to stick with the select few to even play the game atm. Playing horde I would play Orc for sure, this time around I'm going alliance though.