Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They do seem to lose the entire Karazhan theme, and nothing introduced is interesting. Priest got shafted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    They do seem to lose the entire Karazhan theme, and nothing introduced is interesting. Priest got shafted again.
    I really would have liked to have seen nearly all the bosses of Karazhan make it into the expansion. I do wonder how it will all be presented as well.

I hoped for the League of Explorers to venture into Karazhan for lost and forgotten artifacts. While there, they incidentally interrupt a ghostly ball/opera going on (hosted by Medivh) , causing all of Karazhan to turn on them, chasing them and forcing them further and further up the tower, where they encounter all the other bosses, culminating in a Prince Melchazaar fight in the Nether that teleports them back to Ironforge..or something. A little macabre, a little humor, and an homage to the Burning Crusade raid itself.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Purify is the biggest fucking slap in the face for Priest. I seriously don't understand how they can make a card so fucking awful and be okay with it. "Hey guys, Priest seems to be in a bad spot, what should be do guys? I know, give them a silence AND draw a card and overprice it!!!!"

Also fork for rogue... lol.... hahahahaha
    Last edited by MAGAmobile; 2016-08-06 at 04:56 AM.

I get that they don't want to have a super serious tone, but god damn I wish they stuck closer to the game and then injected some humour into it after while preserving the theme of the raid.

Naxx and BRM are great examples of this, while I feel like LoE was just too goofy. I really hope they pull it back in after Kara, as I thought that WotOG struck a pretty good tone overall.

The cards seem boring too, which is probably the greater sin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Purify is the biggest fucking slap in the face for Priest. I seriously don't understand how they can make a card so fucking awful and be okay with it. "Hey guys, Priest seems to be in a bad spot, what should be do guys? I know, give them a silence AND draw a card and overprice it!!!!"

That card could be 1 or even 0 mana and it still would be bad.

I think it would be better if it was like: 1 mana, Silence a minion. If it was already frozen, destroy the minion. Draw a card.(basically like Ice Lance)

Or something like: 2 mana, Silence a friendly minion and restore it to full health. Draw a card.

I really like the second one. Basically the same as the what Blizzard made but with ancestral healing on it. It would actually be somewhat useful. You could just use to heal a minion to full health but at the cost of being silenced, but hey you also draw a card! Or you can do it on a minion that is worth to silence(one with draw backs) and get it to full health if it is damaged and draw a card. It would be okayish to use on an average minion, though you could punish yourself with silencing it, and be great on one of your minions that is good to silence.

Blizzard, you could do better.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Apparently a staple of Kharazhan was animated cutlery and the sidekicks from Beauty and the beast. This expansion actually looks terrible.

Deleted
    So with Arena in mind you got:

-Firelands Portal cementing Mage dominance. All games @ 5+ wins vs mages?
    -Fool's Bane is pretty good for arena especially. Warrior good now.

Priest still terrible. Bah, my only golden hero is the worst class in the game for quite some time now.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-08-06 at 09:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rip priest 2013-2016

Overall a very underwhelming set of cards. Nothing really game changing. A few decent cards, like the Golem that gets its mana cost reduced whenever you play spells(will see play in Yogg decks obviously). The 3 mana 4/3 that makes your hero immune on your turn will be nice for weapon using classes as well. But yeah for the most part this expansion is probably more to satisfy the people who are nostalgic over Kara. Hopefully the PVE encounters are memorable.

Deleted
    Once again they show their lack of balance sense. Priest is still crap, rng is still overly present and people still play this game.

The set is potentially underwhelming, there are a few cards that look like they will make it into the meta though but I'll be judging the success of the set in whether the new archetypes make it such as Ethereal Rogue, Actual Zoo (Murloc, Beast and Dragon) and Discard Lock. Then we also have a few old Archetypes to revisit with Secret Mage, Beast Druid and Dragon Pally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The 7 mana 5 damage/random 5-cost minion one?

Eh, not even that good. There are a lot of really bad/mediocre 5-mana minions, too.
    It's a common card and it will have increased rate of showing in arena picks due to new expansion. It's absolutely broken beyond shit for arena, but for constructed it's complete trash

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Everyone runs Huckster so you'll have access to at least 2 cut-cost cards. Toss in a single Burgle and that's two more.

Add all that to the fact that a 5 mana 5/6 is primo stat distribution, and I see it being used.

Don't forget Nefarian

Deleted
    Pretty funny they gave shaman a 4 mana minion that summons basic totems when a spell is cast. When Tuskarr Totemic exist that summons any totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    How many times have you play SI on t3 without the combo? And that's why you play this card.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone saying priest sucks? Along with face hunters, priests (especially Dragon) are one of my toughest opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    How many times have you play SI on t3 without the combo? And that's why you play this card.
    The weapon itself is meant to costs mana, that's why it's a bad card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Pretty funny they gave shaman a 4 mana minion that summons basic totems when a spell is cast. When Tuskarr Totemic exist that summons any totem.
    The shaman card is obvious garbage, probably on purpose since shaman is really strong atm.

Deleted
    They really couldn't make that minion give any totem because you could drop that 3/4 4 mana minion and cast X shaman spells and the Totem Golem and Mana Tides it would create would break the game.

I think if this was an expansion, it could be called The Grand Tournament 2.0 . Why? Because its about to have very little impact on the meta. I'm looking at the tier 1 decks and looking at the added cards, and I just can't see what they're trying to do.

I think the sole purpose is to generate tokens for a Control / Spell Shaman.

That said, this card is probably the worst one of the 3 Shaman Cards, Spirit Claws can be used by any non aggro deck to combat 1 health minions, Maelstrom portal can also be used to counter a zoolocks 1Health army, both work extremely well with Spellpower.