Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost mage 1 shot @ 110

Deleted
    I mean this is to be expected, it's no secret that the balance is going to be worst we have ever seen, specially in PvP, pretty sure Blizzard even said that balance isn't as important factor this expansion.

Normally Blizzard only deals with some "class changes" per expansion, this time they decided to "revamp" some specs completely and add whole another talent tree (PvP one) as well as Artifacts which is basically a mini talent tree when it comes to balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I mean this is to be expected, it's no secret that the balance is going to be worst we have ever seen, specially in PvP, pretty sure Blizzard even said that balance isn't as important factor this expansion.

Normally Blizzard only deals with some "class changes" per expansion, this time they decided to "revamp" some specs completely and add whole another talent tree (PvP one) as well as Artifacts which is basically a mini talent tree when it comes to balancing.
    Yea it's the way the new tree stacks for certain classes.. that's a long fix overall though.

Already nerfed. Frostbolt extra crit damage on frozen went down from 300% to 200%, iceform extra damage went down from 50% to 30%.

That's extreme and the comment about blizzard saying they're not gonna bother with PvP balance this expansion is bullshit, they've said quite the opposite. If it'll be any better than other expansions however we'll just have to wait and see.

This however is obviously a case of beta being beta, also there's basically just skirmish on beta so.. Blizzard is very busy with non-PvP right now, they'll focus more on PvP balance I think when we're actually doing rated PvP at 110.

I'm not naive I just try to stay away from pessimism. Though I am worried about artifacts.

Will be balanced by PvP modifiers so nothing to see here recently, crying over beta balance lmao

LOL his reaction. "HHAUHEHAA HEEHEEHH AHHEHEHEHEHE ONE SHOT xD"

That laugh hurts my brain.

That was a 2 million hit. They had 1.4 mill HP. I smell a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Already nerfed. Frostbolt extra crit damage on frozen went down from 300% to 200%, iceform extra damage went down from 50% to 30%.
    He crit for 2.5M... that change doesn't fix anything. Even if it was 75% of someones life.. its not a set up you can stop with shimmer and ice form so you're missing the point entirely.. 50 seconds into the game you could lose with no cc landed against you.

I main mage so I'm not 'crying about beta balance' lol, i'm saying (without saying until now because i thought it would be obvious) that ability is bad for the game the way it's set up right now.

Actually the larger point is that the pvp talents make class balance a problem but whatever.. i'm sure there will be more of these.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2016-08-06 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Nope. It's live on beta. Mitch Jones is doing it atm on Twitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I believe this has been fixed. Their were some talents that resulted in massive damage spike and they have been nerfed a bit.

However frost has a lot of long hardcast abilities and low sustain so it frost will be gimmicky burst. Meaning their is a risk of it being a very strong but cumberstone spec or a weak spec.

Frost Strenght:
    - Lots of slows and roots
    - Heavy burst

Weakness:
    - Requires more than average conditions to properly deal damage (Shatter effect, stack ice shards and procs, safe place to hard cast)
    - Very cast dependant with 2 long cast times
    - Weak mobile damage
    - Low sustain

This was nerfed a while ago. What a quality thread.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    This was nerfed a while ago. What a quality thread.
    Define a while ago. This was done the 5th of August and there are no mentions of any nerfs in any blue posts at or after that date.

Seems like a bug, but also, like quite a rare build up of RNG and conditions.

It's not like Frost Mages can push this damage out all the time, although you should never be able to one-shot someone. But yes, his laugh was awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Define a while ago. This was done the 5th of August and there are no mentions of any nerfs in any blue posts at or after that date.
    The issue was talent based and they attempted to solve the problem and did. For the most part.... It was fixed, but there are clearly still outliers. It won't hit live and the people who continue to address the same "bug" on these forums are late children who don't have beta and camp streams.

So yea that's my definition of a while ago.

ice form is a MAGIC buff.
    icy veins is bugged at the moment and ice form does not remove it(so your glacial spike will be a slow cast)
    immune to stuns and knockback, still can be mitigated, reflected, los, cloaked, vanished, gauged, etc.
    dependent on crit and having a nova

so you have only 1 setup every 45s which can be countered by 1 purge or 1 dispel and the rest of the time u hit for noodles. its just like the mop chaos bolts, any decent team can play around that.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    So yea that's my definition of a while ago.
    considering the most recent pvp related change they made to frost was buffing the damage of glacial spike by 33% (reverting a previous nerf) your definition of "a while ago" would seem to be pretty shitty

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    considering the most recent pvp related change they made to frost was buffing the damage of glacial spike by 33% (reverting a previous nerf) your definition of "a while ago" would seem to be pretty shitty
    Buffing the damage of something they nerfed to the ground and is currently bugged. So weird! Good logic!

They identified it literally months ago and only children think this will exist in live.

he is one of the ugliest human beings i have ever seen. he legit looks like a bridge troll....it looks like Trundle from LoL playing arenas.

Guys I think hunter/lock pets AI are going to follow rogues 4 seconds after vanish and 10 seconds after stealth especially in nagrand arena. New info you heard it here first. PVP news about non-bugs.