Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Did they seriously nerf rerolling RtB

Woke up, tried 6 cp > 1/2 cp reroll, getting 15 second durations now instead of the old 50 seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    Woke up, tried 6 cp > 1/2 cp reroll, getting 15 second durations now instead of the old 50 seconds
    That used to be different? Afaik its been like that since last weeks live patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    That used to be different? Afaik its been like that since last weeks live patch.
    I've been 1 cp rerolling in Mythics/HFC for full duration due to pandemic

7+ Year Old Account
    Wtf ? Rerolling rtb should not be promoted... For the mechanic to feels nice it should be something you have to adapt to not reroll till you get that 1 buff... Let's hope they find a way to balance it so it might be good to reroll in certain situations but not reroll till you get the only buff that's good...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    I've been 1 cp rerolling in Mythics/HFC for full duration due to pandemic
    I've never known it to function any other way. I couldn't be arsed with alpha/beta though and I only had any interest in checking last wednesday.
    When it functioned the way you describe in the OP. 1CP = 1CP timer. Not 6+XY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Wtf ? Rerolling rtb should not be promoted... For the mechanic to feels nice it should be something you have to adapt to not reroll till you get that 1 buff... Let's hope they find a way to balance it so it might be good to reroll in certain situations but not reroll till you get the only buff that's good...
    Or.. vanquish the retarded idea from existence along with the spell and give back SnD.

I've never known it to function any other way. I couldn't be arsed with alpha/beta though and I only had any interest in checking last wednesday.
    When it functioned the way you describe in the OP. 1CP = 1CP timer. Not 6+XY.

- - - Updated - - -

Or.. vanquish the retarded idea from existence along with the spell and give back SnD.
    Well idk then, I can't give you proof but I know I was testing my DPS on a dummy last night and was doing it with 1 cp rerolls
    fishing for shark

RtB is like the entire depth of the spec, replacing it with SnD makes it the most boring spec in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    RtB is like the entire depth of the spec, replacing it with SnD makes it the most boring spec in the game.
    Oh wow, that's some serious depth. Rofl.

And that would make it different from WoD combat.. how?

Speak for yourself, I MUCH prefer RtB, it's much more interesting than stupid Slice and Dice, a flat attack speed buff. I love the fun randomness that comes with RtB. If you want your crap attack speed SnD, just talent for it and leave the rest of us alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    just talent for it and leave the rest of us alone.
    I Lol'd.

"Fun randomness" okay buddy.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-08-10 at 07:19 AM.

I Lol'd.

"Fun randomness" okay buddy.
    you do realize RNG isnt inherently a bad thing right?

if there was no RNG everything would be exactly the same and that'd be boring

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind rtb as something you have to adapt in playstyle depending on the buff.. but yes it's probably never going to be balanced enough to not imply rerolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Not going to happen as long as there's extremes like Grand Melee and Shark and one buff and six buffs. There's just nothing better to spend CP on if you get a shit roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you do realize RNG isnt inherently a bad thing right?

if there was no RNG everything would be exactly the same and that'd be boring
    If they need RNG they can put it in items. Not in the stability of an entire spec.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    How does RTB give any depth to the spec, you either get a good roll or you reroll it there will always be a best. Only a matter of time before there is some WA that has one icon saying reroll or keep

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willoughby View Post
    Not going to happen as long as there's extremes like Grand Melee and Shark and one buff and six buffs. There's just nothing better to spend CP on if you get a shit roll.
    Yep I know.. but it's shit XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zoyt View Post
    How does RTB give any depth to the spec, you either get a good roll or you reroll it there will always be a best. Only a matter of time before there is some WA that has one icon saying reroll or keep
    This does exist now, after someone ran sims to determine fishing for 3+ buffs or sharks was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoyt View Post
    well, doing that is infinitely deeper than "keep this up and refresh every 40 seconds"

there's a WA for literally everything so no spec will be "deep" exactly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well, doing that is infinitely deeper than "keep this up and refresh every 40 seconds"

there's a WA for literally everything so no spec will be "deep" exactly
    there's nothing "deep" about it. you either get lucky or you don't. unlike ""keep this up and refresh every 40 seconds"", maintaining the correct rtb buffs is completely out of your control.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they need RNG they can put it in items. Not in the stability of an entire spec.
    Well given they are trying to make the gameplay actually FUN as opposed to boring as shit. SnD can be talented into so just do that instead, you have your option. I am sure if we had it your way there would be three buttons, "Do exactly 178 damage" and "Do exactly 368 damage, but on a 13.2514 sec cooldown" and so forth.