Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Go play a single player game if you dont like pvp. why the fck do you even bother? do the words WORLD OF WARCRAFT mean anything to you? disgusting pussyfication all over the place

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Opposed to the several other realms with "New players" on it?
    PvP isn't a term coined by WoW, didn't you read anything? Did the big red letters next to "new players" clue you in to anything?

Anyway everything points to a player stupidity issue. Granted those are most of the issues here nowadays, meh.
    I had never played a PC game, Moba, MMO or anything like that. The term 'PvP' was never used in any game I played before WoW.

It's not a 'stupidity' issue. I was ignorant to the term's meaning, I assumed all MMO's were PvP forced.

I didn't know what PvP meant until I hit 85 and found myself getting slaughtered by enemy players in Tol Barad, prompting me to google how to not get attacked by enemy players.

In fact I'm not entirely sure I got the ability to choose a server. Aren't you sent automatically to the character creation screen once you log in for the first time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    Go play a single player game if you dont like pvp. why the fck do you even bother? do the words WORLD OF WARCRAFT mean anything to you? disgusting pussyfication all over the place
    Here's another reason I abandoned my old PvP server. It was full of cunts.

Seems like you are the kind of person who needs safe zones in real life too.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    What "Consequences" do you have in mind instead? It is just a freaking Game. So your toon dies, big whoop. Either get used to it, or go on a pve server.

Protip: You can always invite yourself to a PVE Server with the CRZ Feature, and avoid all that bad, consequence-free Ganking of your beloved toon.
    They might just leave the game instead, or at least begin to dislike the game which leads to similar consequences eventually.

The game changes much from the start, things like flight, world quest, pet battle: purposes and attitude of playing and the most importantly, the population balance of factions. On the other hand, the only thing unchanged is the so called World "PvP" or PPPPPvP "rule".

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacHawke View Post
    After moved to subscription model, Chinese players are provided free character immigration service in order to merge their accounts.
    In a few days, population of most PvE realms surged crazily and even became the top populated realms.

All thanks to the severely out-dated World PvP system which is more than 10 years old. Who knows how many old and new players were kicked out of this game before this service becomes free?

Maybe when we get used to something we don't like then get tired of talking about it anymore, doesn't mean we really accepted it.

Thoughts?
    People shouldn't bitch about PvP on a PvP server

7+ Year Old Account
    Well to be on topic, i think this just shows, that most WoW players don't really like to play PvP, which is why the PvE realms gets crowded. I don't think Blizzard should try to make more World PvP, they should proberly just leave it be, make BG PvP better and just let the so called "World PvP" die out.

WoW is not a game designed around the random PvP encounter and with the current rules in the game, there is very little reason to empower that random encounter.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    People are actually dumb enough to roll on a PvP server, then proceed to complain about there being PvP??

Why dont they just drink a liter of bleach then sue the company that made the bleach afterwards
    I know right, it's like joining arena and then complaining people are killing you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I had never played a PC game, Moba, MMO or anything like that. The term 'PvP' was never used in any game I played before WoW.

It's not a 'stupidity' issue. I was ignorant to the term's meaning, I assumed all MMO's were PvP forced.

I didn't know what PvP meant until I hit 85 and found myself getting slaughtered by enemy players in Tol Barad, prompting me to google how to not get attacked by enemy players.

In fact I'm not entirely sure I got the ability to choose a server. Aren't you sent automatically to the character creation screen once you log in for the first time?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another reason I abandoned my old PvP server. It was full of cunts.
    The first dialog box asks you what ruleset server you wanted to join, with an explanation for every one.
    Soooo it's 100% your stupidity, not ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Well to be on topic, i think this just shows, that most WoW players don't really like to play PvP, which is why the PvE realms gets crowded.
    Maybe they should give everyone who levelled on a pvp realm a 1-use 1-way ticket to a pve realm that would solve the problem of people who hate the experience but for some reason feel "stuck" in there.

That's why I'm saying the Chinese should thank Blizzard if indeed that's the case they're given one time free transfers.

Personally I've always played on pve realms (my first realm was rp pve where my irl friends played), I've once got convinced by a guild that I should transfer with them and they transfered to a pvp realm. I regretted listening to them and ended up forking up transfer fees to go back to pve. But I can understand some people plain out can't afford transfer fees.

And yeah, it's often not someone's "stupidity" to blame but friends / guild that drag them to pvp realm and they're torn between either staying away from pvp realms or staying away from their old friends. It's a hard choice. There's some cross realm functionality but you still can't cross realm join guilds, trade or raid mythic when it opens. I've made my choice to rather leave the guild than endure "world pvp". But not everyone feels like leaving their guild / friends.

Often worse, after some years those friends quit wow and then you're stuck in a place you don't want to be with no reason to be there any more, but can't afford a transfer. Not everyone can throw away lightly their monthly salary to transfer a server full of alts since there are no discounts, no package deals and yes the fees are not adjusted to monthly salararies especially in poorer EU countries. I would think same can apply to South America countries or for example South Africans (I heard they got ruined by exchange rates when the country went into crisis).

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I'm gonna have a few laughs in Legion's new Free-for-All PvP world quests. Finally I can kill some of the people on my own faction.
    I got an erection when I heard about the dalaran underbelly.
    I got like 25k worth of sightless eyes on beta across 3 or so toons.

Deleted
    World PvP is fun when facing similar level opponents. That's what I loved on RP-PvP realms back in BC. But usual PvP realms all sucked, badly. PvP realms in my experience are full of assholes and horny teenagers.

World PvP always sucked. I never understood why players wanted to play on those realms. Maybe they confused WoW with first person shooter?

Remember those all those popular world pvp events in TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Pre-flying WoD was the best. Lurking in the woods and ambushing paths. /sigh

I remember ambusing titanium veins during Wotlk. *SURPRISE* though I admit some of those miners really put up a decent fight. One of my best horde friends and I met this way :P
    Post flying WoD I've had so many people try to swoop in and kill me it's hilarious. They'll succeed sometimes and lose sometimes. The adrenaline rush is amazing and I don't think I've had it since wotlk. For my part, I'm still ground bound and so people think me an easy target pulling tons of mobs on my way anywhere. Generally they're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Carebears crying about world PVP more at 11....

WTB a once a year purge where I can get on their realms and kill them where they think they are safe.
    I actually figured out a way to do that in Ultima Online when they split the world between consensual and non-consensual pvp. It was a glorious exploit, and i never got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Not really.... The best players typically play on PVP realms both PVP'ers and raiders.
    The "PvP" realms that raiders play on aren't PvP realms. They are single faction 99-1 realms with PvP enabled.

The only PvP realms with balanced populations are RP-PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    The "PvP" realms that raiders play on aren't PvP realms. They are single faction 99-1 realms with PvP enabled.

True, but that doesn't mean that everyone runs from a fight or is against pvp. I rolled on illidan when it was pretty even population and haven't left yet. Would I like to see people/pvp leveling to 110? Sure.
    But it's true I am and have always been more pve than pvp so I couldn't care either way. You just gotta roll with the punches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post

Tichon is pretty balanced, and the realms are crossrealm so as an Alliance player on Sargeras I come across tons of Horde from Illidan while leveling and out in the world.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    World PvP is fun when facing similar level opponents. That's what I loved on RP-PvP realms back in BC. But usual PvP realms all sucked, badly. PvP realms in my experience are full of assholes and horny teenagers.

World PvP always sucked. I never understood why players wanted to play on those realms. Maybe they confused WoW with first person shooter?
    Depends on what kind of a player you are, I don't mind going 1v2s or 2v3s with a friend which was always the case.
    It was basically see horde -> fight , no matter how at a disadvantage we were or they were.

No sympathy for anyone on a PvP server. You chose to be with the bullies and sadists, you get to deal with the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    World PvP was more fun and made more sense in Vanilla when people were actually out and about in the world for more reasons than just gaining exp. As content became more instanced and we started to queue from the safety of our towns, all that was really left was lowbie ganking. I have always played on a PvP server but honestly that was always because the raid scene has always seemed more active on PvP servers. If it wasn't for that, yeah, I'd probably play on a PvE server, because honestly 95% of the world PvP I've seen since WotLK has been people ganking lowbies or cross-realm zerg fests killing NPCs.
    I don't see how less is being done in the world come legion compared to vanilla i would say there's more to do if anything.

If that is your experience with world PvP you never played on a balanced server that's all.