Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    40% sale on steam at 16.79$ can, might just get it, looks like a lot of value for that price.

Deleted
    40% on GOG too. Plus 14% off of Crucible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Doesn't controller mean slower turning though? Or is it different to when I see folks playing fps games with one? (those make me cringe lol)
    I don't quite get what you mean by turning, you push the stick the direction you want to go, it's not like resident evil movement. You can run in nice tight circles if you want, something you can't do with a mouse much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I don't quite get what you mean by turning, you push the stick the direction you want to go, it's not like resident evil movement. You can run in nice tight circles if you want, something you can't do with a mouse much.
    Does doing that instantly turn you in that direction with a controller or...? As I said, I don't use controller so was curious.
    As for mouse & tight circle, that's easily done.

Deleted
    Does doing that instantly turn you in that direction with a controller or...? As I said, I don't use controller so was curious.
    As for mouse & tight circle, that's easily done.
    Yeah pressing a direction send you that way instantly.

I'm starting in Arkovia after killing the Warden, but the gameplay is almost too boring to make me return to the game. I like everything else, but gameplay is most important to me. Maybe I chose the wrong subclass. I'm a Saboteur and just shoot everything to hell with 2h guns on Veteran mode.
    Does it get better? I cba to start another character at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    I'm starting in Arkovia after killing the Warden, but the gameplay is almost too boring to make me return to the game. I like everything else, but gameplay is most important to me. Maybe I chose the wrong subclass. I'm a Saboteur and just shoot everything to hell with 2h guns on Veteran mode.
    Does it get better? I cba to start another character at this point.
    Things do get more challenging, but only so much from a mechanical standpoint. The higher difficulty modes are more about being able to stack your resists and gear/spec to survive than overcome new and more complex enemy behavior. Just bigger numbers and harsher damage effects in the same style as you've already seen. You might try your hand against the challenge dungeons and Nemesis spawns to see if they give you more of what you're after.

Ultimately, the game is bought and paid for. Come back to it when you want a break from other games and see if absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Deleted
    @Coldkil, Or anyone that uses the DAIL mod, do you have problems losing loot when you've exited to menu or game and started again?

I do on my character I properly copied to work with the mod.
    Tested With a fresh character created for DAIL and that one is fine.

Known problem or....?
    GOG latest version.

Aside from that, good stuff. Not only first time I've panicked in GD, but first deaths too, it's finally a challenge 8)

@Coldkil, Or anyone that uses the DAIL mod, do you have problems losing loot when you've exited to menu or game and started again?

I do on my character I properly copied to work with the mod.
    Tested With a fresh character created for DAIL and that one is fine.

Known problem or....?
    GOG latest version.

Aside from that, good stuff. Not only first time I've panicked in GD, but first deaths too, it's finally a challenge 8)
    Didn'0t have this kind of issue - but i just rolled a new character instead of messing up with the Vanilla one. As usual in these cases, better leave stuff untouched and start anew

Maybe you just did something wrong during the merge.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Didn'0t have this kind of issue - but i just rolled a new character instead of messing up with the Vanilla one. As usual in these cases, better leave stuff untouched and start anew

Maybe you just did something wrong during the merge.
    Was contemplating starting afresh, even though not a fan of re-doing content, but guess at least it'll be mkre challenging now.
    I guess game decided for me

Was contemplating starting afresh, even though not a fan of re-doing content, but guess at least it'll be mkre challenging now.
    I guess game decided for me
    hehe, i found that theyreached version 0053 and i have 0050 installed, so i can try tonight and see if stuff breaks (i'm not that far into content so restarting wouldn't be an issue).

Deleted
    hehe, i found that theyreached version 0053 and i have 0050 installed, so i can try tonight and see if stuff breaks (i'm not that far into content so restarting wouldn't be an issue).
    Think I'm at around three quarters or higher. Still shocked how big the game really hehe.
    Now the usual problem, start another Arcanist and hours of Erm, what to off spec....

Don't recall much of patch notes, but I know balance got overhauled and loot drops improved.

I'll have to look into modding, I really need shot of that Veteran text top left, plus a picky auto loot.

Think I'm at around three quarters or higher. Still shocked how big the game really hehe.
    Now the usual problem, start another Arcanist and hours of Erm, what to off spec....

Don't recall much of patch notes, but I know balance got overhauled and loot drops improved.

I'll have to look into modding, I really need shot of that Veteran text top left, plus a picky auto loot.
    Eh, i tried to get into it but it's kinda complicated due to how the game is designed - nothing that cannot be learned but would take a little too much time that i simply don't have. I can do concepts and all, but in the end chilling out and using DAIL is more than enough

I have a Frost Knight/Coronus combo, but i want to roll a pure caster based on poison/"unholy" spells if i can.

Deleted
    Eh, i tried to get into it but it's kinda complicated due to how the game is designed - nothing that cannot be learned but would take a little too much time that i simply don't have. I can do concepts and all, but in the end chilling out and using DAIL is more than enough

I have a Frost Knight/Coronus combo, but i want to roll a pure caster based on poison/"unholy" spells if i can.
    I went almost pure Aether damage with fire, things (pre DAIL; p) usually insta-melted, even Aether mobs were fairly easy to splatter. Had frost nova thing for when I got carried away.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46250 more legendaries in 1.0.0.6 whoop!

As for DAIL I went to pick off spec and it appears as something else in the image, yet skills are Right.
    Guess still WIP.

Uhh nice updates!

I really need to update DAIL and start with the poison/chaos caster. The vanilla Occultist looks fine as starter (the ground aoe skill is insanely good imho). Need to decide what to pair it with.

Deleted
    Took my time deciding, but I went Arcanist (painful before get Aether beam) & off spec was the (something) Necromancer from DAIL. One point in skeleton & he keeps fair bit of aggro.

/phew

I donì't know if running with caster armor is really viable - i mean you lose a lot of defense but what you gain in exchange? More spell damage etc? I really never tried, so i suppose this will be the time.

Deleted
    If you ever played Torchlight, it's similar caster problems.
    You get aggro, run from mobs until they stand to hit you, then run away and hit them.

Rinse and repeat. Huge downside, if hit or surrounded, panic like hell ������

I've only put points into spirit so far and have only ran out a couple of times.

That much mana, I can get range and do a lot of damage before I have to run again.

Necro thing shows a shield for4. 5seconds that blocks upto....... 9999999damage lol.
    I'm deffo going for that, combined with Arcanists Nullification for DOTS help.

Tank route in star tree.

Also making use of the area, making mobs & bosses have to struggle to get through small gaps en masse
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2016-08-30 at 04:38 PM.

Ranger is another really good designed class. Gives me a base attack plus a proc+energy regen if i use a ranged1h+magic oh setup and has later a passive poison effect on weapon attacks. Definitely the good choice with Occultist due to the passive cahos aura, the ground aoe attack and Blood of dreeg. Eye of dreg would be nice to have but i either spam the magic attack or the spell.

Imho all the "dream", "defense" and others are not really good designs. I plan to just remove them tbh - it's nice however Coronus, Necro and ArchNecro are all based on the same concept but they work pretty differently and have their use. Same with Engineer/Cenobite/Illusionist.

Some of the WIP ones (not included) look awesome. I'd just like the insane number of class buttons are removed and/or better placed

Deleted
    Ranger looks easy mode here, although the kid is in easy mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Y4smRfrVE

Do try not to TP cheat

Second time lucky....?
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2016-08-31 at 01:27 PM.