Deleted

Monk WW - must be nerfed or..?

Hi all, i have a question for you: in your opinion the current WW will take some big nerf? and in what ability?

I played enah and retri since many years and now i want to reroll because i dont like the last 2 class (expecially retri...my last MAIN), i see that monk WW are very good now but i dont want reroll in a good class that in 2 month it will be nerfed like pandaria like a shit....

any opinion?

thx!

the only thing i could see being nerfed is strike of the windlord since it's basically a delete button on beta. they can't really nerf anything else or the spec would be gutted

Deleted
    I don't think we need a huge nerf. As kalaratic said Strike of the Windlord might need some ajustments. Other than that I think there are speccs that are far more powerful at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    I don't think we need a huge nerf. As kalaratic said Strike of the Windlord might need some ajustments. Other than that I think there are speccs that are far more powerful at the moment.
    Uhm i have heard on beta that monk now is one of most OP class within rogue and dk and all said that need a big nerf expecially in aoe and mobility...so i open this 3d to be quite sure that blizzard will not destroy them in the opening of legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Zayr View Post
    Uhm i have heard on beta that monk now is one of most OP class within rogue and dk and all said that need a big nerf expecially in aoe and mobility...so i open this 3d to be quite sure that blizzard will not destroy them in the opening of legion...
    With all that mobility, all that huge burst dmg with serenity, and karma. Monks are God tier, and expect FoTM in all arenas unless nerfed hard.

Deleted
    You may want to specify which area of the game you think about.

- In PvP, the templates have already been cut down (afaik SotW anf FoF to 70%, primary to 85%). It's possible that there's more to come, I'm not sure how those nerfs have panned out.
    - In 5 man instances, WW has a HUGE potential with all the aoe damage going out, a single target CC if needed and a really good aoe stun.
    - In the raid it's a hit or miss, depending on the boss fights. Bosses with aoe phases push WW up, and nerfs may be more likely. Cleave bosses which had to be tanked far from each other would push WW down. It's too early to tell how it will be overall.

All in all, it's really hard to predict. There are so many factors, including boss design, differences at very different gear levels and different artifacts, PvP meta, etc. Different spells have different strengths in those different parts of the game. A possible change I'd see would be that SotW does only some of its damage in one hit, and gets the rest added to a dot, to nerf the burst in PvP, while not gutting the overall damage.

The only thing I can say for certain: WW monk has a lot of potential in all possible areas of the game, so it's certainly possible that he will end up a little too strong and brought down a notch. But that's the case for many specs, so my advice would be: Look at the mechanics of the classes, at the spells, and if you enjoy them, and decide if you want to reroll based on that.

After what they did to us in WoDs, this needs to be an apology, not nerf us again.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

We just got some nerfs in PvP now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Hi all, i have a question for you: in your opinion the current WW will take some big nerf? and in what ability?

I played enah and retri since many years and now i want to reroll because i dont like the last 2 class (expecially retri...my last MAIN), i see that monk WW are very good now but i dont want reroll in a good class that in 2 month it will be nerfed like pandaria like a shit....

any opinion?

thx!
    Yes it needs to be nerfed to the ground with all other classes that might impede on Mages and Warlocks being top dps... yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not at Affli and Demo Locks' level of OPness in PvP at the moment.

Both these Lock specs should take the biggest nerfs. WW Monks aren't as bad.

Deleted
    Ok thx for the answers, and what about tier 19? it will be good have only 1000 mastery all the time? i think isn't a good bonus...

and same question...how about artifact? is good like or more than other class?

the set would be the definitely answere about the dps..

I speak for PVE WW
    Last edited by mmoc19babb9dcb; 2016-08-06 at 09:13 PM.

any opinion?

thx!
    Rerolling because something is good is the worst thing you can do at the start of an expansion, especially this one with the pvp templates

You should find something you enjoy playing and play it, nomather how strong, it will prolly get buffed to be on par if you play something like ele shammy (just an example, because they are lackluster atm )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Still not at Affli and Demo Locks' level of OPness in PvP at the moment.

Both these Lock specs should take the biggest nerfs. WW Monks aren't as bad.
    dmg wise, way better than both those, ww needs an adjustment (not sure the current pvp template nerfs are enough) since you can literally kill someone in legsweep, even if they trinket it (if you have FoF stun to followup)

But yeah, that doesnt mean that locks are okay, they are super busted, they need like a 50% reduction to selfheals in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Guh I wish people would just play classes because they're FUN... not because they're "better" than others at a given moment.

Doubt WW will get much -if any- nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush1701 View Post
    Guh I wish people would just play classes because they're FUN... not because they're "better" than others at a given moment.

Doubt WW will get much -if any- nerfs.
    Doing more damage than others and winning arena matches is fun, what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Nique View Post
    Doing more damage than others and winning arena matches is fun, what's the problem?
    The problem is here that OP wants to play the most powerful class but also not have to reroll, and you can't really have both. You stick with a class because you have fun with its mechanics, or you reroll to FotM. These are pretty mutually exclusive (unless the claims that mages are always fine are really 100% true.)

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since this thread is more about what the OP should play, and asking people to see the future, it's not a thread we typically permit. Nerfs and buffs can and will continue to happen regularly several weeks into the expansion. It also depends heavily on what content you're talking about, where WW was just nerfed in PvP because it was too strong.

Only time will tell what gets nerfed or buffed and unless you're playing in the top 1% of each spec, your personal skill will matter more than the capabilities of a class.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch