Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    I'm just testing an idea i had in my head.. actionbars are hidden while OOC same goes for the "unitframe" even though the unitframe is just the new frame in 7.0.3..

The health numbers are mine on the left and target on the right, these are also hidden while OOC.

I don't know how practical this one will be, but this is the idea i had the second i knew about the new "unitframe" underneath my character..

@Lyn, is there alot of coding involved doing this? As i'm using your UI as base, because it looks amazing. Moving the map i think is prett easy, but the questlog/buffs and actionbars might give me a challenge.

And how would i do the healthnumbers etc :S ?
    unfortunately i think your action bars will taint if you parent them to the nameplate since it will be moving them in combat

[QUOTE=OOMM;41755675]A little more progress on my default feeling UI.

Tiny tweaks here and there. For example, I fixed the centering of the target's level text. You can compare that to the default look on the player frame which I have yet to do.

Need to change texture on raid frames. Need to think about buffs/debuffs at the bottom, seem a little too plain but don't have any ideas for how to improve and keep somewhat default flavor.

VIDEO REMOVED

Cool stuff man Know at least a few people who are dedicated to default UI - this might be a nice upgrade for them =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Idle:

Combat:

Edit: Made some changes to the font of the Target nameplates: bigger font with a different outline.

Yes the baseline is Elv's, just want to change a couple of things:
    - Work towards some Weak Aura's to track Auras/Buffs/Debuffs
    - My Energy (Maelstrom) bar will become a Weak Aura (really bad at WA's so might need to copy/pasta an existing one).
    - Fix an issue with Bigwigs (not visible on picture) on positioning of important Aura's.

Any suggestions/additions anyone could give me ? I tried to keep it clean and easy to use, while still showing most of what is needed in a Raiding or PvP environement.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-08-06 at 10:01 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I am using STUF as well but I have some shadow showing. I will try to post a screen later.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is. The font looks a bit off but maybe it's just me?

it looks to be a combination of you using a condensed/thinner variant of Expressway and the font size being smaller which screws up outlines sometimes. Try the thicker Expressway and increase the font size. I've noticed that even nudging font sizes up or down 1 size will fix wierd outline issues.

Also make sure each of your font strings dont have the shadow offsets set. By default theyre set to 1, -1. Should be 0 , 0

Last edited by kheath812; 2016-08-06 at 10:38 PM.

My take on a healing UI. Most likely remaking it though.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    it looks to be a combination of you using a condensed/thinner variant of Expressway and the font size being smaller which screws up outlines sometimes. Try the thicker Expressway and increase the font size. I've noticed that even nudging font sizes up or down 1 size will fix wierd outline issues.

Also make sure each of your font strings dont have the shadow offsets set. By default theyre set to 1, -1. Should be 0 , 0

Thanks for the advice I will try doing what you said!

7+ Year Old Account

http://imgur.com/a/8ygNQ

Will provide list if anyone is interested.

Any idea why I can't IMGUR link with image tags?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malus416 View Post

http://imgur.com/a/8ygNQ

Will provide list if anyone is interested.

Any idea why I can't IMGUR link with image tags?
    Was bugged for me too, that's why I linked them in a different way.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Here it is. The font looks a bit off but maybe it's just me?

What Masque version is this? Action bar icons looking really clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    My take on a healing UI. Most likely remaking it though.

Always like your UI's Birg! Question: What's the name of the fonts you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Looks great! I installed your UI last night, it's very good aesthetically! I know you're trying to figure out how best to work out a healing UI, any luck on that? I think the placement at the bottom left or towards the bottom left-bottom middle would be ideal. I'm trying to think of ways to adjust a healing UI as well. Are there simple ways to switch between two different raid layouts using your specific raid-frames setup?

What raid/party interface is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    What raid/party interface is that?
    his own UI ? LynUI is possible to download at wowinterface

Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Looks great! I installed your UI last night, it's very good aesthetically! I know you're trying to figure out how best to work out a healing UI, any luck on that? I think the placement at the bottom left or towards the bottom left-bottom middle would be ideal. I'm trying to think of ways to adjust a healing UI as well. Are there simple ways to switch between two different raid layouts using your specific raid-frames setup?
    I would try to - finally - polish my code and put the healing and dps layout in a specific file and you can just switch them out.
    I haven't started yet, but I finally have an idea. Hopefully that works out since I never played a healer so I have no clue what they exactly need.
    oh, honey.

I would try to - finally - polish my code and put the healing and dps layout in a specific file and you can just switch them out.
    I haven't started yet, but I finally have an idea. Hopefully that works out since I never played a healer so I have no clue what they exactly need.
    Sweet! Got an idea of what you're going to start with? I'm going to main a healer this xpac for the first time ever, so I have no idea what they need just yet either =P. I'm assuming a centralized raid frames setup to make mouseover and click casting a lot easier to do in a raid environment. I'm assuming there also needs to be a HoT tracker or buff/debuff tracker within these raid frames (I'm not sure if you already have this functionality with yours or not). These are just my two cents as someone new to the role!

Hey! That's me again w/ progress on alert system rework

I spent this weekend levelling my char on beta, cuz I needed to test world quest toasts.

So far I added unique backgrounds to invasion, world quest, in-game store, dungeon, archaeology and few item (pvp and legendary loot) toasts. One note about legendary toast, I decided to keep the dragon, haha.

I still need to add BG to item upgrade toasts, cuz I think it's sorta significant thing. I may add more unique BGs in the future. Right now all default alerts are replaced.

P. S. Dungeon toast BG is artwork for Violet Hold, I thought it's the best dung for this toast, cuz everyone "loved" VH in WotLK

-- update #1

Now I need to add in-game config T_T The worst part of addon development, ugh. Fortunately, it won't have many options.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-08-07 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Sweet! Got an idea of what you're going to start with? I'm going to main a healer this xpac for the first time ever, so I have no idea what they need just yet either =P. I'm assuming a centralized raid frames setup to make mouseover and click casting a lot easier to do in a raid environment. I'm assuming there also needs to be a HoT tracker or buff/debuff tracker within these raid frames (I'm not sure if you already have this functionality with yours or not). These are just my two cents as someone new to the role!
    hot tracker? oh well. So buffs (1-3), debuffs (1-3?) hm. okay.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Hey! That's me again w/ progress on alert system rework

I spent this weekend levelling my char on beta, cuz I needed to test world quest toasts.

So far I added unique backgrounds to invasion, world quest, in-game store, dungeon, archaeology and few item (pvp and legendary loot) toasts. One note about legendary toast, I decided to keep the dragon, haha.

I still need to add BG to item upgrade toasts, cuz I think it's sorta significant thing. I may add more unique BGs in the future. Right now all default alerts are replaced.

P. S. Dungeon toast BG is artwork for Violet Hold, I thought it's the best dung for this toast, cuz everyone "loved" VH in WotLK

-- update #1

Now I need to add in-game config T_T The worst part of addon development, ugh. Fortunately, it won't have many options.
    Oh my ... I am in love with that alert frames. I dunno if I missed that but will these be stand alone?
    oh, honey.

Oh my ... I am in love with that alert frames. I dunno if I missed that but will these be stand alone?
    Thanks, and yeah, it'll be a standalone addon Hopefully, I'll release it within next 1-2 weeks.

And ofc I'll post here about it