Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I never said day 1. However that is irrelevant to the point. Many game updates have made previous game version saves incompatible with the newer version. It is because something was changed in the base of the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...compatibility/ It happened part of the way with the witcher. Once you made a save in the new version it no longer worked for previous versions.
    Do you even understand what you just linked? Witcher 3 save files aren't compatible with OLDER versions of the game then the one you make a save on. OLDER saves load perfectly fine in newer versions it just doesn't go backwards for obvious reasons called expansions.

So now we're relating this fiasco to save corrupting bugs? LOL.

Its part of the risk you take when playing a game prior to its official launch.
    Except it's not, because this has never been a risk with playing single player console games you acquire early. Ever.

7+ Year Old Account

It was a mistake. It happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ZoBqfWxqk "UPDATE: SCEA has released the copyright claim against our original news update, acknowledged it was a mistake, and apologized! Being angry over internet injustice has worked wonders once again!"
    i dont think it was a mistake... that kinda stuff has to be done manually... they most likely saw the "no mans sky leak" in the title and dident watch the video, then striked it

and now that people are freaking out at them, they said it was a "mistake"

cause if they spent the 10 seconds it would take to scroll through the video to see if it actuallty shows video of the leak, or any thing of them... then they would not strike it...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-06 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Been watching more streams. All the station interiors are the same, no matter where you are in the universe. The same NPCs appear over and over again in the stations, and without fail they are all wearing the same spacesuit. A little bit of variation would have been nice.
    I've noticed that too on the streams. You'd think they could procedurally generate some buildings as well lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I've noticed that too on the streams. You'd think they could procedurally generate some buildings as well lol.
    When you have a team of 20 people trying to create assets for procedural generation variety is certainly not going to be a strong suit.

You would think they could at least reskin some of them though ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    "No Man's Buy". Seriously, we've seen this shit before with Spore. Pretty, but boring after a week or two of play.
    No shit lol. I will fucking paypal the first person to have an experience that was shown on the E3 trailer $1000 if they upload me a video. I'm talking large animals in a pond, another large animal charging to kill a beast and causing the trees to move like Jurassic park, and then taking off and flying alongside AI space ships and having dog fights. One thousand mother fucking dollars!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont think it was a mistake... that kinda stuff has to be done manually... they most likely saw the "no mans sky leak" in the title and dident watch the video, then striked it
    That is exactly what a mistake is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    When you have a team of 20 people trying to create assets for procedural generation variety is certainly not going to be a strong suit.

You would think they could at least reskin some of them though ffs...
    I just want to know what they decided to cut from the game to prevent the utterly repetitive interiors and aliens. That had to be a meeting!

No shit lol. I will fucking paypal the first person to have an experience that was shown on the E3 trailer $1000 if they upload me a video. I'm talking large animals in a pond, another large animal charging to kill a beast and causing the trees to move like Jurassic park, and then taking off and flying alongside AI space ships and having dog fights. One thousand mother fucking dollars!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M Trailer isn't as impressive as you make it sound. Even if this was a legit gameplay experience in the final product it wouldn't sell me on the game in the least.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is exactly what a mistake is.
    yeah, i was going into why, even though it was a acident/mistake, they could have avoided it, just they fucked up cause they dident take the normal steps to do it normally

yeah, i was going into why, even though it was a acident/mistake, they could have avoided it, just they fucked up cause they dident take the normal steps to do it normally
    This shit is all automated now, the only time an actual human looks at a video is when the automated system fucked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M Trailer isn't as impressive as you make it sound. Even if this was a legit gameplay experience in the final product it wouldn't sell me on the game in the least.
    It's not about selling you on shit, it is about them not showing gameplay indicative of the actual experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    So now we're relating this fiasco to save corrupting bugs? LOL.
    Not all of those were save corrupting bugs. The fact of the matter is that patches have made previous version save games no longer work. It happens sometimes. No matter how much you want to deny it, it happens. It isn't a big deal that a game that isn't officially released yet releases a patch that can't load previous version saves.

I am pretty sure that the PS4 can version check games even on physical disks if needed. You also don't know if it is something that NMS does or not. Because there isn't a different version for it to check against. It doesn't matter if you think it hasn't been a risk before which I'd ask for proof but you only seem to care about others proving their statements. What matters is that it has happened before and it is and should be an expected risk when playing anything prior to its release. Day 1 patches are common enough in the industry that most gamers shouldn't even be able to claim ignorance.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    This shit is all automated now, the only time an actual human looks at a video is when the automated system fucked up.
    except its not, as if it was, anything mentioning no man sky would have instantly been taken down, that was the only video mentioning no man sky leak and got taken down

It's not about selling you on shit, it is about them not showing gameplay indicative of the actual experience.
    That gameplay was far from impressive and minus the AI fighters I have seen the same garbage from the leaks. That's what I'm saying, you're claiming it's a bullshot but it looks like the same shit gameplay NMS has always looked like and still does.

Obviously it's one of the better planets/regions as they aren't going to pick a shit one for the trailer. I don't find it hard to believe in the least that planets like that actually exist however.

Like I said, everything but the AI fighter jets I have seen in the leaked gameplay, looks the same to me. You describe it like it was a completely different experience. I don't see it...

- - - Updated - - -

except its not, as if it was, anything mentioning no man sky would have instantly been taken down, that was the only video mentioning no man sky leak and got taken down
    The word "leak" is exactly why it got flagged by a companies automated system. And no, the system does not literally find every video ever meeting the same criteria it looks for popular ones.

Can't believe you think every company hires a bunch of workers just to scower youtube every day. DMCA violations are 90% automated.

7+ Year Old Account
    That gameplay was far from impressive and minus the AI fighters I have seen the same garbage from the leaks. That's what I'm saying, you're claiming it's a bullshot but it looks like the same shit gameplay NMS has always looked like and still does.

Obviously it's one of the better planets/regions as they aren't going to pick a shit one for the trailer. I don't find it hard to believe in the least that planets like that actually exist however.

Like I said, everything but the AI fighter jets I have seen in the leaked gameplay, looks the same to me. You describe it like it was a completely different experience. I don't see it...

- - - Updated - - -

The word "leak" is exactly why it got flagged by a companies automated system. And no, the system does not literally find every video ever meeting the same criteria it looks for popular ones.

Can't believe you think every company hires a bunch of workers just to scower youtube every day. DMCA violations are 90% automated.
    uhh no not exactly.... if a video has alot of veiws they have somone look through it, and strike it if its bad... for the less popular ones though they do it automated

the ONLY automated system is if a video clip is used for too long, and it pairs it to a copyrighted content, or audio aswell... those are the only automated systems... they dont automaticly take down videos with a automated "name system"

there has never been a automated name DMCA takedown system because that is insanely stupid... pixels with adam sandler did that, and they got in a MAAAAASSIVE amount of trouble for that, even aciddently taking down their own trailer
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-07 at 01:03 AM.

Lol shut the fuck up. What I described is exactly what happens in the footage, and it was a rather bland explanation without a hint of affectation. A completely different experience?! You're fucking delusional.

I highly doubt the animals interact the same way they did in the trailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    To me it sounds like a lie and coverup to save sales. Even if they patch the game on day 1, it wont change much (mostly just performance update). They never add any more content (exeption is day 1 dlcs).
    Day 1 patches can be huge because the discs have to be made weeks if not months in advance, depending upon scale of expected sales.

Back in the days when online was not a guaranteed thing, yeah they had to release perfect versions of games. These days to shove something out the door they print with bugs and anticipate to fix those bugs between printing and release date.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I hold you to this promise if it actually happens and I record it? :P
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Can I hold you to this promise if it actually happens and I record it? :P
    Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    One guy bought a copy on ebay for $1250 iirc, the guy that originally got it either had a friend in retail or worked at a store? Something like that. Most of the others are because some stores put PS4 copies on shelves not knowing they weren't supposed to yet and people were able to buy them.
    lol this game is becoming a joke.

Physical console versions of games always leak week+ before release date and never once has a developer ever tried to wipe progress with a day 1 patch.

If you wanted the game to not work before release date then you should have required the servers to be up to use it and to not bring them up until midnight on release day. Since it behaves like 90% of console single player games you should leave it alone.

People keep trying to list Sony here but Sony has never done the practices in the past with any of their first party games. This is all on Hello Games, and Sony is just eating the PR backlash from their disaster.
    Ehhh Dark Souls 1 mass slaughtered anyone who even TRIED to play it by unleashing max level character to kill them. Devs di alot if weird shit to prevent early release stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck.
    Hey, someone ate cat food on video for his statement "If best buy sells it at MSRP I'll eat cat food". And so he eats his own word, or cat food in this case. You never know!