Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    Tl;Dr of this thread = "This classes playstyle isn't for me so instead of admitting that I'll complain til they change core mechanics."

/thread
    TL;DR of your account = I'm scared to shitpost on my main account, so lets make a new one.

It was actually posted so that the myraids of people who keep saying "don't take Nemesis if you don't want to Fel Rush" don't need to have it explained to them on every page of the Havoc threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    Could this be because the sim is assuming you would otherwise be doing nothing? Even looking at a blind fury/momentum sim it has fel rush damage at a little over 6%, which is still enhanced by 20% due to the momentum buff.

Need to see a sim that uses demon bite/fel eruption/blind fury to see how much damage using fel rush on CD would more accurately give.
    As I said in the OP, the APL for Blind Fury/Demon Blades/Nemesis probably needs some work, although with the amount of downtime using Demon Blades I'm sure it's not too far off.

With Demon's Bite usage, Blind Fury/DA/FE chosen, and Fel Rush completely removed from the APL - 199797 DPS. If I add Fel Rush just ahead of Demon's Bite on that APL, it goes up to 206990 DPS.

Again, I only modified the talents chosen and completely removed Fel Rush in one case, and allowed it to be used only ahead of Demon's Bite in the second. It might be off, but from those priority orders it still seems to indicate we want to use Fel Rush.

One thing to note, and I'm not sure if this is a problem in the sim or not.. but it seems that Fel Rush DPET is approximately double that of the damage it actually does. I'm guessing this is because it doesn't trigger a GCD, I'm not sure how accurate a representation this is of the DPET of the ability as it fits into the rotation, though. You are still "locked" from using an ability while you're rushing so it could be pushing Fel Rush using rotations higher than they would be in game.

Would take a smarter mind than I to work that out, though.

Actually I made an account specifically to post that, I don't have another, but whatever keeps you happy.

My only problem with the dominance of the fel rush build is that it seems awkward to constantly get displaced and to burn your mobility to add damage - it just seems like Fel Rush should help Demon Hunters get to things to kill and use their other tools to kill those things instead of being a tool used to kill things - if that's how it's going to be, why doesn't it just shoot you like a rubber-band if you hit FR again within a half second? Or something on that order that helps preserve this playstyle without shooting you all willy-nilly? It seems really fun in the beta for leveling - I usually just dice through things and move to the next one, but since this game isn't played overhead (so it's not as quick to use as Renekton or Illidan's dash abilities in MOBAs) it's a bit wonky to fling your camera around to rush back through.

I'd just like to see it not be so dominant - there's usually always one build that's better than the rest, but I'd like to see them break that a little bit here with a brand new class and a clean slate.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    with the dominance of the fel rush build
    What do you mean with "fel rush build"? Momentum?

Momentum and Fel Mastery leading to the whole Fel Rush-in-the-rotation way of playing.

Not sure how things turn up with talents at 110, but I imagine there are other choices in the tree that are influenced by the fact that you take Fel Mastery and Momentum.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    You'll still use fel rush without momentum though. Fel mastery is the only worthwhile talent on that row and gives fel rush a massive boost over demon's bite as a fury generator.

No matter what build you choose you are still going to be using FR on cool down to do damage as opposed to using it for mobility and gap closing which is a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticx View Post
    No matter what build you choose you are still going to be using FR on cool down to do damage as opposed to using it for mobility and gap closing which is a real shame.
    Why? If you don't pick two talents fel rush isn't worth using ST, remember, demon blades won't be the best choice in that tier once they get the numbers right (Going by the dev Q&A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Why? If you don't pick two talents fel rush isn't worth using ST, remember, demon blades won't be the best choice in that tier once they get the numbers right (Going by the dev Q&A)
    Change the name to "No Resource Needed High Damage Dealer", and you will understand why you will still use FR on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why but i have a feeling that they will nerf Fel Rush and Fel mastery, buffing up Blind fury and chaos blade or Eye beam.

Then next, the people on this forum will declare war against everyone who disliked FR/Momentum builds and blame them for blizz cattering to the "casuals and non skilled players and plebs with their shit connection of 300+ ms"

Just a weird...feeling im having.

Hopefully i don't care a about PvE

Deleted
    hm, I dont understand all the "hate" for using FR in Combat. The moment they revealed the class and its abillitys, for me it was pretty clear that FR is not a "charge,Leap" just only for moving from A to B, its more like a in Combat Dash like Vergil from DMC (cant post videos yet), charging through enemys, hitting them left and right in the face :-)
    And I really want it to be exactly this!

What I dont like is the VR mechanic, jumping through hitboxes from left to right and such, to stay in melee range. For me, and I have a thought that the DEVS wanted it the same way initially, the best use would be, VR backwards like a Hunter, trigger Momentum with that, use Eyebeam and/or TG on that Momentum procc, FELBLADE or FR back in to trigger the next momentum to engage melee again. That would be the coolest way for me. No akward sideway jump through the boss and stuff.

I really hope they will tune Felblade at least, it fits so well for the momentum playstyle, at least for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticCrow View Post
    hm, I dont understand all the "hate" for using FR in Combat. The moment they revealed the class and its abillitys, for me it was pretty clear that FR is not a "charge,Leap" just only for moving from A to B, its more like a in Combat Dash like Vergil from DMC (cant post videos yet), charging through enemys, hitting them left and right in the face :-)
    And I really want it to be exactly this!

What I dont like is the VR mechanic, jumping through hitboxes from left to right and such, to stay in melee range. For me, and I have a thought that the DEVS wanted it the same way initially, the best use would be, VR backwards like a Hunter, trigger Momentum with that, use Eyebeam and/or TG on that Momentum procc, FELBLADE or FR back in to trigger the next momentum to engage melee again. That would be the coolest way for me. No akward sideway jump through the boss and stuff.

I really hope they will tune Felblade at least, it fits so well for the momentum playstyle, at least for me.
    Just VR into Fel Barrage, it allows you to move while "casting" it or Eye Beam. However i do agree that FelBlade would make it easier/more fluent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Will Blizz make another tuning between the date demon hunter playable and legion launch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iTei View Post
    Will Blizz make another tuning between the date demon hunter playable and legion launch?
    Why does DH need a tuning pass? it's already among the top melee classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Why does DH need a tuning pass? it's already among the top melee classes.
    I am not saying demon hunter needs buff, just wondering whether Blizz will do something to demon hunter, could be a nerf. Because I personally like EB and still wish blizz could do something and make it useful in ST rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iTei View Post
    I am not saying demon hunter needs buff, just wondering whether Blizz will do something to demon hunter, could be a nerf. Because I personally like EB and still wish blizz could do something and make it useful in ST rotation.
    But it's already part of ST rotation?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    But it's already part of ST rotation?
    Just red the guide, and yes, EB is part of ST rotation with Anguish. Thx for heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    Tl;Dr of this thread = "This classes playstyle isn't for me so instead of admitting that I'll complain til they change core mechanics."

/thread
    ^
    This is a 100% accurate analysis.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    ^
    This is a 100% accurate analysis.
    Actually it's not. This is the same broken mechanic that monks had for all of WoD. The old chi torpedo is pretty much exactly the same as FR. It was bad then, and it's bad now with its new name. Why do you think they took the damage out of torpedo? Because no one, or the vast majority, hated using their mobility tools to do damage and not what they are for, mobility. Maybe you are ok with a Blizzard taking a bad mechanic out of one class and recycling it into another, but a lot of people aren't.