Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Frost and Unholy Death Knight TMW Rotation Profile - 7.0.3 - LEGION w/Download

This is a Rotation guide built in TMW for Frost and Unholy that will display important information in the center of your screen so that you can easily deal the most damage possible.

This is set up to work with any talent setup so feel free to play and find what works or use guides online to get the most of your class.

UPDATE 10/4/2016

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

Frost

- Added conditions for Frostscythe. It will now display instead of Obliterate when Killing Machine is procced and the talent is taken
    - Added priority conditions for Icy Talons

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

This will allow you to use this profile as you see it.

Hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by chesder; 2016-10-04 at 09:34 PM.

Much appreciated chesder, I asked, you answered and delivered

Will give this a run later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Much appreciated chesder, I asked, you answered and delivered

Will give this a run later today.
    Hope it helps you ! Let me know if you come across any bugs Feedback is always appreciated

So playing the game is too hard now and we need addons to show us what button we need to press in order to make the best dps? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    So playing the game is too hard now and we need addons to show us what button we need to press in order to make the best dps? Lol.
    As we move into a new expansion and more players want to try classes that they haven't played before, simple guides like these allow them to get more accustom to the new systems and improve their play by supplementing it with other guides and material available online and through discussions with players.

This is more of a tool to track cooldowns and manage debuffs without the need to stare at bars buff timers.

Again if you find yourself skilled enough to play the class without assistance from addons such as these then it just means you have a solid understanding of your class.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    As we move into a new expansion and more players want to try classes that they haven't played before, simple guides like these allow them to get more accustom to the new systems and improve their play by supplementing it with other guides and material available online and through discussions with players.

This is more of a tool to track cooldowns and manage debuffs without the need to stare at bars buff timers.

Again if you find yourself skilled enough to play the class without assistance from addons such as these then it just means you have a solid understanding of your class.
    Exactly. Think of it as training wheels for your character. The game already does this for us pretty much, but like Chesder said it comes in the form of a buff in the upper right, or a cooldown in the lower middle, and all the while those things are happening you get rime and killing machine procs in the middle.

This puts everything in the middle so players of all levels can focus on the other aspects of the encounters.

Great job Chesder!

It's too bad the forums don't link to your armory. Would love to see your "lfr hero" status next to your comment. Well done! This took a lot of effort, so I hope Chesder ignores you and continues to help people where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    It's too bad the forums don't link to your armory. Would love to see your "lfr hero" status next to your comment. Well done! This took a lot of effort, so I hope Chesder ignores you and continues to help people where he can.
    Well, sorry, I mean, the TMW he made can be really helpful, I just dont get how someone can enjoy the game when something is telling him exactly what to press, I did not mean to offend anyone - that is simply my opinion.

I am not neither world top raider nor "lfr hero". http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skbloom/simple

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry man, really did not mean to offend you and when I look at my response, it was too salty. I apologize. I guess you are right, but it is double edged sword - I think game can get really boring when you are just repeting stuff told by an addon.

Even though I personally don't need this for my dk, I have found these TMW profiles to be very helpful for learning the basic rotations of some of the other overhauled classes and specs I haven't played much of. So in short, thanks for doing this. It's appreciated by many people, I'm sure.

How do you get the main rotation group show the global cd sweep?

... it was too salty. I apologize. .
    Call me impressed! As to your point, like viking posted above, on my main class I wouldn't really need this. But for the others that I don't feel like investing hours of play into to see if I like trhem now, this profile is extremely useful. I can spend 15 minutes to see the rotation at work, see if I enjoy it. If not, not a big deal. If I do, I can just learn some from the addon a bit until it's comfortable to play. Then break off into more study/practice to really learn the class well. Just shaving some time off learning a class basically.

Call me impressed! As to your point, like viking posted above, on my main class I wouldn't really need this. But for the others that I don't feel like investing hours of play into to see if I like trhem now, this profile is extremely useful. I can spend 15 minutes to see the rotation at work, see if I enjoy it. If not, not a big deal. If I do, I can just learn some from the addon a bit until it's comfortable to play. Then break off into more study/practice to really learn the class well. Just shaving some time off learning a class basically.
    Ideally people use it this way. Find what works for them and improve upon it. Ultimately I'd like players to get a better understanding of their class and even if it's not the best dps they can have fun playing it

Deleted
    The only people this helps are people who dont want to put in an ounce of effort for everything, but still be able to look like they can play (when in reality an addon is playing the game for them). Because you wont learn anything from following an ability queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    The only people this helps are people who dont want to put in an ounce of effort for everything, but still be able to look like they can play (when in reality an addon is playing the game for them). Because you wont learn anything from following an ability queue.
    Druid comes out tomorrow

Minor updates made, should be more accurate to spell changes now
    link only shows the version from the 6th, do you have an updated one? thanks

Minor updates made, should be more accurate to spell changes now

- - - Updated - - -

After some more beta testing, I don't think Frostscythe should replace Obliterate without the t18 4 piece.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    @chesder, will you be releasing a blood version as well?

Cheers

Edit: While waiting for a response i made my own cd's. But i can't seem to be able to track Marrowrend/Bone Shield for some reason.
    Last edited by Relidar; 2016-08-10 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relidar View Post
    @chesder, will you be releasing a blood version as well?

Cheers

Edit: While waiting for a response i made my own cd's. But i can't seem to be able to track Marrowrend/Bone Shield for some reason.
    Sorry for delays, had some fun times with family. What were you trying to track specifically? Uptimes or absorbs?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for delays, had some fun times with family. What were you trying to track specifically? Uptimes or absorbs?
    No worries!

I'm trying to track the stacks/charges of Bone Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Relidar View Post
    No worries!

I'm trying to track the stacks/charges of Bone Shield.
    I haven't touched Blood in a while, so I'll just cover some basics.

1. If Bone Shield is a Spell that has stacks/charges, you just have to track the spell cooldown and in the bottom right of the Icon Setup you have to have in the second text display [Stacks:Hide(0)]

2. If it's a buff that has the stacks then you just have to track a Buff icon that was cast by you on the Player and again make sure the text display has [Stacks:Hide(0)]

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE 8/11/2016

General

- Added GCD Tracker to both specs

Unholy

- Replaced Army of the Dead CD tracker with Summon Gargoyle/Arbiter tracker. Added Artifact ability Apocalypse to the main cooldown section (Replacing previous spot for Summon Gargoyle/Arbiter

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE