Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The movie was plenty allright. This constant bullshit of rampaging idiots hating on every movie is ludicrous.

Just saw it. 6-7 out of 10 from me. Joker wasn't Heath, so that is a big hit to me, and the movie wasn't R. Obviously Heath can't be fixed or anything and it's not like Leto did badly, just different. The R thing is a huge hit to me. How can the "bad guys" not be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Just saw it. 6-7 out of 10 from me. Joker wasn't Heath, so that is a big hit to me, and the movie wasn't R. Obviously Heath can't be fixed or anything and it's not like Leto did badly, just different. The R thing is a huge hit to me. How can the "bad guys" not be bad?
    Incase u didn't know and I leaked it on the last page but a lot of Leto's scenes was cut from the movie. Sucks that happen since it seems like he worked his ass off to do that role the best he could.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Incase u didn't know and I leaked it on the last page but a lot of Leto's scenes was cut from the movie. Sucks that happen since it seems like he worked his ass off to do that role the best he could.
    And how does knowing this make the movie better?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And how does knowing this make the movie better?
    It doesn't, Just pointing out we didn't get to see the full role.

Maybe we will get to see it in the full ultra blu-ray fuck you in the ass if you buy digital bundle they release.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

meh..Leto wouldn't have bee able to get close enough to Ledger anyway.

And this...relationship that this Joker had with Harley...it was just awful and not real to me.

And this...relationship that this Joker had with Harley...it was just awful and not real to me.
    It's funny that Leto complained as if he matched Ledger's performance. Him saying stuff like "If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out" is probably not really the move to make since it somewhat implies that Ledger's Joker is only overhyped because of his death. I'm sure it's not what he meant, but I wouldn't be surprised if people took it that way.

Like, cool dude we understand that you went full method actor and pulled incredibly tame and cringey/annoying pranks on the cast during filming to be Jokery. So twisted and dedicated to your non-lead role. You wanted people to see how you portrayed the re-imagined fedora tier neo-joker and that's fine since you did put a lot of work into it, but give it a rest.

The only person out there who I believe might give a good Joker at this point is Crispin Glover. Leto can play Joker's Daughter.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Suicide Squad, probably one of the worst movies I've ever paid for.

Felt like watching Avengers Assemble being forced through a Deadpool flick... decent if you're into that sort of thing, I suppose.

Didn't like the lack of a story. It was just action. Enchantress was badass. I give it one thumb up out of 2.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Heath Ledger was the worst Joker to date. His role took an amazing character and turned him into a random crazy guy that happened to have some face paint. I'm not saying it was his fault - perhaps Nolan was to blame, or the role was just written poorly, but it was about as disloyal to the character as is possible without giving the role to Tyler Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I hated Suicide Squad, probably one of the worst movies I've ever paid for.
    A very comprehensive review and very helpful too.

[QUOTE=TheramoreIsTheBomb;41698978]The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    QUOTE]

rotten tomatoes icompletely biased reviewer. ignore them newbs

It wasn't critically acclaimed, and having watched it I can easily tell why. The story was straightforward -- not in a good way -- and was a bit cliche in a lot of ways. Bad ways. But despite this, the movie was still entertaining.

Honestly, I knew it was bad going into it, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. And don't assume I'm the kind of person that enjoys bad movies and has terrible taste in films -- I sometimes obsess over critic ratings and I hate movies that have no real redeeming values (Warcraft, looking at you).

In the end, what else can you really ask for than the movie to be fun to watch? It wasn't a moving film that inspired or excited me, sure, but I enjoyed it enough. I wouldn't recommend paying full price for this movie, but if you can catch a matinee showing for $5-6, it's probably worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw Suicide Squad and I absolutely LOVED it.

The joker: let go of Heath Ledger just like we let go of Jack Nicholson. This was a unique rendition of the Joker and Letto played him well. He was fully immersed in character, you could see the psychotic narcissism and plenty of charisma. He convinced me he was crazy.

Harley: She drew from the comic books and the Batman animated TV show. Helplessly in love with the Joker and later in the movie, she becomes emotionally compromised. It helps humanize the characters and actually makes you feel for the villains.

Deadshot: My hats off to Will Smith on this one. A man conflicted between whats right and wrong and someone who's desperately trying to be a father figure. His ultimate goal was pleasing the one person who could see right through him. Making sure this person knew he was at least involved in combating evil. But like the others fully immersed in character. I was convinced he was deadshot.

Diablo: One of my favorite characters in the movie. A man torn apart because of the wrong he did and his relentless goal to make up for it. Which is a paradox in itself because he knows he cant. Still he reluctantly fights with the team and is pretty freaking hardcore. This dude is amazing.

If you want your traditional Marvel movie, then wait for another Marvel film. Overall the film was FUN and it was different. Plenty of times where I wanted the movie to speed up BUT there was also plenty of times where I wanted the movie to never end. The soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in a while(its not a OST) and the way it ties in with other DC movies just made this movie THAT much better.

Final verdict: forget about ROTTEN TOMATOES or ROLLING STONES. We're talking about websites and publications whom have a circlejerk following with everyone and their mothers saying THE MOVIE SUCKED even though they never went to go see it. I went, it was good, it was fun and I cant wait for another.

The film so far is doing rather well at the box office and has seen less of a drop in audience ratings over the past 2 days according to box office mojo. Can't wait to see where this is at on Monday. 0

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    rotten tomatoes icompletely biased reviewer. ignore them newbs
    To be fair, Metacritic gave them 40, too. Which is also a flop. I mean, if you don't want to base the quality of the film off of what critics think of it, and you don't want to offer an unbiased and critical review of the film yourself, it just sounds like you're defending it for the sake of defending it.

I saw a lot of this sort of bias with the Warcraft movie, which I expected was hated at first because it was a video game movie. I was wrong; the critics were unbiased and the movie was genuinely bad. In fact, I hated it more than they did.

So let's not jump to ad homenin attacks and instead have an intelligent discussion about the film, even if the OP was probably borderline trolling with the title.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2016-08-07 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    A very comprehensive review and very helpful too.
    It wasn't supposed to be a review.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Heath Ledger was the worst Joker to date. His role took an amazing character and turned him into a random crazy guy that happened to have some face paint. I'm not saying it was his fault - perhaps Nolan was to blame, or the role was just written poorly, but it was about as disloyal to the character as is possible without giving the role to Tyler Perry.
    Actually, each iteration of the Joker seems to bring one of his (dunno) personas to light more than the others. Heath's brought out the anarchistic side. Plus the fact he did such an amazing job at it. Shame he died. I really would've loved to have seen what Nolan had in mind with the next movie (last rumor I heard it was going to be the Joker again).

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Just saw Suicide Squad and I absolutely LOVED it.

The joker: let go of Heath Ledger just like we let go of Jack Nicholson. This was a unique rendition of the Joker and Letto played him well. He was fully immersed in character, you could see the psychotic narcissism and plenty of charisma. He convinced me he was crazy.

Harley: She drew from the comic books and the Batman animated TV show. Helplessly in love with the Joker and later in the movie, she becomes emotionally compromised. It helps humanize the characters and actually makes you feel for the villains.

Deadshot: My hats off to Will Smith on this one. A man conflicted between whats right and wrong and someone who's desperately trying to be a father figure. His ultimate goal was pleasing the one person who could see right through him. Making sure this person knew he was at least involved in combating evil. But like the others fully immersed in character. I was convinced he was deadshot.

Diablo: One of my favorite characters in the movie. A man torn apart because of the wrong he did and his relentless goal to make up for it. Which is a paradox in itself because he knows he cant. Still he reluctantly fights with the team and is pretty freaking hardcore. This dude is amazing.

If you want your traditional Marvel movie, then wait for another Marvel film. Overall the film was FUN and it was different. Plenty of times where I wanted the movie to speed up BUT there was also plenty of times where I wanted the movie to never end. The soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in a while(its not a OST) and the way it ties in with other DC movies just made this movie THAT much better.

Final verdict: forget about ROTTEN TOMATOES or ROLLING STONES. We're talking about websites and publications whom have a circlejerk following with everyone and their mothers saying THE MOVIE SUCKED even though they never went to go see it. I went, it was good, it was fun and I cant wait for another.
    I feel the exact same way. I liked it a lot. If people don't actually like it that's their business. It won't make my day better or worse if a bunch of strangers feel like I feel about a movie. As for all the sites with ratings, who gives a shit? Does it really matter if "Matt Brunson" from Creative Loafing, or John Semley from Globe and Mail, really like this movie or any other one for that matter? Absolutely effing not. People need to put their big boy pants on, and start thinking for themselves.