Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Where's the Raid spray when you need it, the cockroaches are creeping out again.
    How old are you, 50?

I made a lot of arenas and duels today, it's really sad. I see no reason at all to even use lightning bolt.

Deleted
    You're just being obnoxious repeating your mantra that the class is broken because of aoe ramp up. It's not broken. Naesam from Precision, ranked #3 ele shaman is doing just fine in beta on his ele. If you bothered to look past your constant deluge of QQ, he's beating demonhunters and landing top 3 damage for most raid encounters. The class works.

You just want to be a fire mage or demonhunter in terms of broken ass classes, so go roll those and stop polluting this thread.
    The one indefinitely repeating the same "everything's fine!" mantra for 3+ expansions now are you people. You've been wrong for the longest time and hilariously wrong with the WoD launch.

You are also wholly and fully ignoring broken mechanics such as the new totem projection one, because they don't fit into your view. Aswell as how utterly and absolutely gutted elemental is in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    If you prefer the try-hard forum posing and toxicity, you come here.
    That's weird, as they apparently allow people in who call other users "Cockroaches" and spike every single last of their post with personal attacks. People who, like you. Are atrociously bad players who are mostly here not to argue the topic at hand but to defend Blizzard.

Do you by any chance play Hearthstone and are called "Con" on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The one indefinitely repeating the same "everything's fine!" mantra for 3+ expansions now are you people. You've been wrong for the longest time and hilariously wrong with the WoD launch.

You are also wholly and fully ignoring broken mechanics such as the new totem projection one, because they don't fit into your view. Aswell as how utterly and absolutely gutted elemental is in PvP.
    A large number of specs ended up received enormous buffs (and Elemental's wasn't even close to the biggest), because Blizzard decided to just buff everyone else instead of nerfing the outliers into the ground. Either way, the spec did end up fine.

You know, for all your bitching I've never actually seen you post any data to back up your doom-and-gloom claims. If Elemental is as terrible as you claim, then where are the logs showing it?

That's weird, as they apparently allow people in who call other users "Cockroaches" and spike every single last of their post with personal attacks. People who, like you. Are atrociously bad players who are mostly here not to argue the topic at hand but to defend Blizzard.

Replying to insults with more insults, classy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    A large number of specs ended up received enormous buffs (and Elemental's wasn't even close to the biggest), because Blizzard decided to just buff everyone else instead of nerfing the outliers into the ground. Either way, the spec did end up fine.

You know, for all your bitching I've never actually seen you post any data to back up your doom-and-gloom claims. If Elemental is as terrible as you claim, then where are the logs showing it?

Replying to insults with more insults, classy.
    I don't understand if people just act retarded, or...

The spec did end up fine? Did you even play WoD?

There are no logs of current mythic fights. They dont test every boss after each tuning pass. We use simulations. And we know how current mechanics work, which won't change. We know how the artifact will influence us, which won't change. We know that T19 won't change much. We know that we've talents, traits and abilities which work against each other. On top of losing SWG and SR without compensations. We've dead talents which aren't fixed since months.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2016-08-07 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Why do you put other people's words in my mouth? You repeatedly do this, you insist I said things I never did. It's very clear from your comments that you don't even really read specific posts anymore, you simply throw any and all posters you have "judged" into one basket and unreflectedly dismiss them. This is actually a perfect example of what I was speaking of, and which does not happen elsewhere. It's really just here.

There is no reason to continue *this* (by that I mean this particular topic, not visiting the forum fyi@ your other rant), so I'll desist apart from one little info: I have 90-99% logs as Enhancement on every fight in HFC M except the ones we can't speedkill, thanks to not having 10 mages. Your assumptions about people you don't know based on their opinions are ridiculous.

Deleted
    Why do you put other people's words in my mouth? You repeatedly do this, you insist I said things I never did. It's very clear from your comments that you don't even really read specific posts anymore, you simply throw any and all posters you have "judged" into one basket and unreflectedly dismiss them. This is actually a perfect example of what I was speaking of, and which does not happen elsewhere. It's really just here.

There is no reason to continue *this* (by that I mean this particular topic, not visiting the forum fyi@ your other rant), so I'll desist apart from one little info: I have 90-99% logs as Enhancement on every fight in HFC M except the ones we can't speedkill, thanks to not having 10 mages. Your assumptions about people you don't know based on their opinions are ridiculous.
    Wait.. you miserable waste of everyones time don't even play Elemental? And you brag with 90-99% logs during speed kills... Just wow, dude you are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Wait.. you miserable waste of everyones time don't even play Elemental? And you brag with 90-99% logs during speed kills... Just wow, dude you are awesome.
    I play Elemental as well and have the same level logs on some fights, I just main Enh. And no, I had 90%+ logs way before speedkills =)
    I'm not bragging, I'm simply stating the obvious - that I'm no "casual scrub" like you and Deleth dismiss anyone that has a different opinion. And there have been plenty of others like that, they just don't bother anymore here. Frankly, I see no reason to do so anymore either. You and him will continue to re-bait everytime, it really doesn't matter what is being done.

Deleted
    I play Elemental as well and have the same level logs on some fights, I just main Enh. And no, I had 90%+ logs way before speedkills =)
    I'm not bragging, I'm simply stating the obvious - that I'm no "casual scrub" like you and Deleth dismiss anyone that has a different opinion. And there have been plenty of others like that, they just don't bother anymore here. Frankly, I see no reason to do so anymore either. You and him will continue to re-bait everytime, it really doesn't matter what is being done.
    It's not me luring people who seek clear answers with bullshit. No one asks for the opinion of 2nd class Shaman who doesnt even play the discussed spec. This whole discussions is already a joke, but you top it easily.

Deleted
    How is it in anythread where a couple or players are saying a specs fine against what everyone else is discussing they always claim to be top class players with 90-99% logs but never actually link said logs with proof they are who they claim they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    How is it in anythread where a couple or players are saying a specs fine against what everyone else is discussing they always claim to be top class players with 90-99% logs but never actually link said logs with proof they are who they claim they are?
    Pretty simple, I don't want certain people to know my characters. Don't know if you've ever been harassed ingame before, I have.
    That being said i'm no Top100 player by any means (although I do occasionally get logs in there). I'm simply experienced, capable, and by no means some casual guy who has no clue.

Pretty simple, I don't want certain people to know my characters. Don't know if you've ever been harassed ingame before, I have.
    That being said i'm no Top100 player by any means (although I do occasionally get logs in there). I'm simply experienced, capable, and by no means some casual guy who has no clue.
    Well, at least enough of us reported that guy, so this thread can go back on track to being less of a cesspool and more of a center for ele shaman information and discussion.

I suspect little to nothing will change for Elemental by launch, but I think from my experience, that my biggest issue remains the ramp up on AoE. I do okay on ST, maybe not topping charts, but if I wanted to top charts, shaman would never be a good choice. I like 5-man content more than raid, and in my recent runs, unless I have maelstrom to burn at the beginning of a pull, I just rarely bother dropping EQ. If I have to start at 0 maelstrom, the mobs are too close to dead by the time I can get my EQ totem down for it to be worth the cost. So, I find it to be an exercise in frustration. Melee (and some ranged with better design) just instantly unload on AoE packs, while I cast my CL trying to get enough maelstrom to drop my relatively weak EQ totem. It just feels bad, along with doing poor DPS. In a raid, with stronger mobs that live longer on AoE pulls, then our AoE damage looks a bit better. Not great, but not in the toilet.

Ultimately, what I don't like is it just isn't fun to be so bad at AoE. The mechanics are slow, the ramp up is annoying and the damage is poor compared to WoD. However, we do fine on ST and even on cleave, and for some that is enough. I just don't like the new builder/spender model. It's inferior mechanically to classes that don't have to rely on it. If Blizz insists on this type of gameplay, then EQ should hit harder, and do its damage faster, and a cost reduction would help.

Well, at least enough of us reported that guy, so this thread can go back on track to being less of a cesspool and more of a center for ele shaman information and discussion.
    Ironically, the last real question asked about rotation etc was answered by that guy you called a cockroach and who all those shaman white knights reported.

I also think he nearly always exaggerates but so are the people claiming elemental is all fine and dandy just because damage is ok and because some good shaman is top 3 on meters during his testing.

Doing good damage is only one aspect and to me it seems all the rest is lacking. personal movement vs raid cd? 3min mage spec that is just too good to spec anything else? elemental fusion+control of lava? totem pathing? Imo the talent tree is just a big failure.

People are complaining about the whole package and the only thing people defending shaman come up with is "but we can do good damage". There are many specs out there that might be doing less damage, but are so much more useful as their package is just so much better.

I totally agree with what Cartoonz said about elemental in his clip about elemental, "the spec feels unfinished".

Well, if they continue with their spec niches, which they appear to be doing, the advantage of not great aoe could mean we get compensated in cleave and single target which is generally more useful in raids. (Especially EN which doesn't really have aoe)

That slightly hurts in mythic+, but lightning surge totem + short cd ranged interupt + hex + ranged should be plenty compensation. (And hopefully competitive single target/cleave)

And our target switching is real good. Our rotation is very linear in damage. Compared to say Arcane Mage, which while overall is a historically great single target spec, it can't really turn on a dime and instantly switch targets. Damage too variable. (Yes Ik Fire is pretty OP ATM, though even then, their target switching is a bit rng)
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-08-07 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Ironically, the last real question asked about rotation etc was answered by that guy you called a cockroach and who all those shaman white knights reported.

I also think he nearly always exaggerates but so are the people claiming elemental is all fine and dandy just because damage is ok and because some good shaman is top 3 on meters during his testing.
    Nobody ever claimed that though, and pretty much everyone acknowledges that while Legion Ele is fun to play for most, it's debatable as to whether it will be seen in Mythic progress at the high end.

3min mage spec that is just too good to spec anything else?
    Lightning Rod is still kinda superior on any Encounter where you use a lot of Chain Lightning and at least one target doesn't die after 5 seconds.

Doing good damage is only one aspect and to me it seems all the rest is lacking. personal movement vs raid cd? 3min mage spec that is just too good to spec anything else? elemental fusion+control of lava? totem pathing? Imo the talent tree is just a big failure.

People are complaining about the whole package and the only thing people defending shaman come up with is "but we can do good damage". There are many specs out there that might be doing less damage, but are so much more useful as their package is just so much better.

I totally agree with what Cartoonz said about elemental in his clip about elemental, "the spec feels unfinished".
    I don't know where you get your strawmans, but nobody said elemental was perfect. People are just dispelling the idea that you will not be allowed to participate in mythic+ dungeons or raids.

Shamans as a whole are weak in pvp, so I don't get how you're also assuming that's specific to elemental shaman. The obvious feedback would go to the pvp thread. It's a pvp issue.

Shamans in fact are among your most desirable mythic+ dungeon class.

You bring heroism, stampeding roar (windrush totem), an aoe ranged stun, on top of aoe that already applies knockdowns. You've got the shortest cd interrupt in the game, and we still have purge.

Nobody is opposed to increases in defensives. What people are opposed to is the massive power creeps where everyone wants to be doing what demonhunters and mages and rogues are doing (which ought to be nerfed numbers wise).

The game suffers when you get broken crap like arcane mages and sub rogues in HFC. HFC in itself was a mistake, with a massive ilv jump from BRF on top of broken trinkets and an inflated ring effect, all to distract people from the content drought by giving them broken power spikes to grind for.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-08-07 at 05:59 PM.

Not related to balance issues, but I know that many have commented that Ele shaman is bad at questing. And it is, BUT remember that tag sharing exists now. So especially on launch I quite doubt ele's bad leveling will show itself and flame shock is great for tagging mobs about to die. You'll just be tagging stuff and not really killing things solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    I don't know where you get your strawmans, but nobody said elemental was perfect. People are just dispelling the idea that you will not be allowed to participate in mythic+ dungeons or raids.

Shamans as a whole are weak in pvp, so I don't get how you're also assuming that's specific to elemental shaman. The obvious feedback would go to the pvp thread. It's a pvp issue.

Shamans in fact are among your most desirable mythic+ dungeon class.

You bring heroism, stampeding roar (windrush totem), an aoe ranged stun, on top of aoe that already applies knockdowns. You've got the shortest cd interrupt in the game, and we still have purge.

Nobody is opposed to increases in defensives. What people are opposed to is the massive power creeps where everyone wants to be doing what demonhunters and mages and rogues are doing (which ought to be nerfed numbers wise).

The game suffers when you get broken crap like arcane mages and sub rogues in HFC. HFC in itself was a mistake, with a massive ilv jump from BRF on top of broken trinkets and an inflated ring effect, all to distract people from the content drought by giving them broken power spikes to grind for.
    Your last 10 posts where either flaming, posting baseless random stuff or claiming that Shaman is fine. You are the prime example as of why this spec sucks.

And you admitted not being subbed since over a year - why do you think people should care about any of your posts? You not only lack substance, but you lost your bit of creditibility by not backing up anything you claim.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is what disqualifies you on anything Elemental related stuff. You don't only play one as main, nor you raid high enough to have a clue about what people are talking about.

Once people start talking about Enhancement in the world #500 bracket, you'll be the first person we will call, okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Polishing your portfolio or something?
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2016-08-07 at 07:55 PM.