Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm actually very surprised that Holy pallies got Consecration and Auras back, some of my favourite things about the class in ages long since past. Still isn't exactly the same of course, but it is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Sometimes, when common sense prevails, people get angry. And I don't fault you... it's just how you cope.

But to be clear... I don't hate the game... there are certain aspects of it that I really don't like because it's changed from when it was so good.

No, in fact, my feedback is in hopes it will help guide Blizzard back to what I enjoy. I certainly don't hold anything against you newer players that don't know what an amazing game this used to be.. so your perspective is greatly limited. With that in mind you are making the best decisions you can. Kudos!
    Hahaha, got it, you're one of those fantasists that think that if they just fixed [whatever your personal hobby horse is], they'd have 12 million, 15 million, 20 million subs, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone will come back to the game to see the new stuff, then slowly burn off again and do other shit.

happens every xpac. just the difference was WoD the burn off was very quick due to garrisons etc
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Even if this is not just a marketing crap. (Why would they say they have low presales when they can say otherwise and why would you believe them when they have all the reasons to lie, they lied before AND they can't be hold accountable).
    Why are you so desperate to shit on Blizzard that you would accuse them of a felony?

You don't get to lie to your investors. The SEC doesn't like that very much.

The 2 mil rabid fanboys that preorder every expansion =/= the sub numbers.
    Let me guess. You're one of those people who "totally quit yo" but still spends all day trolling around in the WoW forums of a WoW fansite to convince everybody else of how right you are to have done so?
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

7+ Year Old Account
    13 milions at launch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Destiny have together brought in over 1.2 billion in revenue. That's Blizzards own words, they don't split it down to see each games own revenue, but it's safe to assume that Hearthstone brings in more than HotS as it has more players and Destiny doesn't even have any micro-transactions to that's basically sold copies and DLC. Hearthstone is making shittons of money and i never said Overwatch have not.

- - - Updated - - -

No matter what your original thought was, your original POST was basically saying that 10 million Legion copies aren't as much as 10 million WoD copies cus the subscriber count is lower now. Can you understand why that sounds stupid.
    Destiny has micro transactions since 13th Oct 2015. It launched shortly after TTK. They are selling dances, emotes, shaders, transmog gear, char boosts, focus boosts, exp boosts and what not, AFAIK.

If maintenance cost of wow are so low, why did they rise box prices? Blizzard is such a joke company.

Sometimes, when common sense prevails, people get angry. And I don't fault you... it's just how you cope.

But to be clear... I don't hate the game... there are certain aspects of it that I really don't like because it's changed from when it was so good.

No, in fact, my feedback is in hopes it will help guide Blizzard back to what I enjoy. I certainly don't hold anything against you newer players that don't know what an amazing game this used to be.. so your perspective is greatly limited. With that in mind you are making the best decisions you can. Kudos!
    I am not "coping" with anything, your type of people just annoy me. I have quit this game about 5 times now, for months and years and in none of those times did I go in the forums and told people that the doomsday is coming. Look at my post history and see the gaps if you are not convinced.

Your feedback is inaccurate, you are not helping Blizzard with anything. You are just one of the thousands of people that whine about nothing. Now, there are sometimes people that complain about things rightfully; but you are not one of them and neither is %80 of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I am not "coping" with anything, your type of people just annoy me. I have quit this game about 5 times now, for months and years and in none of those times did I go in the forums and told people that the doomsday is coming. Look at my post history and see the gaps if you are not convinced.

Your feedback is inaccurate, you are not helping Blizzard with anything. You are just one of the thousands of people that whine about nothing. Now, there are sometimes people that complain about things rightfully; but you are not one of them and neither is %80 of this community.
    That's an opinion all right. Agree with it? No. Respect it? I guess I have to.

Deleted
    It is kind of funny how these threads keeps popping up right before an expansion, and also after each last content patch.
    Pre-expansions is like "look wow is doing amazing- take that doomsayers!" And after last tier the "doomsayers" be like: Wow is failing, it sucks -take that you annoying cow- all you are doing is getting milked by blizzard.

Same story every single time. I don't understand why people need to throw dirt at each other all the time. In the end everyone taking part in the "discussion" is actually people who care about the game in one way or another.

That being said, I have played Legion since alpha and have really been enjoying it. Previous I have been doing beta of pretty much every other wow expansion, but Legion feels (to me) as the best expansion since TBC/WOTLK. But that is just my opinion.
    I'm sure there will be salty players , and others just nit enjoying part of it- as there always will be some all expansions can't satisfy everyone 100%.

For me MoP was worse than WoD, as I hated that "Asian style wow". And just to be clear, I got nothing against Asian people or any other culture.

Ease the insecurity of those need the reassurance of subscription numbers to decide what game they should be playing.

Half the resubs will be Demon Hunters.

Hooraaaay...

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    If maintenance cost of wow are so low, why did they rise box prices? Blizzard is such a joke company.
    Prices are set based on what maximizes profits, not what a thing costs to make.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Even if this is not just a marketing crap. (Why would they say they have low presales when they can say otherwise and why would you believe them when they have all the reasons to lie, they lied before AND they can't be hold accountable).
    The 2 mil rabid fanboys that preorder every expansion =/= the sub numbers.
    Right! So that's it! I can only imagine what's going through Blizzard management's heads right now.

"Quick, guys, we need to release fake numbers to show Vorkreist he's wrong! Fuck the jailtime, fuck the fines, fuck our company, WE NEED TO LOOK GOOD IN HIS EYES AT ALL COSTS!"

Blizzard is risking their company and their private lives with jailtime and ridiculous fines to please some random fucking nobodies at an internet forum! My god, why couldn't we notice that before?

It's totally not possible that 10-11 million bought the expansion because it's good. It's all a lie to appear as being fine to the random internet nobodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... to be fair, neither Cata or MoP lost half of their subs in the first 7 months.

But yeah your census numbers seem fairly clear what is happening.
    Negative nancy over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Negative nancy over here.
    "Close your eyes honey... Mommy doesn't want you to see this..."

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    13 milions at launch
    113 millions. Be bold.

PS: More like 7, possibly less. And not for long, which is what is important.

Not surprised considering the Blizzard hype train is in full motion. Its just the same rinse / repeat of previous expansions. Why should this be surprising to anyone, they have a sure fire marketing strategy that works very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Not surprised considering the Blizzard hype train is in full motion. Its just the same rinse / repeat of previous expansions. Why should this be surprising to anyone, they have a sure fire marketing strategy that works very well.
    They haven't even used TV commercials yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    Very true... so if WoW is at about 3 to 3.5 million subs now (a guesstimate many people would agree with) and MANY of them are the ones who prepurchased...

Then I'd say Legion is going to miss the 10 million mark WoD started with by only a few million... like maybe 5 million people less playing. That's not significant in any way.

Even after giving the game away at the movies...
    Of course there's going to be less playing when we just finished up an expansion with little to do outside raiding. Subs are cyclical and always have been. They come back for expansions and patches. They leave in between. WoW itself has been completely unpredictable since Day 1. They expected 1 million subs within the first year. They hit 3 million in that first month. They peaked at 13 million and also hit 10 million in WoD for a short period of time.

Legion promises more than WoD so it wouldn't be insane to think they could hit 10 million again. Will they? Probably not, but we'll never know. Blizzard will publish day 1 or the first week of box sales and that will be all we will hear until the next expansion hits.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    You must be joking? Casuals are what keeps this shell of an Action / Adventure game afloat. Blizzard nerfed RPG aspects already. Give a break to fans of RPG's.

WoW is no longer an RPG. Everything is cookie-cutter determined. Very little thought goes into character development nowadays.
    It was never a real RPG.
    What decisions can you make which would isolate you from other players.
    Realm - which is simply due to the lack of practicality of a megaserver.
    And faction.

There isn't the real role variety people like to think there is.
    The problem there isn't or has ever been wow, but more the MMO aspect and how it requires players to not be in hundreds of individual niches.
    The continued need to interact in a consistent manner with players of your own faction is what prevents wow being a real RPG, with real character defining choices.
    What choices you can really make that will lock you out of others, will significantly shape in either allowing or locking out content for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.