Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Resto Druid Artifact Priority Pathway

I apologize if this has been asked a ton of times already, but has anyone figured out a priority pathway for the artifact yet?

Depends on the content you are doing.

restokin.com has a decent guide about it

I'm l;looking at focusing on pvp early. Here is what i cam up with for the first 13. http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...CHAwigEIsBU3AQ what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Depends on the content you are doing.
    Only PvE. Ten characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiko View Post
    restokin.com has a decent guide about it
    I completely forgot about that site. It's been a while since I've played my druid. For those interested:

http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-...ealing-part-3/

Below is a general idea of what is considered the best unlocking pattern for individuals interested in doing Mythic & Heroic raids:

Go along the top to unlock Dreamwalker (the talents along the way give you the best improvement to your HOTs).

Drop down the right side to pick up tranquil Mind (this is a pretty short path to pick up the tranquility bonus).

Go back to the beginning start point along the bottom to unlock Power of the Archdruid
    Fill in the middle traits (natural mending, blossoms, seeds of the world tree, mark of shifting)
    I'd love to know if the community generally agreed with this?

This is the path i will be using

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not the path I will be using, and here is why.

On the fights that I've tested and seen the videos for, being able to move with tranq isn't THAT useful. There was 1 fight that I tested that it would've been good for, but all of the other fights, you can stay still no problem. So you're really only getting the 20% increase. Not to mention that the traits leading up to it kinda blow. Armor of the Ancients is kinda cool, but Blessing of the World Tree is super minimal.

Now, when you look at the 3 traits leading up to Power of the Archdruid (honestly, not as good as Tranquil Mind), they are quite a bit better than the ones you'd take to get to Tranquil Mind. Infusion of Nature isn't that impressive. If you were to cast WG on CD (which I've only done that on Tich so far), it will net you about the same amount of mana as Knowledge of the Ancients. Knowledge of the Ancients will grant you 2640 mp5. More mana is cool, especially with how they changed the mana designs. But of all 3 of those traits, Persistence blows them all out of the water. This trait's effect is why we took germination in WoD and MoP, to extend the duration of Rejuv. This trait is also the one that should get the bonus ranks from your Relics. I will update this post if I can find the post that had all of the math on Persistance.

So, in the end, I will be going up to Dreamwalker first, then going back and grabbing Power of the Archdruid second, and finish it up with Dreamwalker from the top. The 19 points needed to do this are pretty easy to get as long as you keep up to date with the Suramar quests.

EDIT: I could not find the exact post regarding Persistance, but it is a 20% increase in duration on Rejuv. So that's either 20% more Rejuvs you can have out at a time, or you save mana by not having to cast as many (and technically a 20% increase in healing provided by Rejuv due to extended duration and the original heal not being stretched over a new duration, similar kind of thing with Flourish). And from what I've seen, it's most likely the latter, but a mix of both.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-08-06 at 05:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r View Post
    I'm l;looking at focusing on pvp early. Here is what i cam up with for the first 13. http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...CHAwigEIsBU3AQ what do you think?
    This talent is the worst of the three big ones imo - Tranquil mind is absolutely necessary for mythic - You can get DW & TM for very close to the cost of POAD.

Also, anecdotally, I tested POAD and it screamed 'Meh' every time it procced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHeimdall View Post
    I do hope you're joking with that. Grovewalker is about 30% (give or take a bit depending on the fight/player, 31% for my logs on a recent Tich kill) more output than Natural Mending, and Blooms of G'hanir is one of the worst (if not the worst) trait on the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    I'd love to know if the community generally agreed with this?
    This is one of the most viable paths as it'll get you the 2 strongest golden traits first.

There is some debate about getting the minor traits before Power of the Archdruid faster as well, as they give you extension on your Rejuv (+3 sec), better mana regen and cheaper wild growth.

But I think I'm going to go for the path suggested by restokin.com (and several others here on the forums).
    Reason following next quote.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    That is not the path I will be using, and here is why.

On the fights that I've tested and seen the videos for, being able to move with tranq isn't THAT useful. There was 1 fight that I tested that it would've been good for, but all of the other fights, you can stay still no problem. So you're really only getting the 20% increase. Not to mention that the traits leading up to it kinda blow. Armor of the Ancients is kinda cool, but Blessing of the World Tree is super minimal.

Now, when you look at the 3 traits leading up to Power of the Archdruid (honestly, not as good as Tranquil Mind), they are quite a bit better than the ones you'd take to get to Tranquil Mind. Infusion of Nature isn't that impressive. If you were to cast WG on CD (which I've only done that on Tich so far), it will net you about the same amount of mana as Knowledge of the Ancients. Knowledge of the Ancients will grant you 2640 mp5. More mana is cool, especially with how they changed the mana designs. But of all 3 of those traits, Persistence blows them all out of the water. This trait's effect is why we took germination in WoD and MoP, to extend the duration of Rejuv. This trait is also the one that should get the bonus ranks from your Relics. I will update this post if I can find the post that had all of the math on Persistance.

So, in the end, I will be going up to Dreamwalker first, then going back and grabbing Power of the Archdruid second, and finish it up with Dreamwalker from the top. The 19 points needed to do this are pretty easy to get as long as you keep up to date with the Suramar quests.

EDIT: I could not find the exact post regarding Persistance, but it is a 20% increase in duration on Rejuv. So that's either 20% more Rejuvs you can have out at a time, or you save mana by not having to cast as many (and technically a 20% increase in healing provided by Rejuv due to extended duration and the original heal not being stretched over a new duration, similar kind of thing with Flourish). And from what I've seen, it's most likely the latter, but a mix of both.
    I was kinda on the fence about this for a similar reason.

Let's set a few things straight first so there can be little debate over this:

Your first 9 AP for resto should definitely go into getting dreamwalker.
    Not only is this a decent strong artifact trait, all the minor traits leading up to that are also rather strong.

Now comes the tricky part. You either go down from dreamwalking to pick up Tranquil Mind or you go back to the start towards PotA.
    At first I thought the latter was smarter as you get some nice minor traits, especially persistence. But I'm not so sure anymore.

Tranquil Mind is a lot better than Power of the Archdruid; but the minor traits before PotA are better than those before TM.

I think it's depending a bit on the kind of PvE you're doing at the time you unlock this. If you're mainly doing mythic+ than the mana reduction isn't as important (you can easily drink between pulls) whereas the mobile tranq is very strong to not get stuck in certain boss/add mechanics.
    If you're in raids the mana concern and the persistence value grows a lot, the mobile tranq is still solid but you can generally work around that especially with other raid cooldowns like HTT.

If you're really indecisive about it though, I guess that I'd pick Tranquil Mind first.
    Basically if you go for PotA druid first, you won't get Tranquil Mind until your 26th Artifact Point, that's REALLY late.
    Even if Persistence is the best you can get in the bottom, if you pick up TM first you'll finish it at the 22nd Artifact Point, basically you'll have the good stuff sooner if you pick up Tranquil Mind first. Even though the minors before TM are so-so, the path is much shorter. And with the exponential scaling of Artifact Points (and I know you get Artifact Knowledge and stuff, but still) the difference between point 22 and point 26 is rather large.

So my vote goes to Dreamwalker > Tranquil Mind > PotA. And I completely agree that persistence is really strong, but still.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r View Post
    For PvP it's a bit trickier. You generally want to put a lot of power in your HoT. Wild Growth usage is depending a lot on whether or not you pick up Early Spring (Honor Talent lvl 28), so that might also alter your path through the artifact weapon.
    I'm also not quite sure how heavy the reliance is on HoT vs direct heals as a resto druid. If the reliance on HoT is high than talents like Persistence and Grovewalker are really strong; whereas the talents you chose (Natural Mending / Seeds of the World Tree) might be better if direct healing is required a lot.

Thing with PvP is that none of the golden artifact traits really stand out for it, unless we start relying on Wild Growth a lot (which is very costy for only healing 1-3 people in arena). Tranquil Mind might be good as it heals through LoS, so you can pillar dance while you channel it. But channeling Tranq will be like a whooping out a giant neon arrow saying: "interrupt me please!", so it's applications are a bit limited.

I don't know if you would want to gear your artifact for pvp specifically, or simply just go for a PvE setup (since getting gear in PvE will help you in PvP as well in legion) and gain power from that. I doubt that the artifact traits will have as big an impact in PvP as they do in PvE.

I have read the post in this forum, and I would like to propose another route through the artifact tree. Me and my guildmates discussed what you really want from the artifact, and we came up to the agreement that you should try to get golden traits as fast as possible to help with early progress in raids. So we came up with a way for you to get PotAD and DW with only 19 points spent (aka 90470 artifact power). And if you want to you can get all three of them with 23 points spent (aka 275270 artifact power). What you would do is to take Natural mending to Seeds of the world tree, and work your way down to PoTAD. Then go back to Natural Mending and go up to Blooms of G´Hanir, Armor of the Ancients, Essence of Nordrassil to DW. This will give you the synergy with the to golden traits. And you will still get Knowledge of the Ancients for the mana reg and Essence of Nordrasill. I think this is something you can get before you step in to the first raid. Plus you are only one traits way from getting Tranquil mind. And then I propose you would go back and grab the other good minor traits after you have grabbed either the combo PotAD and DW, or when you have grabbed all 3 golden traits.

With the other ways proposed in this thread you would have to farm like crazy to get the combo. And with the ramp-up in artifact power needed to skill another point from point 13 - 14 I don't see a fast way to go get the combo (PotAD + DW) if you go along the edge of the artifact.

Would this way be viable? Or do you all think that we would lose to many important minor traits?
    Last edited by sennah001; 2016-08-07 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sennah001 View Post
    I have read the post in this forum, and I would like to propose another route through the artifact tree. Me and my guildmates discussed what you really want from the artifact, and we came up to the agreement that you should try to get golden traits as fast as possible to help with early progress in raids. So we came up with a way for you to get PotAD and DW with only 19 points spent (aka 90470 artifact power). And if you want to you can get all three of them with 23 points spent (aka 275270 artifact power). What you would do is to take Natural mending to Seeds of the world tree, and work your way down to PoTAD. Then go back to Natural Mending and go up to Blooms of G´Hanir, Armor of the Ancients, Essence of Nordrassil to DW. This will give you the synergy with the to golden traits. And you will still get Knowledge of the Ancients for the mana reg and Essence of Nordrasill. I think this is something you can get before you step in to the first raid. Plus you are only one traits way from getting Tranquil mind. And then I propose you would go back and grab the other good minor traits after you have grabbed either the combo PotAD and DW, or when you have grabbed all 3 golden traits.

With the other ways proposed in this thread you would have to farm like crazy to get the combo. And with the ramp-up in artifact power needed to skill another point from point 13 - 14 I don't see a fast way to go get the combo (PotAD + DW) if you go along the edge of the artifact.

Would this way be viable? Or do you all think that we would lose to many important minor traits?
    The way proposed previously would get you all 3 artifact points in 26 points and pretty much gets you the best minor artifacts for raiding.
    Your way does it in 23 points, but skips on some of the more important minor artifacts for raiding (being Persistence / Grovewalker / Infusion of Nature and Nature's Essence).

I guess you could call it a preference call in that case; but from what I hear Power of the Archdruid is weak enough of a golden trait, that getting that one ASAP really isn't that big of a deal. That means that getting the other 2 traits takes priority (which takes you on the outside path that was discussed before), before picking up the strong minor traits that lead up to PotA.

Not really sure why people are so obsessed with PotA. It's a 25% on a WG (which you can't sustain to cast on cooldown), so you'll see this happen like once to twice per 2 minutes on average. You can't really game it, nor rely on it.
    Dreamwalker is RNG too, but at least it's a lot better. With as little as 2 rejuvs it's already stronger than PotA and you'll likely have many more than 2 rolling.

I wish the reliability of either was higher. RNG like this for healers isn't that great; it's either too low a percentage so it becomes unreliable, too weak of an effect to really be impressive in any way, both of those, or it's too strong.
    There is very little healer RNG that turns out to be good, maybe OoC procs are one of the few.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2016-08-07 at 03:50 PM.

From a PvE standpoint I'm thinking of going Dreamwalker first, Power of the Archdruid second, and Tranquil Mind third. If some decide to go TM second instead of third for the sole reason being mythic +'s I feel that our talents can help back us up better than TM. Abundance and MoC I think will be the go-to talents for mythic + which would help supplement not going for TM 2nd and also PotA + MoC seems like it could be VERY strong along with Abundance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    From a PvE standpoint I'm thinking of going Dreamwalker first, Power of the Archdruid second, and Tranquil Mind third. If some decide to go TM second instead of third for the sole reason being mythic +'s I feel that our talents can help back us up better than TM. Abundance and MoC I think will be the go-to talents for mythic + which would help supplement not going for TM 2nd and also PotA + MoC seems like it could be VERY strong along with Abundance.
    Regarding PotA + MoC, last I checked on beta, it was still interacting unfavorably. All 3 charges were being consumed by PotA. Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but it's a bit annoying that your 2 free extra uses consume your other 2 free uses.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Regarding PotA + MoC, last I checked on beta, it was still interacting unfavorably. All 3 charges were being consumed by PotA. Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but it's a bit annoying that your 2 free extra uses consume your other 2 free uses.
    I hope this has been reported, I'd do it but <no beta club>.

Deleted
    I'm sorry about the stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does Tranquil Mind still make you instacast all of your spells after using Tranquility for 8 seconds, hence popping Tranquility and being able to cast for the whole duration of it? Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocd10506147e; 2016-08-08 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Questecure View Post
    I'm sorry about the stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does Tranquil Mind still make you instacast all of your spells after using Tranquility for 8 seconds, hence popping Tranquility and being able to cast for the whole duration of it? Thanks.
    No that was removed in one of the earlier beta builds - you still channel the spell, only you can move while doing so (think back to symbiosis SWG+Tranq)

Quote Originally Posted by sennah001 View Post

This is generally not a good idea at all, though with my latest raid testing I am starting to think there is something to it, if you are lacking a tank healer, but even then you would probably want to pick up 2-3 points in persistence before you put the point in PotA (or cover as much of those with relics as possible.) , and you still need to pick up nature's essence. When tank healing that seeds of the world tree can easily amount to roughly 1%, with swiftmend being roughly 0.5%. I am not entierly sure where to put infusion of nature, but I believe it amounts to 2-5 rejuv casts pr fight, so probably less than 0.5% pr point.
    The biggest issue with this is that you are skipping out on persistence a bit too long.

TL;DR this will still delay persistence which is supposedly stronger than PotA, but might have some merit if you can assign yourself as a tank healer.

Personally I might actually do this because we dont really have a reliable tank healer (priest, 2x shaman, 2x druid.)

I'm planning on going along the top to dreamwalker, then down to tranquil mind.

Power of the Archdruid doesn't seem very good to me, but it might be worth going for infusion of nature > persistence > knowledge of the ancients after dreamwalker, depending on how mana feels.