Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Why do characters with sexy pictures get a lot of 10s, I wonder.
    I think we all know the answer to this.

I give her a 6/10. She's the typical Cataclysm-era character. Not a lot of personality or depth to her story; she's got some significant plot holes associated with her but no one cares because she's hot. However her fight in H-Deadmines is great, which is worth a couple of points.

+1 for Farondis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    She's been pulled up out of ass just to make some story for Westfall in Cata. Her backstory is an asspull (Oh look, these good people will help me for sure! And when time comes, I will kill them!), her encounter is an asspull (lol my poison so good you so bad), her fake death is an asspull, her agreement to become a follower is an asspull = Mary Sue carried on by Blizzard with constant asspulls.
    That is not a mary sue... With that logic, whenever you introduce any kind of new character it is a mary sue ass pull. Also, with the same logic, any type of character falls under a mary sue considering, guess what? Characters actually have similarities..

I mean with applying the same logic a third time, you are playing the mary sue of "i hate thing so its a mary sue" stereo type, making you a mary sue yourself. Literally this:

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    1/10 dull character
    I nominate Shen-Zin Su!
    The embodiment of irony.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, calling her a "Mary Sue asspull" is going way too far. As a character, I think she's inferior to her father (his lore was simple yet powerful, while hers seemed to me to be kind of forced) but the term "Mary Sue" doesn't apply to her at all and she's not any more of an asspull than any other new character introduced into the game

9/10, needs pants and greatness on the level of someone like Gul'dan or Arthas for a 10.

Deleted
    She was a character I could relate with. Her dad got killed for wanting justice after the nobles of Stormwind screwed him. Even now, when Varian had come back, Westfall was doing worse and worse. People would eat mud pies due to hunger, they had no homes... meanwhile the new king had built statues of himself, fortified Sentinel Hill... but the regular people sat in the dirt, eating dirt, literally. So she did what she thought best, reformed the Defias and recruited new members so that she would end the tyranny. Meanwhile she would give alms to the poor, having infiltrated Sentinel Hill. She just wanted the people of Westfall to not sit in shit so that some nobles in Stormwind and the king could admire some new marble statue.

She was one of the few characters ever that I feel sorry to have killed. It really made me sad, and after getting the achievement I never returned to Heroic Deadmines afterwards. And I never will.

10/10

I'll nominate N'zoth. By the way, what happens with the characters who are not 10 on day 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    She needs to live and marry anduin
    That would indeed be something. She would be someone who would bring the necessary more ruthless side to his reign.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-08-07 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    So... Only one more nominated character for Season 1, Day #99: Neptulon. And then, only one more surprise character. Who would that be, I wonder.

Nah just kidding I know who will be featured in Day #100. Figured that I should end the Season on a high note, so I picked someone very influential that I hope you people will like. I had to consult my trusted advisor @Enthralled and we managed to land a choice we think would be very climatic.

No no no no, not another shenanigan choice like Day #50. Don't worry; this time it's an actual character that will serve into a good "farewell game, welcome Legion!", at least in both our opinions. :P

(And rest assured that it isn't Cho'gall.)
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-08-07 at 04:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    She was one of the few characters ever that I feel sorry to have killed. It really made me sad, and after getting the achievement I never returned to Heroic Deadmines afterwards. And I never will.
    she faked her death, in legion she is a rogue follower

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    DAT...DATT.....dagger.
    you can even get it in game
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=18816/perditions-blade

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    So... Only one more nominated character for Season 1, Day #99: Neptulon. And then, only one more surprise character. Who would that be, I wonder.

Nah just kidding I know who will be featured in Day #100. Figured that I should end the Season on a high note, so I picked someone very influential that I hope you people will like. I had to consult my trusted advisor @Enthralled and we managed to land a choice we think would be very climatic.

No no no no, not another shenanigan choice like Day #50. Don't worry; this time it's an actual character that will serve into a good "farewell game, welcome Legion!", at least in both our opinions. :P

(And rest assured that it isn't Cho'gall.)
    ... it's Murky, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    she faked her death, in legion she is a rogue follower
    I heard they changed that part?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    That is not a mary sue... With that logic, whenever you introduce any kind of new character it is a mary sue ass pull. Also, with the same logic, any type of character falls under a mary sue considering, guess what? Characters actually have similarities..

I mean with applying the same logic a third time, you are playing the mary sue of "i hate thing so its a mary sue" stereo type, making you a mary sue yourself. Literally this:

The embodiment of irony.
    The thing is, one was MADE to be interesting. And failed horribly, atleast for me. Shen-Zin Su was never made to be a character, that we encounter often and have a connection with. No one whatsoever. Vanessa VanCleefs Story was shit from the get go. The people like her because she wears skimpy clothing thats not only impractical, but explosion resistant too. :>

Her appearance in Legion is cringeworthy at best. She is forced on us but can't live up to her fathers legacy.

Deleted
    I just noticed Gallywyx's note. I knew I was right to hate goblins! My WoW-racism is correct!

The thing is, one was MADE to be interesting. And failed horribly, atleast for me. Shen-Zin Su was never made to be a character, that we encounter often and have a connection with. No one whatsoever. Vanessa VanCleefs Story was shit from the get go. The people like her because she wears skimpy clothing thats not only impractical, but explosion resistant too. :>

Her appearance in Legion is cringeworthy at best. She is forced on us but can't live up to her fathers legacy.
    I disagree. I liked her for how she rebuilt the Defias and tried to fight for the wronged. Same way I liked her dad. And from my point of view, she surpassed her dad simply by actually conquering Sentinel Hill.

Deleted
    I disagree. I liked her for how she rebuilt the Defias and tried to fight for the wronged. Same way I liked her dad. And from my point of view, she surpassed her bad simply by actually conquering Sentinel Hill.
    She rallied the people, I give her that. The whole Deadmines thing though? Really? That was just not good. We fought her and there was a lot of potential in that. She could have turned the tables on us and show us that were not exactly the heroes we try to be. That she's the "hero" of the common folk. What do we get instead? She is defeated and yells while stroking her evil villain moustache "OH I JUST LURED YOU HERE TO TRAP YOU WITH MY POISON, Hohohohohoh." what ensures is one absolutely annoying, not fun instance segment.

And of course, we beat even her dirty trick. What is next? We finally get the speech, she should have delivered? No. Again she starts stroking the moustache. "You have beaten me, heroes! But I will take you with me and blow everything up that my father build!" Everything goes boom and in Legion she is back, that smug prick and is telling me: "Yea puny hero, my armor was explosive resistant and you have to give me your spot, because obviously I am the better choice".

After doing almost nothing at all since her creation.

Thank you very much, no.
    Last edited by mmoc574ef4f005; 2016-08-07 at 04:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I heard they changed that part?
    not really, she just isnt sitting at the table anymore right at the beginning.
    she's still a follower.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post

I now have a new goal in my life

7/10

I like her for most of the part, but there are certain things that bother me. For one, which I can't really put the blame on her, is how they turned Westfall and her questchain into a stupid CSI: Miami parody. But it doesn't damage Vanessa as a character, for most of the part she's working behind the schemes planning a major takeover at the Alliance base. But there's also an issue with her age, which may be more of an in-game problem if lacking models. In the flashback she was still a very young child, about Anduins age when you saw him in vanilla (so around the time Edwin was slain). Yet in Cata she's suddenly a full grown women, while Anduin is lagging behind atleast 8 years in appearance. The transition from Vanilla to Cata is only like 5 years (I probably remember this all wrong), but whatever the amount of years were she has grown way to fast. But since the game only has kid and adult human models, they might've wanted to portray Vanessa as a 15 year old who ends up like 23 in Cata. Vanessa as a character also feels as an afterthought because they couldn't bring Edwin back and they lacked a proper Defias leader, I think it would've been great if vanilla had a questchain with Vanessa as a kid somewhere in Westfall where you see her training to become a professional rogue. Or basically some kind of appearance so that later in Cata, you can look back at how this NPC you quested for in Westfall has grown into a new villain.

Despite all that, I like how she turned out as a new villain who continues her fathers legacy. And was even succesful in laying siege to Sentinel Hill, its very rare in this game where you end up losing badly after a questchain. Yet her character basically ended with her ''death'' in Deadmines, as from what i've seen she just turns into a follower for rogues in Legion.

Also, I've always found Vanessa's dressing choice to be rather odd for rogues. Why would a rogue want just a tabard to cover her ''bottom parts'', while you'd expect them to move around a lot in combat. With Whitemane its atleast more understandable. Speaking of which, Vanessa has quickly earned a rank among Whitemane as a character being used for sexualised art.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2016-08-07 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    @McNeil don't worry mate, they will cover her parts of fun when the SJWs get them arrested for pedophilia.

so i was going to post a picture of her to help but yeah.

so why are all female rogues dressed borderline slutty?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Real answer: Sexual appeal.
    Another real answer: Enforcing the sexy assassin stereotype because it IS actually a thing. I think it fits.

7+ Year Old Account
    so i was going to post a picture of her to help but yeah.

That is an area of male psychology that we don't want to delve into here, m8. Just roll with it.