Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Right of conquest is not the same as a legal right to rule, which is what I'm talking about. Yes it was conquered, but it still rightfully belongs to Calia.
    lmfao, seriously dude. It's easier to call claim of something while you hold it than it is to claim it while someone else is ruling it.

To the victor go the spoils.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right of conquest is not the same as a legal right to rule, which is what I'm talking about. Yes it was conquered, but it still rightfully belongs to Calia.
    She wasn't in the line of succession. Legitimacy is based on what the people agree. The citizens of Lordaeron agree that Sylvanas is their leader. The Human Kingdoms are "legitimately" under the Arathi line, but they sure as hell weren't about to give up their sovereignty to Lothar when he popped up.

Alterac was legitimately under not Daval Prestor, but the Alliance was like "fuck the son and nephew, we like this guy."

Deleted
    She wasn't tho, she was a subject in the kingdom of Quel'Thalas.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of Stromgarde is still being held by surviving humans, and they also hold Refuge Point. Besides, it's his homeland.
    Your Sir have a problem that is called Alliance BIAS.
    But on a more serious note, your argumention fails extremly. I doubt it hels, because it seems your to stubborn, but i will, at least, give it a try.
    Your suggestion is stupid from two POVs

1) Gameplay
    Blizzard likes to balance stuff. After Siege of Orgrimmar, there is now way that we have a siege on another Horde City in the near future. At least a Siege between Horde and Alliance. Even if you retake Lordaeron, where should the forsaken go? i cant imagine for them beeing refugees in silvermoon or whatever. Of Course you could replace sylvanas with calia a leaderin of the forsaken, but i hope that you know that this is impossible (even lorewise). Calia would at least have to die to rule the forsaken, but she is a priest, so that is not gonna happen

2) Lorewise

a) You can only claim a country or kingdom if it still exists. I dont think that Lordaerin is mentioned as a Kingdom anymore, even on Alliance Maps.
    She cant retake it by herself, she would need an army, which she doenstn have. For your suggestions: Argent Crusade: They dont have a emotional connection to Lordaeron and are interested in keeping their neutrality. Even if, if Blizzard sticks to their story they have atm enough to deal with the ebon blade. Greymane: He would need the permission of Anduin to attack Lordaeron. Without it he would cause a war against the HORDE without Alliance Backup. And Yes against the Horde, because after the Broken Shore you can clearly see that Baine, Lorthemar and Sylvanas stick together.

Besides that, even if she retakes it, who would live there? There are only a few left, which feel emotional connected to that Land. And even if those people exist, why should they follow her? I would belive that there are Lordaeron people out there, which think that the Menethil family is responsible for the destroying of their Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Just ain't worth to stage a war with an entire faction for a imagined symbolic right to something.

Besides, when your whole world is being threatened by a huge legion invasion, you wish to bicker about some shitty plagued farmlands?
    It's worth it to some people. And like I said, I never said they have go do it right now. Obviously the Legion takes priority. But once that's dealt with, why not set your eyes upon another battle of importance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    lmfao, seriously dude. It's easier to call claim of something while you hold it than it is to claim it while someone else is ruling it.

To the victor go the spoils.
    For now. If Blizzard gave a shit about Alliance lore, Calia would at least be making an effort to reclaim it in the future.

It's worth it to some people. And like I said, I never said they have go do it right now. Obviously the Legion takes priority. But once that's dealt with, why not set your eyes upon another battle of importance?
    Because you're still fighting over blighted lands? How do you intend to keep a kingdom there, depending on trade with zero production going out? If that's the case, I know of some land in Russia that you'll absolutely go ga-ga over.
    Last edited by GrinningMan; 2016-08-07 at 06:05 PM.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    The Argent Crusade should already be keeping very close tabs on the Forsaken, as they are actively replagueing the lands they are trying to restore.

Because it's her kingdom and her birthright.
    Yeah, this is the reason why the battle for Andorhal never made any sense. The Argent Crusade has their base to the north of this city (Hearthglen), yet do not interfere as the Forsaken set out to defile the lands they had just cleansed and for which many had to sacrifice themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    I misunderstood you. It's a moot point anyway because Arthas abandoned any rightful claim to Lordaeron when he murdered his father, his title of king was a false one.
    Patricide is a very common way of claiming right to rule. However, if this is the logic you wish to follow. Calia not only abandoned her people, or her kingdom as you seem to believe that is more important, but she has also rid herself of the Menethil name. Meaning there is no legitimate heir.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    She wasn't in the line of succession. Legitimacy is based on what the people agree. The citizens of Lordaeron agree that Sylvanas is their leader. The Human Kingdoms are "legitimately" under the Arathi line, but they sure as hell weren't about to give up their sovereignty to Lothar when he popped up.

Alterac was legitimately under not Daval Prestor, but the Alliance was like "fuck the son and nephew, we like this guy."
    The undead agree that Sylvanas is their leader, and not even all of them do. Besides, those Lordaeron citizens who are undead now are aberrations and have as little legal claim to Lordaeron as Sylvanas does. And with Arthas dead, Calia is in line of succession.

Your argument on Alterac is ridiculous, Prestor was mind controlling them the whole time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Because you're still fighting over blighted lands? How do you intend to keep a kingdom there, depending on trade with zero production going out? If that's the case, I know of some land in Russia that you'll absolutely go ga-ga over.
    The Solliden Farmstead still produces healthy food, and the Cenarion Circle has shown that plagued lands can be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Yeah, this is the reason why the battle for Andorhal never made any sense. The Argent Crusade has their base to the north of this city (Hearthglen), yet do not interfere as the Forsaken set out to defile the lands they had just cleansed and for which many had to sacrifice themselves.
    argent crusade is in east plaguelands not west
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Patricide is a very common way of claiming right to rule. However, if this is the logic you wish to follow. Calia not only abandoned her people, or her kingdom as you seem to believe that is more important, but she has also rid herself of the Menethil name. Meaning there is no legitimate heir.
    That's my complaint, the bullshit direction Blizzard is taking Calia in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    argent crusade is in east plaguelands not west
    The main stronghold of the Argent Crusade is now Hearthglen, which is in the western plaguelands.

I do not particularly want Calia to reclaim Lordaeron, but I do hope Blizzard does more with the character. Story-wise, I think it is neat to have the sister of Arthas trying to move on. We already have seen stories about revenge, honor, heroes, etc, and so Calia seems like something new.

This thread also reminds me how much I miss the Scarlet Crusade. I know I am in the minority here, but I think the Scarlet Crusade was one of the better human factions created by Blizzard in WoW. The Scarlet Crusade was what I would expect after the events of Warcraft 1 through 3. Specifically, humanity has experienced alien invasions (orcs), an undead apocalypse, multiple demonic invasions, environmental disasters (Cataclysm), and most human nations are either dead (Lordaeron, Alterac, Stromgarde-ish) or uninhabitable (Gilneas). I would expect fanaticism and militarism as a reaction. Instead, we have Stormwind, which acts like nothing happened.
    Last edited by Maculo; 2016-08-07 at 06:13 PM.

I misunderstood you. It's a moot point anyway because Arthas abandoned any rightful claim to Lordaeron when he murdered his father, his title of king was a false one.
    false one? he had the stronger military force of azeroth, how can his title be false? he conquered the previous kingdom and nobody couldnt deal with him.
    he even had subjects.

exactly like sylvanas, she was enough powerful to reclaim hers kingdom.
    why hordes and neutral forces must care about human's right?

the menethil line pretty much ends with Calia anyway so.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Why is it bullshit? Because it doesn't align with your opinion? Calia as a character does not need to have a drive to reclaim Lordaeron just because she was a Menethil.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    false one? he had the stronger military force of azeroth, how can his title be false? he conquered the previous kingdom and nobody couldnt deal with him.
    he even had subjects.

exactly like sylvanas, she was enough powerful to reclaim hers kingdom.
    why hordes and neutral forces must care about human's right?
    He took the kingdom by betrayal which is not a legal claim to rule. And he didn't have subjects, he had mindless undead slaves.

Or maybe she just legitimately has no desire to rule?

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Why is it bullshit? Because it doesn't align with your opinion? Calia as a character does not need to have a drive to reclaim Lordaeron just because she was a Menethil.
    But she does. She should. It's her homeland, it's where she grew up. Some of her people are still alive, wondering what happened to their princess. What she's doing is a complete farce.

There are. Most of the Argent Crusade are Lordaeron humans, and there are still Lordaeron humans living in pockets of land such as Solliden's farmstead.
    Argent Crusade includes other races at this point and they chose to pursue their path of Paladin-land instead of recreating Lordaeron. Solliden's Farmstead was targeted by the Forsaked and most likely met its demise.

> Route the Forsaken from Lordaeron
    With what? The farmers from Silliden's Farmstead?

The Argent Crusade should already be keeping very close tabs on the Forsaken, as they are actively replagueing the lands they are trying to restore.
    The Forsaken are using Blight on their land or on the land of their enemies, not on the parts of Plaguelands controlled by the Argent Crusade. And even if they did, what of it? Should the Forsaken concern themselves with what Argent Crusade plans for that land? Should the Crusade's plans trump the Forsaken's plans? Considering that the Argent Crusade it a continuation (twofold) or an organization that was disbanded by the very kingdom you argue for them to restore, I'm not sure why the answer to either of these questions should be a positive one. Using Menethil's Lordaeron as vantage point, they have no right whatsoever. Which I guess is one of the reasons why they don't give a shit about its restoration.

Because it's her kingdom and her birthright.
    Her kingdom and her birthright are nothing but ash at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Victim mentality much?

Plenty of untied stories in the game, has nothing to do with "spitting Alliance players in the face"...
    HORDE BIAS and CIRCLEJERK mentality detected. It is known that Blizzard spits Alliance players in the face all the time. In fact, every time an Alliance players has a birthday, they are anonymously gifted a puppy by Mike Morhaime himself, only for him to pop out of the birthday cake to stab the puppy in front on said Alliance player.

But she does. She should. It's her homeland, it's where she grew up. Some of her people are still alive, wondering what happened to their princess. What she's doing is a complete farce.
    Why should she? You're enforcing your ideals on her character, but unfortunately not everyone follows your line of thinking. She doesn't care about reclaiming a dead kingdom.

Okay, where is it stated that she wants to reclaim it? As a fictional character, we only know what has been written, and we have been told by the writers that she has no interest in reclamation.

The burden of proof that she wishes to go and take it back is on you.