Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Westfall is stuck in Cataclysm time period, we dunno what it looks like now.

What Horde? The Horde's power is in Kalimdor. If we discount the blood elves, the Forsaken are on their own.
    the horde that will get in their ships and start sailing east once they hear the UC in under siege, if they get there in time, they finish of the alliance, if the alliance won, they finish them of and start going south for that sweet loot.

either way, they is no scenario where the alliance can win.

westfall is still a crap waste of land that the humans didnt care about, and its still a piece of shit to this day.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And then used her as one of his main general in later parts of campaign against Quel'thalas and onward.
    Does she really count as a subject if she was mind controlled tho?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    the horde that will get on ship and starts sailing east when they hear the UC in under siege, if they get there in time, they finish of the alliance, if the allaince won, they finish them of and start going south for that sweet loot.

either way, they is no scenario where the alliance can win.
    The Horde won't risk a campaign for the Undercity, and even if they did, the army of Stormwind will get there before they do.

That poor woman has seen enough of death; no, she is not the only survivor of the scourging of Lordaeron, but she is the only one who saw it carried out by her baby brother, who killed their father and who knows what happened to their mother. All there is in trying to reclaim it, is more death, and for what? To sit a abandoned throne over a blighted kingdom? "You can't go home again" doesn't even begin to cover it.

I only wish they had gone with the fan theory that she had been stashed in SI:7 as Calia Hastings.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, lol @ people talking about taking Lordaeron from the Forsaken as though it were "Princess Must Die!"

Ebon Blade is unlikely to do anything with it. They aren't generally expansionist and they are just fine being in Aecherus (and I don't think they have enough members to have housing problems, though they do raise new Death Knights from people fallen on the Broken Shore). Thoras abandons it and since Galen turned the population into undead which was then wiped by the Ebon Blade, the place is a ghost town. Since the Forsaken wanted to make it into another Undercity (and maybe even conquered it, I'm not 100% sure if it was said if Galen conquered it on his own or when precisely he rebelled against them). As for Danath, he pops up in Warrior questine at the start, but then vanishes again. Either way, it's unknown if he even has a claim because we don't know his parents and Stromgarde's inheritance laws. And gotta agree on Refugee Pointe. That place is a deathtrap. The Forsaken need to roll over few Blight tanks near the cliffs and pour Blight down, turning it into a Blight lake.
    Yeah most likely the ebon blade won't do anything with it. A flying fortress well armed and protected is much more valuable than something on the ground. Even if the refugees somehow managed to take it for themselves, it wouldn't take much for the Forsaken to roll in and decimate them. Or anyone, really. How those humans managed to survive in a place with zero vantage points with raging elementals, giant spiders, and raptors roaming around is beyond me.

Blood Elves made a mistake there, one they don't like to admit but is true. And the Alliance only accounted the Horde for Garrosh's actions as long as they followed him, which didn't last long. Besides, Garrosh was their leader. Jaina was never the leader of the Alliance, and Garithos wasn't representative of the Alliance as a whole.
    From Blood Elves' perspective the idea that they made a mistake there is dogshit and I kinda doubt your word matters more to them than their own opinions. And immediately after Garrosh' downfall Varian said he wants to contain Sylvanas, so yeah, no, they didn't stop with Garrosh. And Alliance has no general representative, it has individual leaders. It couldn't control them in case of Jaina or Garithos. Which still reflects badly on them.

Only in your fantasy.
    Right of conquest stopped being valid only after WWII on Earth. Azeroth is nowhere near that level of a civilization. You only show off your ignorance further and further.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-08-07 at 08:40 PM.

The Horde won't risk a campaign for the Undercity, and even if they did, the army of Stormwind will get there before they do.
    ok i am convinced you are typing without thinking, so either you are a troll or a fanboy, either way, its pointless to keep talking to you.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Lordaeron never left the Alliance, Lordaeron was the Alliance, which Stormwind was a part of. Then Arthas' betrayal happened.
    Read Rise of the Lich King.

Would love a citation on that, as the WoWpedia page says he was assassinated post third war, but not by whom.
    Thoras' WoWPedia page under "death and legacy" (first sentence): "Thoras Trollbane met his end when he was assassinated by his son, Galen[23] following the Third War."

He did, read Day of the Dragon. And how doesn't that change anything? He literally mind controlled Terenas and the other monarchs so they would make him the ruler of Alterac.
    Weirdly enough, WoWPedia does not mention it (contrary to Thoras being killed by Galen).

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    It's on Thoras' page too, they just didn't read their own source.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    ok i am convinced you are typing without thinking, so either you are a troll or a fanboy, either way, its pointless to keep talking to you.
    OP wants calia to want lordaeron and actually thinks she would do anything but fail in reclaiming it, while also screaming like a 2 year old about horde favortism, which is exactly what he'll get with calia wanting lordaeron. I can't imagine anyone being that stupid so it's gotta be a troll.

From Blood Elves' perspective the idea that they made a mistake there is dogshit and I kinda doubt your word matters more to them than their own opinions. And immediately after Garrosh' downfall Varian said he wants to contain Sylvanas, so yeah, no, they didn't stop with Garrosh. And Alliance has no general representative, it has individual leaders. It couldn't control them in case of Jaina or Garithos. Which still reflects badly on them.

Right of conquest stopped being valid only after WWII on Earth. Azeroth is nowhere near that level of a civilization. You only show off your ignorance further and further.
    He's talking about containing Sylvanas. What does that have to do with blaming the entire Horde for something? Varian had no beef with the majority of the Horde after Garrosh was done. Varian was the high king of the Alliance, it's stated in-game.

Forsaken aren't alive though, they're unnatural aberrations that shouldn't even exist. And Sylvanas was a high elf in life. If anyone has a claim to Lordaeron, it's definitely not her.
    Still, they were born in Lordaeron and died in Lordaeron and they were the citizens of Lordaeron. Which gives them the real claim of the Kingdom. Sylvanas just leads them, because Forsaken let her to. It's not like they are being mind controlled by Sylvanas. If they didn't like her, they could have just killed her.

You see my point? I think Lordaeron belongs to the people of Lordaeron already. Not the original monarch, but the people are still there.

Read Rise of the Lich King.

Thoras' WoWPedia page under "death and legacy" (first sentence): "Thoras Trollbane met his end when he was assassinated by his son, Galen[23] following the Third War."

Weirdly enough, WoWPedia does not mention it (contrary to Thoras being killed by Galen).

It's on Thoras' page too, they just didn't read their own source.
    It was literally added to Thoras' page after I made that post. Did you just ninja edit that? Sneaky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Still, they were born in Lordaeron and died in Lordaeron and they were the citizens of Lordaeron. Which gives them the real claim of the Kingdom. Sylvanas just leads them, because Forsaken let her to. It's not like they are being mind controlled by Sylvanas. If they didn't like her, they could have just killed her.

You see my point? I think Lordaeron belongs to the people of Lordaeron already. Not the original monarch, but the people are still there.
    They lost their claim when they died.

Forsaken aren't alive though, they're unnatural aberrations that shouldn't even exist. And Sylvanas was a high elf in life. If anyone has a claim to Lordaeron, it's definitely not her.
    Sorry, gonna have to stop you there. When the exiled night elves headed east they landed on the Lordaeron continent after a few years and settled in what is now the Tirisfal Glades for a few years. This is also when the change from night elf to high elf happened, but that's not relevant. Many of them went insane after a few years and they left because they thought something evil was living under the forest (which we now know there was) so they moved north and established Quel'thalas. So even though high elves aren't immortal and Sylvanas wasn't born until the kingdom had already been established, you could make an argument it was high elf land long before the humans built a kingdom there. X

Not exactly a strong argument, but then again neither is anything you've posted either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Sorry, gonna have to stop you there. When the exiled night elves headed east they landed on the Lordaeron continent after a few years and settled in what is now the Tirisfal Glades for a few years. This is also when the change from night elf to high elf happened, but that's not relevant. Many of them went insane after a few years and they left because they thought something evil was living under the forest (which we now know there was) so they moved north and established Quel'thalas. So even though high elves aren't immortal and Sylvanas wasn't born until the kingdom had already been established, you could make an argument it was high elf land long before the humans built a kingdom there. X

Not exactly a strong argument, but then again neither is anything you've posted either.
    They left. You don't have claims to a land if you leave it.

They lost their claim when they died.
    I don't believe anyone that has a claim on the landmass has the power to uphold against the Forsaken. Most of the survivors of Lordaeron either migrated to Stormwind and became Stormwind citizens, or joined the Scarlet Crusade and were killed by us. Others are real minority.

She owes it to the remainder of her people that still live to at least make an effort for it.
    Why? And even if she did, how does "owing to make an effort" mean she has to also want to actually do so?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    OP wants calia to want lordaeron and actually thinks she would do anything but fail in reclaiming it, while also screaming like a 2 year old about horde favortism, which is exactly what he'll get with calia wanting lordaeron. I can't imagine anyone being that stupid so it's gotta be a troll.
    and he succeeded for 14 pages.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Ever think there might be room for development for her?

Blizzard aren't going to leave Calia Menethil as a minor cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    I don't believe anyone that has a claim on the landmass has the power to uphold against the Forsaken. Most of the survivors of Lordaeron either migrated to Stormwind and became Stormwind citizens, or joined the Scarlet Crusade and were killed by us. Others are real minority.
    They could have the power if they united.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? And even if she did, how does "owing to make an effort" mean she has to also want to actually do so?
    What? She should want to purely out of debt to her people. She abandoned the land during its darkest time.

They still held Gilneas, which was the point. Honestly, I still don't know what the Forsaken gained ultimately from their war with Gilneas. They didn't use the port much at all and there seemed to be little point in the whole campaign.
    They didn't. They pushed the Forsaken out and them moved after them to press their advance. After which they were defeated in Silverpine.

The Forsaken have taken title to Lordaeron by adverse possession