Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I didn't say marxism and SJW are the same thing. What i said is that SJW ideas are heavily influenced by Marx, especially by the class struggle theory. Heck, modern feminists pretty much drink in this fountain. In their view we face a constant conflict for power between men and women, and the over representation of men in power position is only due to and endless opression.

This current of thought, which puts men and women as antagonized classes is very common inside the democratic party, and that's an example.
    Another example is their support to the BLM movement.
    Their promiscuous relationship with unions also evidences this.
    1) But if they embrace marxist ideas, then they should comfort with marxist ideas of gender.

In their view we face a constant conflict for power between men and women, and the over representation of men in power position is only due to and endless opression.
    If this is the criteria, then Trump's rhetoric is marxist as well (evil globalists, well this one I can kind believe it, given that marxist do hate free trade, bad example).
    Well, extreme feminists (sjws) disavowed Clinton as well, aneeta sarkeesan comes to my mind. Not like I mind.

2) The second error of your idea is that the democratic party has a promiscuous relation with unions. I don't think this is true, unions are generally anti-free trade and are pretty protective of their respective industry. I.E Coal industry unions are in favor of deregulation of coal. Though I agree democrats are pro worker since they fight for the necessary things unions should fight for. Higher wages and a guarantee of works when certain sectors inevitably fail (coal).

3) BLM pretty much disavowed clinton. Democrats do care about black problems (or so do they claim, I don't know if this is true someone with more expertise can tell me more about this)
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-08-07 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Unions and BLM are your evidence for "flirting with the far left"?"
    Negotiating wages is pretty evil you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Funny because most believe that democrats are moving to the center left,borderline right.
    Not center left, center rigth.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see how they moved far far far to the left by taking a closer look to the concepts they embrace. I mean, democratic party pretty much supports all those stupid SJW views and crazy theories, which have it's roots on marxism and radical feminism, just to give a few examples.

Sure, they still can't apply those ideas because the way the U.S political system works, and due to the fact that a considerable percentage of the country is extremely conservative.

But for me, it's pretty evident that, at least on the ideological plane, they are flirting with the far left.
    Left to right divide usually refers to the fiscal issues.

And I really don't see any Marxist ideals with the dems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I'm sure you're not biased at all.

The simple truth is that he saved this country from a major recession caused by excessive regulation and taxation.
    I am just not completely clueless and slobbering up the republican narrative. Reagan was a shitstain of a president and his idiocy still has profound effects on todays middle class.

Deleted
    Looking from outside, for me it's pretty clear that the democratic party moved far far far to the left, and the republican party moved far far far to the right.

Both cases are bad and increases political polarization, which divides the country by increasing the hate among the people.
    Looking from outside, the democratic party moved to the far far far left?
    In your country, Hilary Clinton would be far far far left?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *removes glasses*

mother of god.....
    why they ban you oh great genn?
    your dank memes are the only salvation for this world
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL the democratic party is not on the left.

The democratic is proof that you can monetize hysteria, that's something completely on the right.

Quite frankly the US is thoroughly void of true, strong left alternatives.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The Democrats are Center-Right. The Republicans have just gone batshit insane and became the far right.
    ^ This.

Failure to understand this is a fact might suggest your political compass is no longer working.

no the Dems's moved too far to the right, by going ahead with Hillary Clinton, that and her rabid sycophants. they're not liberal, they're illiberal and it shows.

It's simply amazing how right wing America is that anyone could say that with a straight face.

I think you no longer know what the words "left wing" even mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.