Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Cairne would win. Garrosh is bigger, stronger and wiser than his dad and he did struggle in a fight. Of course he would win without even a need of poison but still. I bet me sack on Cairne.
    I'm having a hard time taking any of your posts seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Garrosh, The Wiser Than You.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

He did however the blow was weakened because he had blocked it using his Bloodhoof rune spear. The hit itself was described as a glancing blow because of it, but regardless he took a hit from an axe of Gorehowl's size which was being used by an orc of Garrosh's strength. A hit that was located in the chest. He only died because of the poison

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Funny how the relevance of this comment in regards of the discussed confrontation is pretty much about "there's no Night Elves involved so I don't give a shit".
    Nah it's because they are horde characters. I am interested in AA characters mostly.

Deleted
    difficult life eh, homie? let the sirens scare the hood! woop woop

but yes, take it seriously. in fact you can take it seriously and feel quite comfort, because in a few second some limp wristed progressive minded 'horde be democracy 2016' will come and nod. after x nods there is a perk 'no moar rib works:you can suck it while standing straight'.

Really the blow Cairne took to the chest was nothing, it said so in the book the spear took almost all of the force and shattered and because of that it only scratched Cairne, who then got paralysed by the poison.
    Cairne got scratched that's all.
    And btw LittleJin Garrosh was only bigger than Grom, he wasnt really that much stronger, let alone wiser and Grom kept a cool head while fighting unlike Garrosh who just charged at Cairne in the duel.

There's not enough context involved for either character for me to really know. They were both fairly old in the time they would have met. I think Cairne may have won, but it would have been a close fight, and an epic spectacle to watch.

If he took it to the chest he would have died he dodged and was cut.
    "At first gaining the upper hand, the Runespear is shattered by Gorehowl and Cairne takes a glancing slash in the chest."

A glancing slash from gorehowl being used by an orc with Garrosh's strength would still kill a lot of people. At an old age Carine kicked the crap out of Garrosh in his prime. While Grom is a lot better of a warrior we've never seen Carine in his prime. Carine was also described as one of the most dangerous creatures alive in Classic WoW.

Deleted
    Cairne would win. Arguably strongest race to be a warrior lore-wise anyway (well, after ogres). Grom's speciality was in every fight to charge and throw a blow. He was never so specially brilliant combatant, just an strong orc,

7+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go with Grom. As said before, in Draenor he battled the ogre empire, so he surely knows how to fight and oponnent of bigger size.
    Also he is portrayed as one the most skilled orc warriors ever, and since we don't know how good was Cairne in his youth..
    I love Cairne, btw. But Grom is a better warrior.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Cairne would win. Arguably strongest race to be a warrior lore-wise anyway (well, after ogres). Grom's speciality was in every fight to charge and throw a blow. He was never so specially brilliant combatant, just an strong orc,
    read beyond the dark portal, if only the grom parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like Cairne, I would have to give this one to Grom. Orcs aren't that smaller than taurens and weapons are a big equalizer in combat. Unless it's a bare fist fight I don't see Cairne winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Nah it's because they are horde characters. I am interested in AA characters mostly.
    And pandas, if I remember correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    and since we don't know how good was Cairne in his youth..
    Well, there's little to speculate about, in his youth he was obviously better than he was during his 106's. Maybe a bit less experienced, but considered the kind of life Tauren did, not a surprise if he made most of it during his younger years or at least before he became an actual oldie.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Gromm spent most of his life fighting Ogre's, he knew how to handle a bigger Opponent
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Cairn was a formidable fighter but lets face it he couldnt even handle the fucking centaur without help but the demons choose Grom personally cause they knew he was a fucking brutal lunatic just like his father Golmash!.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    Cairn was a formidable fighter but lets face it he couldnt even handle the fucking centaur without help
    Being outnumbered is quite a separate issue from individual martial prowess. And the centaur are no minor issue as some people believe, Vanilla has been very clear about that.

but the demons choose Grom personally cause they knew he was a fucking brutal lunatic just like his father Golmash!
    He was also way easier to tempt, considered how the blood curse still ran through his veins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Gromm spent most of his life fighting Ogre's, he knew how to handle a bigger Opponent
    Most Ogres are stupid as shit, where Cairne was rather smart and observant in combat. Tauren are also way better proportioned than Ogres.

-snip-
    Well i guess it comes down to experience and conviction and we both know Grom has conviction in spades and Grom has fought humans and other races for years while Cairne only had the centaur and perhaps plainstriders to deal with.

Lets face it Grom has way more experience than Cairn and has seen much more variety of battle styles than Cairn ever has. Put them in a ring and experience and conviction will shine through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most Ogres are stupid as shit, where Cairne was rather smart and observant in combat. Tauren are also way better proportioned than Ogres.
    still, Grom fought Gronn's and his Axe grow stronger every time Grom had Killing blow, and about carine surprising speed, grom also fought NE well and had no problem with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    Well i guess it comes down to experience and conviction and we both know Grom has conviction in spades and Grom has fought humans and other races for years while Cairne only had the centaur and perhaps plainstriders to deal with.

Lets face it Grom has way more experience than Cairn and has seen much more variety of battle styles than Cairn ever has. Put them in a ring and experience and conviction will shine through.
    we don't know the history of Carine, yes the Centaur was the main enemy, but not the only, Kalimdor had other minor races. those races are Threat as much as Centaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post

we don't know the history of Carine, yes the Centaur was the main enemy, but not the only, Kalimdor had other minor races. those races are Threat as much as Centaur.
    Thats the thing Minor races

Grom in his prime dealt with Humans, Demons, Night Elves, Ogres, Arrokoa i would assume and other orcs But who did Cairn face? Centaurs and perhaps those Quillboars and Plainstriders THATS IT! The Tauren was peaceful and never needed to study other fighting styles but Grom had to otherwise he wouldnt have lasted that long.

Deleted
    Both have their own strengths. I'd say Grom actually fights like the larger opponent while Cairne is the larger opponent. Assuming no recent demon blood infusion is involved I'd say they are about equal. If we look at the newly infused Grom however I'd say Grom would win. While more reckless he also has greatly increased strength and endurance. Then again, if you'd infuse both Cairne would probably curbstomp Grom.

All in all I'd say both have an equal chance once you ban out external factors like demon blood.

I do say though that Cairne and the Tauren as a whole suffer from lack of lore where it comes to their own group. Like the Trolls there is a ton of lore about their race as a whole but hardly any on their specific subgroup.