I'm having huge problems in arenas now and a lot of BGs with the changes to moonmoon and owlkin. If people are paying attention which they most of the time are in arena (2s and 3s) and to a lesser degree in BGs, you are never going to get a Full Moon cast off which also means you won't be able to reset it back to New Moon. During longer fights this makes balance feel super sluggish since you aren't able to generate the AP required quickly and once you've cast your two moon spells you are stuck with your normal spells which doesn't do nearly enough.

I'd rather they nerf the damage some and make all 3 moon spells instant. Would help with mobility.

Moon spells being instant in both formats with a reduced damage modifier in PvP would be pretty nice for mobility issues of the spec. With the loss of shooting stars proc and starting a fight with 3 frontloaded starsurges, balance druids have the worst mobility on par with destruction warlocks, except warlocks have significantly more durability and self healing on top of interrupt immunity and innate interrupt duration reduction.

Something also needs to be done about restoration affinity, even with it balance druids have the worst heals out of the hybrids, which is ridiculous because guardian affinity allows you to tank but restoration affinity, which is also a talent investment, most certainly does not allow you to heal.

A druid with restoration affinity should put out considerably more healing than any other hybrid, because they paid a talent slot for it.

The affinities as a whole outside guardian affinity have failed miserably in their goal due to tuning.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-08-06 at 02:18 AM.

I will have to agree with you Lucrece. The resto affinity definitely does not provide the luster of the other talents. I would be happy if they just took away the fact that we have to shapeshift out of moonkin form to use those spells that would be a major improvement to the affinity

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Eh, could just make it a toggle, where casting it again turns it back off.

I don't think we're getting this kind of major mechanics change before 8.0, though.
    Not like we would get any mech change on start of alpha . Quick look on many talents/pvptalents says it all. Absolute non-interesting, boring, shit-since-alpha-datamine, not-a-real-choice design.

I hate the empowerments.

Starsurge hits like a wet noodle now, my ele shaman's lava bursts are hitting for almost as much as a starsurge and they are an 8 sec cooldown 2 charges with a 30% chance for instant lava burst cast resets on top of a chance to duplicate themselves for 82% of the damage the first one did.

Make Starsurge simply grant a stacking debuff that reduces the cast time of Lunar Strike by 50% per stack.

I wish they'd erase these worthless empowerments that we have up most of the time and bake that damage back into starsurge and the baseline nukes.

They should also bring those random owlkin frenzy procs from the old artifact build back. Make this OKF a chance to make your next starsurge or starfall free of cost.

Are moonmoon spells no longer affected by owlkin frenzy?

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Are moonmoon spells no longer affected by owlkin frenzy?
    Nope, you can thank PvP for that blanket nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Not like we would get any mech change on start of alpha . Quick look on many talents/pvptalents says it all. Absolute non-interesting, boring, shit-since-alpha-datamine, not-a-real-choice design.
    Forgotten about Moonmoon, have we?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Nope, you can thank PvP for that blanket nerf.
    Ugh. Terrible. Insta cast full moon was so useful for world content.

I just wish owlkin frenzy at least made it exclusive to lunar strike and made its crit chance 100%, hate spending my OKF procs on midcast solar wraths or when OKF procs just as i pressed solar wrath.

---

Healing as usual is pathetic, at least gebuz seems to be the one guy pointing out in beta forums how atrocious hybrid healing is compared to pure classes.

I'm pretty pissed about our loss of utility too. In mythic+ all a balance druid brings is rebirth and innervate. I see no reason to take a balance druid to mythic+ when I can take my shaman and bring Heroism, an aoe ranged stun (unlike our shitty single target melee Bash on a longer cd than their aoe stun), wind rush totem aka stampeding roar they took away from us.

DPS druid bring virtually nothing to 5 mans now. Lost utility, have the worst healing of the hybrids ingame, and that single target priority burst were were only good at got nerfed to bits.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-08-07 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    If anyone wants to take over my spreadsheet lmk and I can transfer ownership to you.
    I know I'm about a month late, but I "stole" your spreadsheet (since it was so outdated anyway), and began putting in items and stuff.

It's far from done, but it's made from the template Alame used, and I personally prefer that, to other methods.
    I've put a few things from your guide in it as well, @Cyous, I hope you don't mind (I've given credit as well).
    The biggest thing it needs right now, other than Pre-Raid being made, is the stat weights, without that, there's not really any point in making it this detailed. I don't know if we'll ever get those, but I'm hoping for it. Someone more knowledgeable about it might be able to help me/us out.

At first it was just intended to be for personal use, and for other boomkins in my guild, but I thought I might as well share it.

Link to the spreadsheet.
    Last edited by restoxpresso; 2016-08-07 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    until the sims work properly for balance we wont be able to give you final stat weights

I have a question regarding Balance which from the videos and stuff I've seen, I haven't been able to reach a conclusion about (haven't played in 7.0 or beta).
    In WoD, apart from being overall good, Boomies were considered the AOE kings. They had their niche, they felt special and they were accepted as such in a raid environment (even considered necessary in certain fights/scenarios).
    In Legion and after the Starfall changes what's the situation? Does Balance have any identity or is it just another kind of homogenized mage-y class, doing the same as the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I hate the empowerments
    Me too.

I hate the fact that SS and SW/LS without empowerments, damage wise, are quite low. It doesn't feel satisfying.

I do rather have SW hitting always 100k rather than 70k sometimes and 130k some other times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    I have a question regarding Balance which from the videos and stuff I've seen, I haven't been able to reach a conclusion about (haven't played in 7.0 or beta).
    In WoD, apart from being overall good, Boomies were considered the AOE kings. They had their niche, they felt special and they were accepted as such in a raid environment (even considered necessary in certain fights/scenarios).
    In Legion and after the Starfall changes what's the situation? Does Balance have any identity or is it just another kind of homogenized mage-y class, doing the same as the rest?

When was moonkin the aoe king? xD. It was barely top 5 when all cds were up. If you mean multidotting yes, then I could agree but AoE?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    When was moonkin the aoe king? xD. It was barely top 5 when all cds were up. If you mean multidotting yes, then I could agree but AoE?
    Considering AoE means Area of Effect and in WoD our Starfall had 40yrd radius, yeah we were the AoE kings as no other dps could deal as much damage as we could on such a large area.

Not to mention its damage didn't require massive ramp up and two dots active on each target beforehand for such middling results, and since shooting star procs happened far more often than we're using either Starsurge or Starfall now, Starfall back then gimped our single target priority add damage less.

I don't know how they managed it, but they sure did strip bare both druid DPS specs, of both their identity and their utility to a group. The affinity talent tier, our garbage CC tier with mass entanglement still in existence, our mobility tier still consisting of a blink with double the cooldown and double the GCD consumption with shapeshifting or a flat out worse wild charge.

Renewal being a 2 minute 30% HP heal while a rogue's crimson vial is a baseline ability that heals the same on a 30 sec cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Considering AoE means Area of Effect and in WoD our Starfall had 40yrd radius, yeah we were the AoE kings as no other dps could deal as much damage as we could on such a large area.
    If the targets were spread, I could possibly agree but with stacked up targets, unless something drastically changed in HFC when I stopped playing, we weren't even close from being the best.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Forgotten about Moonmoon, have we?
    Yet,it is still unusable, boring and wrong in parts of the game same as on start. You should even name Collapsing star -> Fury of elune what was change to worse lol, and again rendered spell working only in some parts of the game. Yeah Tigers Fury as a talent is very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    In Cata.
    Last edited by Madus; 2016-08-08 at 05:34 AM.