Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    They really couldn't make that minion give any totem because you could drop that 3/4 4 mana minion and cast X shaman spells and the Totem Golem and Mana Tides it would create would break the game.

I think if this was an expansion, it could be called The Grand Tournament 2.0 . Why? Because its about to have very little impact on the meta. I'm looking at the tier 1 decks and looking at the added cards, and I just can't see what they're trying to do.
    It seems more like these cards aren't meant to do anything on their own, but encourage decks that were a bit lackluster before (Ex- Dragon Paladin, Bolster Warrior, Discard Warlock). Which is reasonable, considering it's just an adventure, not a full blown expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It seems more like these cards aren't meant to do anything on their own, but encourage decks that were a bit lackluster before (Ex- Dragon Paladin, Bolster Warrior, Discard Warlock). Which is reasonable, considering it's just an adventure, not a full blown expansion.
    Naxxramas was also just an adventure. TgT was a full blown expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Naxxramas was also just an adventure. TgT was a full blown expansion.
    Naxx was also the first set of cards added to the game aside from the starting cards.

And TGT gets quite a bit of complaints for being lackluster overall, which kinda supports my point that people expect brand new meta defining decks from expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    How many times have you play SI on t3 without the combo? And that's why you play this card.
    Except the weapon doesn't even get equipped upon deathrattle. Secondly, the weapon costs too much. It's a shittier fiery win axe/eaglehorn bow etc. If they wanted rogues to use it, it should add a benefit to equipping it. Possibly a heal, since rogues have no strong healing options.

It also has the problem of competing with several good 3 drops that rogue already has. What would it replace?

Not talking about arena for this since it's a decent/great arena card that rogues didn't even need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest is still shit...
    Buffing classes that don't need it and ignoring classes that do is how Blizzard have always worked, why do people complain or expect anything else? You're wasting your energy.

This is pretty comfortably the worst set in the game, below TGT.

I wouldn't play Purify at 0. In fact, if it cost 0 and could target anything, you wouldn't even play it for the silence effect but only to cantrip out for free and play a 28-card deck. That's how weak this effect is.

I can't say I'm excited for this expansion, the new card sets look rather bad and boring. The only good legendary is Barnes, while the others need a deck that are to much build around them. Priest for some reason got the worst new class cards, while they were already the worst class. Purify is a complete joke, and while priest of the Feast is probably their best new I don't think I'd run it over Holy Champion, an amazing 4 drop. I've made far better priest cards in the ''Create your own Hearthstone Cards'' thread last night.

I hope the boss fights will be good atleast. Some new decks I'd like to try out with this expansion are beast druid, discard zoolock and maybe bolster warrior.

I didn't know Priest was rotating out too. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I didn't know Priest was rotating out too. Interesting.
    I've been wracking my brain for a day or two now trying to justify that card.

I truly can't. I'm sorry priest.

15+ Year Old Account
    In other news, Upgrade might be really strong with Medivh?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Medivh would be insane if the meta slowed down enough. Too many games are decided by like turn 8-9 now. The thought of a discard zoo hybrid becoming a thing is rather scary. The possibility of a 4/3 & 3/3 on turn 1 if you go second is uhh...yeah. Along the lines of turn 1 Dark Arakkoa from druid.

Am I the only one that thinks spirit claws is going to be nuts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    This is pretty comfortably the worst set in the game, below TGT.

I wouldn't play Purify at 0. In fact, if it cost 0 and could target anything, you wouldn't even play it for the silence effect but only to cantrip out for free and play a 28-card deck. That's how weak this effect is.
    There already is a 0 mana silence that can target anything that isn't being played.

If Spirit Claws was a battlecry, it would be really strong. As is, its up to Thalnos, Azure Drake and Spellpower totem. I could see it used in Midrange shaman though(and I think its a really strong card for Arena regardless). Its not like the Rogue mech weapon, because you can't ping without it. Its not like the paladin 1/4 weapon because it can have 3 dmg. The more I'm thinking about it, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks spirit claws is going to be nuts?
    Possibly but Shaman doesn't have spelldamage minions on its own and the only decent neutral with a low manacost is Bloodmage thalnos.

I mean you can try your luck on the 25% totem lottery but that is obviously no reliant way to fight off any minion with more than one health.

Also, trading off a lot of minions with weapons reveals a major weakness of Shaman: Lack of decent heals, there's only Healing wave (which always has a fail factor even against Aggro) and Hallazeal, but Hallazael needs turn 8 and another card to work, which is sometimes too late against aggro.

Don't get me wrong, i think the card is decent, especially against aggro shaman where you can easily kill off their Tunnel Trogg / Feral Spirit with this weapon if you get lucky with Wrath of air or drop Bloodmage thalnos.

If Spell / Control Shaman becomes an actually decent deck, i could easily imagine putting a Kobold Geomancer into it simply to have another Spirit claws activator on turn 2.

Kobold Geomancer is also superior to Wrath of Air for the same cost, if you ignore totem synergy.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-08-07 at 12:34 PM.

So the three main uses of Purify are:

Purify + Ancient Watcher = 4 mana 4/5 + draw a card
    Purify + Eerie Statue = 6 mana 7/7 + draw a card
    Shadow Madness + Purify = 6 mana steal a 3 or less attack enemy minion + silence it + draw a card

Ok four, if Moat Lurker summons the destroyed opponent back to its owner it's 8 mana 3/3 + destroy an enemy minion + draw a card.

But of course most of the times you'll never see these combos so Purify doesn't do much.

And sadly, all those combos are terrible. Never mind super unreliable, something priest already has issues with. They have tons of godlike combos already, the problem is just that, yeah, they're unreliable. This is just more of that, except... weaker than their pre-existing combos. Just... what kind of idiot came up with this idea?

The only potential combo I can see that might even remotely be worth it would be barnes into some huge minion (huge body specifically, since you then don't get its effect), but that is so unlikely that it would be the height of stupidity to put those cards into your deck for that purpose... unless you're just doing it for the 'meme potential' anyway.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    There already is a 0 mana silence that can target anything that isn't being played.
    I'm well aware.

I just made up another purify combo:

Doomsayer + Purify + Inner Fire = 5 mana 7/7 + draw a card. Not bad, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post

Even a early 7/7 is useless, Zoo just need a one of his token minons + PW + Abusive and its dead, 2 mana combo + building up the board and hey its turn 4 so he play 2 more minions. Shaman will Hex or Silence it and Warrior use one of his 4 1 mana removels.

This game need new 2-3 mana cards that punish aggro decks or the dev team nerf half of the 1 and 2 drops.

Leave it to players of today to bitch and whine about goofy fun...
    I always wondered what Karazhan looked like before all the undeath and shit. Now I know. Doesn't take away anything from WoW's Karazhan, HS is light-hearted fun within an already oftentimes light-hearted universe.

So the three main uses of Purify are:

Purify + Ancient Watcher = 4 mana 4/5 + draw a card
    Purify + Eerie Statue = 6 mana 7/7 + draw a card
    Shadow Madness + Purify = 6 mana steal a 3 or less attack enemy minion + silence it + draw a card

Ok four, if Moat Lurker summons the destroyed opponent back to its owner it's 8 mana 3/3 + destroy an enemy minion + draw a card.

But of course most of the times you'll never see these combos so Purify doesn't do much.
    Purify + Ancient Watcher = 2 card cost, 4 mana cost 4/5 body. And you get a card back, so the 2 card cost is reduced to 1.
    Why not just play a yeti? It's much simpler.

Of course, I'm deliberately ignoring tempo in that equation.
    You can play the watcher on turn 2, and probably it survives to turn 3 where you can purify it, meaning you have an attacking yeti on turn 3.
    But the downside, you just blew turn both turn 2 + 3 doing that. It's better to just play 2 minions ain't it?
    Also, if tempo is the key aspect, then silence is miles better than purify, as it allows you to play something on turn 3 as well.

--

Purify + Eerie Statue = 2 card cost, 6 mana cost, 7/7. And you get a card back, so the card cost is reduced to 1.
    I'd rather play a temple enforcer honestly. It's much simpler, and offers more flexibility.

The tempo argument is the same for this play. If tempo matters, silence is better since it doesn't cost 2 mana, allowing you to use that mana for a minion instead.

--

Sadly, this doesn't work. Dispel a shadow madness card, and it is immediately returned to its owner.

--

The moat lurker is probably the only option that is actually sane.

The moat lurker cost 6 mana, and gives a 3/3 body. Basically, the assassinate effect is worth ~3.5 mana on that card.
    With purify, that is a 2 card cost 8 mana cost 3/3 body + assassinate effect, but you get a card back so the card cost is still 1.
    Meaning your assassinate just cost 5.5 mana using that combo.

Comparing the 5.5 mana assassinate with a 6 mana entomb, and it still doesn't look that appealing though.
    It's theoretically better, but not exactly amazing. And you need the combo, which the entomb does not.

Not sure if serious or irony...

Doomsayer + Purify + Inner Fire = 3 card cost, 5 mana cost 7/7. And you get a card back, so the card cost is reduced to 2.

Compare that to
    Oasis Snapjaw + Inner Fire. That's a 2 card cost, 5 mana cost, 7/7.
    Same outcome, less cards required for the combo. Definitively better.

Or compare it to
    Tournament Medic + Inner Fire. That's a 2 card cost, 5 mana cost, 8/8, that also has a body effect.
    Decidedly better in any possible way.

--

Concluding. Purify is a terrible miss of a card.
    Not all cards need to be amazing, we're in a game where Shatter exists. Better luck next time.
    But we're also in a game where Priests needed help, and this was decidedly not it.
    Last edited by Danner; 2016-08-08 at 11:27 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]