Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a Finn I find this whole thing disturbing... very few people use maid services here - I haven't actually come across personally anyone who uses such services. Wouldn't even cross my mind to hire a maid unless I was disabled or something. Taking care of your own apartment/house is a thing you do yourself whether it is fun or not. Nobody likes cleaning, but they still do it themselves.... It's just one of those things you do yourself, you don't hire anyone to wipe your ass either.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I've never had a need for one. I'm pretty self sufficient when it comes to Cooking, Cleaning, Washing and general house work. And with the Girlfriend set to move in with me in two months time, the need for one decreases further.

Seriously though OP this is like your 5th thread about cleaning that I am aware of, do you think maybe less threads about cleaning and more actual cleaning would placate your SO and her issues regarding your messiness a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Well, there are more people than not that have money for such things. Aside from that, $15/hour is actually around the bottom of the barrel for hired help.
    I think in most places in the US they look at you like you're crazy for expecting that much before laughing you out the door.

Had a cleaning lady once who was great until she decided to bring her super-creepy drug-addict brother along to help her clean. He stole a bunch of stuff from our house and later burglarized our relative's house where she cleaned as well (where he was caught on camera by a neighbor and arrested).

We have a cleaning service come twice a week to clean out home. It's a crew of 5 takes them about 1.5 - 2 hours for a light clean, and 4-5 hours for the once a month deep clean. It runs me about $225 a week. If my math is correct that comes to about $11.25 and hour for the the basic clean a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage View Post
    We have a cleaning service come twice a week to clean out home. It's a crew of 5 takes them about 1.5 - 2 hours for a light clean, and 4-5 hours for the once a month deep clean. It runs me about $225 a week. If my math is correct that comes to about $11.25 and hour for the the basic clean a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you paying almost 1k to cleaning service a month?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I think in most places in the US they look at you like you're crazy for expecting that much before laughing you out the door.
    The thing about housecleaning is that it's both hard work with short hours. So, in order to live off it, you need many regular clients.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Yeah....but she doesn't like it when I call her that.

But no. I don't get why people are high horsing against people who do...they are literally giving someone a job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    The thing about housecleaning is that it's both hard work with short hours. So, in order to live off it, you need many regular clients.
    My appartment wouldn't be hard work, it's big for a 1, but it's kinda forgiving to clean, still :P

I'm too independent to rely on someone like that.

Deleted
    we use to have a cleaner that came once a week, but we cancelled it, actually prefer not having one. im not super fussed about tidiness anyway and i dont mind cleaning really, also when im at home, i spend 90% of my time at my desk, so there is never really enough that needs cleaning to make me want to pay someone to do it. Even though i can afford it, i have no desire to have a cleaner again, maybe when im a bit older and have kids taking up my time / messing up the place.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-08-08 at 01:00 AM.

No. It's not that I'm broke (although money is very, very tight at the moment), but I don't see the point in spending that kind of money on something I can easily handle myself. I'm not really a messy person, and my house isn't huge, so it's not hard to manage on my own. I also don't have kids, so I guess that helps too.

Only situation I could see myself hiring a maid is if I got hurt or something and couldn't handle it myself, although I'd have to be hurt pretty badly over a long term for that to happen.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-08-08 at 01:17 AM.

I fired her. She kept cleaning when I was trying to sleep.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Yeah, I've got a maid. She's called Mum, haha.

After recently catching up on Devious Maids tv show, I don't think I'll ever have a maid. Not to mention, it's kind of a waste of money, when we have two hands to clean up after ourselves.
    It already pisses me off when a cleaning lady wants to clean a hotel room, like on vacation. I like things to go my way, I like things to be in places where I like etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have cleaning services come to clean my homes. The only place I don't have them clean are my offices, which I keep locked.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I fired her. She kept cleaning when I was trying to sleep.
    Man, that's rude of her. What was she doing, running a vacuum while you were having a nap?

I have a lady that comes over once a week to do in-depth cleaning, only 120 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had one, but my grandparents had one named Darla that would come once or twice a week for many years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spanish maid to organize, laundry and clean my condo once a week for 100euros/month.