Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    so in your flawed position us folks who live in rural areas should make due with an army of pidgy and and weedle if we can find them
    I don't care what you do honestly. Offering a solution is not my concern. Nor has any of my commentary on cheating, spoofing, gameplay or design addressed such.

Deleted
    I don't even live in a rural area, but because I'm not in Central and there aren't many landmarks near me, stops and gyms are pretty sparse. It needs work for sure.

I've also noticed that two large open public spaces near me; Woolwich Common and Oxleas Woods, have very few spots in them. It makes no sense for density to be higher on the main roads and private property from a 'lore' perspective or a safety one. On Woolwich Common, which is just a huge swathe of IRL long grass, there is not a single pokemon spawn point.

Hopefully down the line Niantic will open an automated service for people to populate their areas.

Edit; it also desperately needs an option to run in the background, and just alert you to a pokemon in range or an egg hatching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    There is clearly a “come on” about it, as a “Come on, why should I pay 10€ for 12,5hours worth of Pokémon spawns in a broken game when I can just download a Fake GPS app for free.”, your solution (if you feel like calling it that) isn’t a solution at all, even assuming you have the cash to fully rely on P2P items, it will be just as boring as cheating.

Also, I believe that I already mentioned multiple times that you are wrong, many of the rural players just don’t just have it “harder”, many just don’t have it, like nothing at all.“Oh but they can just stick a rocket up their asses and travel to places!”... beh I give up, dragging this “discussion” any further will just be a waste of time, nothing will come out of it… you do enjoy the game and your “luck”, I’ll just be here waiting until they fix this fucking train wreck that you call “art”.
    im enjoying central park right now 4 beautiful poke stops all easy getable without moving and lured 24/7
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

http://imgur.com/a/peG0U

Nintendo Store, NY City yesterday. Oh course it escaped, too.

There is clearly a “come on” about it, as a “Come on, why should I pay 10€ for 12,5hours worth of Pokémon spawns in a broken game when I can just download a Fake GPS app for free.”, your solution (if you feel like calling it that) isn’t a solution at all, even assuming you have the cash to fully rely on P2P items, it will be just as boring as cheating.
    This is all personal value attribution. Not my concern. Up to you.

also, I believe that I already mentioned multiple times that you are wrong, many of the rural players just don’t just have it “harder”.
    All game design is art. I never called Pokémon Go specifically art. So the scare quoting you are using is indicativeof a faulty conception and misunderstanding on your part.

Also you are correct, if they do not have it (so to speak); they can travel. Can't travel, don't have it, no pokestops, living in a cabin... bummer.

Desire to play is the notion you are expressing. That is apart from design. How you feel about it is none of my concern and I have yet to address such arguments. Every argument in reply concerning ones feelings are not relevant to my commentary.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-08-08 at 12:40 AM.

2 greatballs, 1 normal, 1 nice...

im enjoying central park right now 4 beautiful poke stops all easy getable without moving and lured 24/7
    I'm going back home in September. I can't wait to hunt there!

We spent about 4 hours in the park today. It was okay with the best catch being a Machop.

http://i.imgur.com/m1vgX7O.jpg
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-08-08 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    http://puu.sh/qtprt/287ff39423.jpg
    2 greatballs, 1 normal, 1 nice...
    Magikarp too stronk!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'm going back home in September. I can't wait to hunt there!
    i've caught a snorlax hitmonlee countless magikarp and bunch of other good stuff for evolving here
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

i've caught a snorlax hitmonlee countless magikarp and bunch of other good stuff for evolving here
    I got two Snorlax catches but they had bad IVS. All my top tier catches have been 80%. I generally only keep 80%+.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got two Snorlax catches but they had bad IVS. All my top tier catches have been 80%. I generally only keep 80%+.
    so close to evolving a magikarp only 86 candy to go
    Get your shit together

15+ Year Old Account
    It is. Eggs, incense, geo location, etc.

This is not wholly true. I live in a heavily populated city and work in it's most densely populated area.

There are 3 pokestops in my office vicinity, 2 of which I can reach from my desk without effort. These are lured fairly often through out the day- I can not complete the game as such or even a large portion of it- gyms, eggs, geographically located pokemon, etc all require movement.

This again assumes I believe a set of criteria that I have not stated or replied to. Fixing the game, balancing the game, it being fun, easy, hard, accessible, being successful and so forth is not contained in my commentary on spoofing.

The gameplay as expressed in the Pokemon Go is not by design to encourage spoofing or cheating. It is predicated on travel and all the systems support such.

One may have good fortune to live somewhere with 9 pokestops at their doorstep or none in 100 miles. However, the chances of such are not a factor of design promoting spoofing. You the player desire X, and through misfortune you are breaking terms of use, cheating and playing contra to the design by sitting at your computer botting or otherwise spoofing the GPS location.

This argument simply boils down to, "I want to catch a lot more than I am able to so I am cheating to make the game fair in my view".

Only design that contradicts it's own rules of operation is bad game design (because you could not play such a game, of course). Otherwise it is merely how we think something should be, which is no more valid than how the creator(s) think the game should work.

This is just one's thoughts on the matter. Not actually a rule or requirement for the artist (game designer); whom are free to create any operation that is not contradictory or invalidating to the gameplay expression (i.e. the game can be played).
    So in other words, you're pretty detached from the experience of people who don't live near a pokestop and don't work near one.

The game is nigh impossible to play at all if you have no potions or pokeballs. I've pointed that out before. The only way I can get these normally is to either spoof or take extra time out of my day to go somewhere I don't normally go to hit a few pokestops. You on the other hand can sit at 2-3 pokestops and spin all day while you do work and don't really experience running out and being unable to play.

Using spoofing and sitting at a cluster of 3 pokestops that are lured all day (like your office) I've basically been able to fill up my pokedex without needing to move. The ones I'm missing are region specific and the legendary ones that have yet to spawn. All from lures. So I didn't need to move to get them, I didn't need eggs, and gyms are almost a side thing considering how quickly they are taken over. They're pretty pointless overall.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

my team.

15+ Year Old Account
    I might just do a new account and try doing the same, I doubt I'll play like that for long though =/
    im usually doing other stuff on the computer and bluestacks lights up when a pokemon pops up
    Get your shit together

Using spoofing and sitting at a cluster of 3 pokestops that are lured all day (like your office) I've basically been able to fill up my pokedex without needing to move. The ones I'm missing are region specific and the legendary ones that have yet to spawn. All from lures. So I didn't need to move to get them, I didn't need eggs, and gyms are almost a side thing considering how quickly they are taken over. They're pretty pointless overall.
    Yes, because you cheated. I live in a large city, I go out often to hunt, I have pokestops nearby. I am not close to even 100 pokemon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because you cheated. I live in a large city, I go out often to hunt, I have pokestops nearby. I am not close to even 100 pokemon.
    How so? I put myself in a similar situation as you. Sitting at a lured cluster of pokestops for a couple of hours a day. There's ONE spot in my entire town that just barely has 3 pokestops in range. If you don't have a full 'dex, sounds like bad luck on your part.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    How so? I put myself in a similar situation as you. Sitting at a lured cluster of pokestops for a couple of hours a day.
    By cheating.

If you don't have a full 'dex, sounds like bad luck on your part.
    Indeed. Because the game relies on randomness to a degree.

I am part of POGO team here in my city. No one person in the group has even 100 mons. The highest among us had 87 mons.

I would be willing to bet you did more than park an avatar at a cluster for a few hours a day. But that is not of real concern, as you said yourself, you cheated.

My posts are consistent in addressing game design and gameplay in this context. The onus is on you to counter in the same context
    Except literally right off the bat, here was the first two posts-
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That is not within the design of the game. The design has to be expressed in gameplay. Travel about the actual world is expressed in gameplay.

Living in an area with poor Pokemon spawns or lack of Pokestops is bad luck. The design encourages one to travel as such- which is a gameplay function.
    That shouldn't be how it works though. Yes, they pushed traveling around as a point, but to the extent of "Go to the water to find more water pokemon!", not "Drive for 3-5 miles just to hit a single pokemon!".

There's very much an issue if people are traveling around to find nothing while people in the city literally walk a block and come across more.
    To which you continued to insist it was bad luck. Everyone else continued off of that "bad luck" claim. And even in the original statement, it was never that it's fine to cheat, it's that the game basically encourages you to by bad design.

As I said before how you feel about game design is irrelevant to the expression of gameplay. To encourage cheating would be to have cheating be okay.
    Except I showed you how their "gameplay" is a failure on multiple levels. Cities don't have to explore, goes against the point of the game. They can literally sit in one spot for 30 minutes with multiple spots lured. That's not traveling. So by that logic, all places should be more like rural zones then.

15+ Year Old Account
    By cheating.

Indeed. Because the game relies on randomness to a degree.

I am part of POGO team here in my city. No one person in the group has even 100 mons. The highest among us had 87 mons.

I would be willing to bet you did more than park an avatar at a cluster for a few hours a day. But that is not of real concern, as you said yourself, you cheated.
    Yeah sure... I cheated... to put myself in the same situation as you. And while Niantic defines spoofing as cheating, it's funny that the dictionary definition of it is to give one an advantage that others are not able to obtain. So yeah, elevating oneself to an equal situation as someone else in pokemon go is "cheating". Something to chew on.

But if you ever used a tracking site, I wouldn't judge others that spoof, considering Niantic has also said that tracking sites are cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    To which you continued to insist it was bad luck. Everyone else continued off of that "bad luck" claim. And even in the original statement, it was never that it's fine to cheat, it's that the game basically encourages you to by bad design.

Except I showed you how their "gameplay" is a failure on multiple levels. Cities don't have to explore, goes against the point of the game. They can literally sit in one spot for 30 minutes with multiple spots lured. That's not traveling. So by that logic, all places should be more like rural zones then.
    I imagine the response to the bold is going to be something along the lines of... "It does not encourage you" for nitpicking on vocabulary. The game doesn't encourage cheating, so much as the poor game design causes those who live in rural areas who WANT to play the game to cheat just so they can have the same experience as someone who can sit in their office at work with 2-3 pokestops in range.

When I first started this game, I got to level 6 or so off the items just given to me by leveling up, and a couple of pokestops I was able to snag at the time. As I continued to catch pokemon without any pokestops available to me, I ran out of balls. The same happened with trying to take gyms and potions. The game became virtually unplayable for me, who lives outside of a town in a suburban area where the nearest commercial area is 5 miles away.

I was not "encouraged" to cheat, but if I wanted to continue playing, I either had to start paying real money, which I wasn't going to do for stuff that comes free from pokestops, or just stop playing the game. So I started spoofing to some pokestops just to restock on supplies on the evening, and caught pokemon as they came.

I evolved a 91% Bellsprout and of course it got the two worst abilities when it became Victreebel, and ended up with a lower CP than the CP calculator predicted. Oh well, it's a tick in the Pokedex.