Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Have to level those alts, so I'm hoping Blizzard makes everything work towards that end. They'll keep stuff "hard" for a couple months, and then relax it later I'm sure.

Aiming for 12+12 * 110 alts here. Artifacts be damned.

Like I said immediately before your post, given the escalating cost it's effectively infinite.

Is there any weekly/daily "caps" so you cannplay at least one alt simultaneously? For example class hall campaign and world quests... Can someone do that and then have time for alts? Or you can continue do these until you are done?

I read people say they completed class halls campaign in different times... So i guess is not like a quest chain per week as it was garrison campaign in wod right?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

So after reading this thread, I've got somewhat of a plan. Please tell me if I've understood correctly!

My plan is to level my main, shaman first and spend majority of my time on him. However I will also level my Paladin (Alt) relatively early in the expansion and pretty much strictly focus on keeping up on research on her. Artifact Knowledge is kind of similar to garrison missions right? I could just keep my alt parked by the table (or whatever it is) and log on every few days to keep the research going.

This way when I find I have time to level my alts artifact the % multiplier from the knowledge will be decent.

Extra question, my alts a prot paladin. I assume my Sword and Shield is treated as one for Knowledge/power?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Class Hall campaigns were completed at different times because a) some required specific reagents that were very hard to buy during the beta (infernal brimstone and obliterum went for gold caps and not everyone has gold caps (char copy was disabled back then) and, b) some class hall campaigns had bugs and some didn't. People will complete them more or less at the same time on live.

World quests do eventually run out but honestly you'd need to do nothing in your life but play wow to exhaust all world quests on multiple toons (And even then, you'd also have to do at least your daily heroic, all mythics as far as you can manage, LFR, raids, etc.). The Artifact Power grind makes it so you never run out of content that is actually rewarding.
    Oh i see as i suspected, this is going to be the expansion for people who play only one char hehe... I admitt that i am altoholic but this time will try to have 2 class played..

Its nice to have lot of things to do even with one character.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly it's the expansion where you play one character and fool around with 11 more to see their artifacts/check their class campaigns.

Yeap something like that.. Or you just play them for professions..

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    i'd say more around 1 month for short term. After those research notes hit level a decent level, you start getting AP in bundles
    You'll only be at level 6 after a month, that's still a good ways off being "bundles of AP", in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    2nd artifact seems really easy with the artifact knowledge.

I don't really understand the catch up mechanics for alts (or if there is any)

From what I learned on this thread is as the expansion goes on the mission time for artifact knowledge will gradually shorten. So on day 1 of Legion the AK mission will take 5 days, making it take several months to get to max rank. Where as a couple months in the mission may take 1-2 days or even down to some amount of hours so you can get to the max rank faster. Obviously a toon you played on from the start will still be ahead of the new alt. But the alt wont take as long to get the max rank as your main took.

Deleted
    somewhat related so im not gonna make a new thread:
    how long does it take to get A) 1 of the golden traits 2) 2 of the goldentraits 3) all artifact traits besides the very last one.

asking because some are more useful for leveling than others, but not sure if choosing those first will mean not having those others for the first weeks after hitting 110.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    somewhat related so im not gonna make a new thread:
    how long does it take to get A) 1 of the golden traits 2) 2 of the goldentraits 3) all artifact traits besides the very last one.

asking because some are more useful for leveling than others, but not sure if choosing those first will mean not having those others for the first weeks after hitting 110.
    1st golden is obtainable while leveling. 2nd quite soonish after hitting 110. 3rd needs some work but most people should be there before raids open.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    1st golden is obtainable while leveling. 2nd quite soonish after hitting 110. 3rd needs some work but most people should be there before raids open.
    thanks